pizza stone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, pr9spk said:

Does anyone have any experience cooking pizzas in a BBQ? Thinking of trying it.

Been cooking my pizzas for many years on my gas grill. Not very difficult with a pizza stone but it might take a time or two to figure out the temp settings on your particular grill.

I've always managed with a cookie sheet in my old gas bottle fired Whirlpool oven, very nicely in fact...the dough for the crust requires the same preparation/kneading as any other bread...I do a thin crust pizza with sauce, mozzarella and toppings including meat, ground pork mostly; what is the purpose of a pizza stone?

not being sarcastic, just curious...and yeah, I've looked at google and the principle is explained but if a less complicated arrangement (ie, a greased cookie sheet) does the trick why bother?

5 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I've always managed with a cookie sheet in my old gas bottle fired Whirlpool oven, very nicely in fact...the dough for the crust requires the same preparation/kneading as any other bread...I do a thin crust pizza with sauce, mozzarella and toppings including meat, ground pork mostly; what is the purpose of a pizza stone?

not being sarcastic, just curious...and yeah, I've looked at google and the principle is explained but if a less complicated arrangement (ie, a greased cookie sheet) does the trick why bother?

Give us yer dough recipe, TW.

I need a pizza stone because I only have a charcoal BBQ, no oven.

That pizza looks sensational!

Dough is easy to make. Some 00 Italian flour, a packet of yeast, teaspoon of salt, teaspoon of brown sugar, some olive oil, knead until dough consistency then leave to rise for an hour. Knead again then roll out and add toppings.

8 hours ago, Michaelaway said:

Give us yer dough recipe, TW.

believe I used this one the last time but with all purpose flour, no 00 italian flour available...there are dozens of pizza dough recipes on the internet...

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016230-robertas-pizza-dough?action=click&module=Collection Page Recipe Card&region=Our 10 Most Popular Recipes Right Now&pgType=collection&rank=6

a favorite is with sauce (fresh ingredients quick 'n easy in the blender), mozzarella (makro), big pinches of ground pork, fresh chiles (hot or mild depending on taste) and thinly sliced fresh lemons (makro)...a big hit with the kids with the mild chiles...

Archived