Thai boys trapped in cave to be given 4 months of food and taught how to dive

webfact

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope those pumps are electric ones... otherwise it might have been 'CO' that took out the worker that was lugging the tanks around

this could be an Apollo 13 scenario, rather than a hopeless 'Challenger' ending

19 hours ago, fullcave said:

BA sets, you mean SCUBA right? 

I was using the general term (Breathing Apparatus) rather than the specific (Self-Contained Underwater BA). 

My understanding is that the boys would most probably be fed their air from a leading diver via a "buddy-supply" (so not actually SC), so that the boys would not need to worry about checking their own air pressure levels or needing to remove their own tanks in the squeezes.  

5 minutes ago, steve73 said:

I was using the general term (Breathing Apparatus) rather than the specific (Self-Contained Underwater BA). 

My understanding is that the boys would most probably be fed their air from a leading diver via a "buddy-supply" (so not actually SC), so that the boys would not need to worry about checking their own air pressure levels or needing to remove their own tanks in the squeezes.  

An astute comment, however will 1 driver / tank supply enough air for 2 for what is being told is a couple of long transits? (even with replacement tanks along the way) 

17 minutes ago, Artisi said:

An astute comment, however will 1 driver / tank supply enough air for 2 for what is being told is a couple of long transits? (even with replacement tanks along the way) 

That could well depend on how fast the divers are using their air...

See my very recent post on page 10 of the thread below (I'm not sure how to link directly to a specific post)..

It also prompted my question a few day ago to more experience divers than I, about whether it was possible to change air tanks safely whilst fully submerged... ?

Archived