The British heroes who were the first to find Thai boys missing in Tham Luang cave

webfact

2 hours ago, Rhys said:

... well all the best, with increase English learning, but really the story is Kudos to the Brits, the kids, and yes, even the coach for keeping the kids together and I'm sure he was scared S less, but he managed, the kids are all there... focus on that.. the assignment of blame is not all his, the man, has been through an ordeal... let him recover and give him the same justice as the HISO Pather Slaughter

I don't know the Panther Story details well, so can't comment on that.

However, I do think the Coach deserves some praise for keeping them all alive and apparently well in such dire circumstances, as well as keeping his own SH*T together too! Conscious in total darkness for even hours is a kind of sensory deprivation, I can only imagine what 10 days of it with no food and such a responsibility as well as gnawing guilt would do to me if I found myself in that situation.....

Perhaps some blame to be taken for getting in that situation in the first place, with probably little thought of the risks and emergency equipment that he should have had with him (did he have any?), but my hat goes off to him.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cyborgx said:

I don't know the Panther Story details well, so can't comment on that.

However, I do think the Coach deserves some praise for keeping them all alive and apparently well in such dire circumstances, as well as keeping his own SH*T together too! Conscious in total darkness for even hours is a kind of sensory deprivation, I can only imagine what 10 days of it with no food and such a responsibility as well as gnawing guilt would do to me if I found myself in that situation.....

Perhaps some blame to be taken for getting in that situation in the first place, with probably little thought of the risks and emergency equipment that he should have had with him (did he have any?), but my hat goes off to him.

I think the fact that it was probably him that held everything together is a massive fact in how people should think about him.

12 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Had to read it three times to assure myself that the heroic Brits were not themselves now missing in the cave. Whew, and well done!

And I almost believed that they found the only Thai in this country who is able to have a correct English conversation !

?

4 hours ago, Madgee said:

WELL DONE GUYS!

... Normally I bypass assembly but today I was forced to pleasantly endure a  long speech by the director (translated by the head of English) thanking the UK for it's help and telling the students how valuable learning English is by quoting some of the English used by the divers. He played the video clip for all the students to see and hear with a huge cheer at the beginning and a mega-applause at the end.

Nice post, but I hope he didn't quote the bit where one of the UK guys was complaining about his lights...!!! 

"These lights are $h1t"...!

3 hours ago, JimInPattaya said:

Fact 1. Brits are no better liked than Americans.

OK, so who likes Brits?

Fact 2. Brits excel at whining (sure you don't mean winning)

I'm sure.

Fact 3. Thai divers were right there with the Brits.

I think it will be validated soon.

Fantastic news which reduced many of us to tears yet all you can do is display your predudice. Yes I understand that it was upsetting that a series of Brits screwed your wife but time to move on mate !

47 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Nice post, but I hope he didn't quote the bit where one of the UK guys was complaining about his lights...!!! 

If the lights are shi t" is he wrong to say so?

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

Ah, decorum, would have been much nicer to say something on the lines of   I say old chap these illumination devices appear to be a tad substandard.

There's quite a way to go yet and I'm sure now that the kids are alive and well time is on the side of the rescue teams.

I have no suggestions or ideas to put forward but the guys, all of them who know what they're doing there will get it right irrespective of nationality.

50 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Fantastic news which reduced many of us to tears yet all you can do is display your predudice. Yes I understand that it was upsetting that a series of Brits screwed your wife but time to move on mate !

Yes I understand that it was upsetting that a series of Brits screwed your wife but time to move on mate !

How pedantic. A series of Brits screwed his wife. What a great poo ost.

4 minutes ago, Nigeone said:

So wrong but hey what the hell . 

Yes it was a joint effort but clearly the guys with the best skills were entrusted with the big final push. You really think Thai SEALS have anywhere near the skills of the British guys . It's no accident that they found the lads . Anyway who cares ...The Brits certainly won't ! They were found and that's all that really matters  

5 minutes ago, Nigeone said:

So wrong but hey what the hell . 

Yes it was a joint effort but clearly the guys with the best skills were entrusted with the big final push. You really think Thai SEALS have anywhere near the skills of the British guys . It's no accident that they found the lads . Anyway who cares ...The Brits certainly won't ! They were found and that's all that really matters  

They were found and that's all that really matters  .....

The Derbyshire rescuers are well experienced in potholing as Derbyshire's got lots of them,lots of people die in them & these same brave blokes have to go & retrieve the body's for the family's,I think it's voluntary work as they all have full time jobs ie firemen,they must love danger & excitement also helping others,you wouldn't catch me in a pothole & there's not a lot of things i'm scared of,fair play to the blokes,I hope they get a months all expenses paid holiday in thailand,but if the government won't pay it I think the grateful family's will & I bet they will have a great time in the village being treated like kings

And so they should be, as HM has just told the (Thai)government to treat them as his personal guests when in the kingdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

And so they should be, as HM has just told the (Thai)government to treat them as his personal guests when in the kingdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't you somehow related to them and enjoy the same privileges? ?

7 minutes ago, monkfish said:

The British divers who found the boys have now returned to the UK without taking any credit or medals their job is done.

I was wondering to see them sitting in the back of a pick up truck after their great work. 

7 minutes ago, monkfish said:

The British divers who found the boys have now returned to the UK without taking any credit or medals their job is done.

Yes exactly as would be expected from these blokes, no fuss no pack drill just job done,and then go back to their day job! 

It is very humorous and sad to see many people, especially who are very advanced in age, bickering and insulting each other about who raised the flag first! Definitely with the advancement of age it seems the mental status detiriorates rapidly. Very sad indeed, but inevitable - or, is this phenomena brought aboout with the 'TVF attitude'

By the way, in the news...
He said the whole team is now safely in the hands of seven Seal divers, a military doctor and a nurse from the Royal Thai Navy's underwater and hyperbaric medicine unit, who have volunteered to stay with...

Why not give each boy an injection to knock him out and then put a face mask on him and with 2 divers one at each end of the boy feed him through the cave system to safety. The doctors who are with the boys could administer and supervise the process. The boys my need to undergo decompression once the are out, as the increased level of water in the cave would also have increased the air pressure inside the cave.

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

It is very humorous and sad to see many people, especially who are very advanced in age, bickering and insulting each other about who raised the flag first! Definitely with the advancement of age it seems the mental status detiriorates rapidly. Very sad indeed, but inevitable - or, is this phenomena brought aboout with the 'TVF attitude'

He said the whole team is now safely in the hands of seven Seal divers, a military doctor and a nurse from the Royal Thai Navy's underwater and hyperbaric medicine unit, who have volunteered to stay with...

Human nature so yes its inevitable as for TVF attitude well you need a nice balance of members or it would get rather boring at times, as for very sad no I dont think so

29 minutes ago, ravip said:

Yes indeed they are real Thai Hero's there was a program on Thai TV last night dedicated to them they are real tough guys.
Especially the military doctor who can stand on his head upside down.

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

All three of them or just one? I have seen conflicting reports.

One would think their continued advice on best extraction methods would be useful.

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

BRITISH WERE NOT  FIRST, First to talk...their were Thai seals there as well same time.....Great work but stop putting one country on a pedestal when this has been a joint effort by all....

Archived