Vietnam eVisa - Was told will be $30, then get text for $100.

JimmyJ

Vietnam has a National web portal for eVisa that your pay 25 USD and print yourself.

This is new from this year.  You have the list of countries that can use it.

This is a direct eVisa with no agent used. 

NOTE: It is not a Visa on arrival that still exist and  you can get the visa stamp applied at the  airport before going  to immigration.

Check the page and read the FAQ. They answer  question and you can view the application process.on the web site .

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/faq

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Nothing to do with the e-Visa. No idea why you have posted it.

Gives some ideas about costs when you order via Internet a visa and get all back via Internet /e-mail visa this way.

I got a one year Multiple Entry in Bangkok for 6000 baht (36 B for $$ then)  I think your $100 is la bit much  -  you pay for the E-Visa (once mine was $19 for one month)then you have to pay again once you get to Vietnam - a one month single entry was $35.

On 7/3/2018 at 5:03 AM, JimmyJ said:

I used http://vietnamembassy-usa.org/consular/visa-application-process, and clicked on:

"2. Apply online and receive loose-leaf visa by mail  Click here. (For United States Passport Holders only; payment by Paypal)"

which leads to:

http://visa.vietnamembassy-usa.org/

As far as I am aware embassies do not issue e-visas, only the loose leaf visa. The cost of the loose leaf visa from the embassy in London under their normal service(3 days) is £60 plus £8 postage as of a few days ago. If you want the express service(1 day) it is £77 plus postage.

At current rates the normal service would be about $90 plus there may be a service charge from the payment provider.

The e-visa was introduced in Feb last year and available from the site in previous post at the visa fee of $25, as payable at the airport with VOA. They can also be bought through agents at a premium.

I have an eVisa now. One thing I am unclear on:

I guessed at an Entry Date and the eVisa is good for one month.

Does that mean that if I enter within 1 month of the entry date I gave that I will be able to stay for one full month from my actual date of entry, or that I will have to leave Vietnam exactly 1 month after the entry date I submitted - even if e.g. I enter 3 weeks after the entry date I gave and then have to exit 1 week later?

On 7/14/2018 at 6:20 PM, aldriglikvid said:

A small hijacking of the thread: Aren't you given 30 days 'for free' by entering the country by air (such as Thailand)? Reading your first posts I'm under the impression you're only staying for 1 month and then a visa is perhaps not needed. 

Only 2 weeks in Viet Nam depending on nationality, except for Koreans who get 90 days.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:14 AM, JimmyJ said:

If I correctly understand some posts here, when I arrive with my evisa I have to pay an additional fee?

You understand incorrectly.

If you got the e-Visa from the VN immigration website you pay nothing on arrival.

If you got an invitation letter from some agency then you will have to pay for a Visa on Arrival.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, JimmyJ said:

I have an eVisa now. One thing I am unclear on:

I guessed at an Entry Date and the eVisa is good for one month.

Does that mean that if I enter within 1 month of the entry date I gave that I will be able to stay for one full month from my actual date of entry, or that I will have to leave Vietnam exactly 1 month after the entry date I submitted - even if e.g. I enter 3 weeks after the entry date I gave and then have to exit 1 week later?

you will get one month as long as you enter before your visa expires. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I applied for the eVisa I took a guess at my Date and Port of entry.

I have not yet travelled to Vietnam.

It's now a few days beyond my stated Entry Date, and Id like to use a different Port of Entry.

With the Cambodian eVisa they specifically state that one should make such changes on their eVisa website.

Does anyone know how Vietnam deals with changes ro one's eVisa for Date of Entry and Port of Entry?

I was told it won't be a problem before I bought the evisa but their English wasn't too good and don't know if the info change needs to be made note of.

Edited by JimmyJ