New video shows boys in good spirits inside Tham Luang cave

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

I get tired of people calling Thais stupid everytime something goes wrong. He and his team adventured to the cave many times. Nature reared it's rageing head when they least expected it. 

It's like blaming everyone killed in the sunami for go to the beach. Nobody is to blame here. He is a hero. 

First of all: no one is calling "Thais" stupid.

Who is been called stupid is one particular Thai, who acted as a chaperone and absolutely failed!

But rest assure: in the Land of Zero- accountability, nothing will happen, no one will learn and dimwits, who call this guy a "hero", will have a field- day!

After all: how could the poor guy have known?

He is not from that region, has never heard of the word "rainy season" and the sign said "Beware of the danger from July to..." and he went in at the end of June, so...everything cool!

:coffee1:

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

Not in Chiang Mai and everyone who lives here has been well aware of the heavy rainfall this year since May.

Average
rainfall (mm)

Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

June

July

Aug

Sept

Oct

Nov

Dec

Bangkok

Chiang Mai

Ko Samui

Pattaya

Phuket

Statistics from Thai Meteorological Department

Yes, as you can see the monsoon rain starts in august. 167 mm for the month of June is not heavy rain. Most tourist attractions are open to late June and sometimes mid July. 

So thanks for the graph that clearly shows June has light rain. 

167 mm is about 5 mm per day. Which would be less than 1 mm per hour. 

2 mm per hour is light rain. 

8 to 10 mm per hour is heavy rain. 

Yes, I guess you need some humble pie 

6 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Yes, as you can see the monsoon rain starts in august. 167 mm for the month of June is not heavy rain. Most tourist attractions are open to late June and sometimes mid July. 

So thanks for the graph that clearly shows June has light rain. 

That would very much depend on how long it takes for that 167mm to come down, just the same as the larger amounts in August, it all depends on how quickly it falls, 300mm spread out over 30 days of 10 hour a day rain it is just a light drizzle, but if it all comes down in one night there are devastating floods. 

7 minutes ago, bananafish said:

I know they didn't run into cave dwelling scavenger type people who tried to hunt them as food, but this story could still be a movie. 

I was wondering if they would have killed and eaten the coach by the time they found them, kind of hoping actually, is that wrong of me?

59 minutes ago, DM07 said:

First of all: no one is calling "Thais" stupid.

Who is been called stupid is one particular Thai, who acted as a chaperone and absolutely failed!

But rest assure: in the Land of Zero- accountability, nothing will happen, no one will learn and dimwits, who call this guy a "hero", will have a field- day!

After all: how could the poor guy have known?

He is not from that region, has never heard of the word "rainy season" and the sign said "Beware of the danger from July to..." and he went in at the end of June, so...everything cool!

:coffee1:

There you go ruining everyone's celebration with your n words. 

One stupid thai. Land of Zero accountability, dimwit for seeing a miracle and the strength of this young man. 

He's only 25 you know. He gave all his food to the children and taught them to survive. 

They went in as boys and they will come out men. 

They will be stronger than they have ever been before. Not to mention, tourism for that area is going to sky rocket next season. My whole family is coming over just to visit that cave. So shut your trap. 

8 hours ago, djjamie said:

Their coach deserves a medal for looking after these kids in such challenging conditions. 

I hope they told them Harry Kane got another goal for England AND THEY ARE IN THE QUARTERS … WEE GUY HAS 3 LIONS ON HIS SHIRT 5555 … great to see them smile ":o) 

20 minutes ago, greenchair said:

One stupid thai. Land of Zero accountability, dimwit for seeing a miracle and the strength of this young man. 

He's only 25 you know. He gave all his food to the children and taught them to survive. 

They will be stronger than they have ever been before. Not to mention, tourism for that area is going to sky rocket next season. My whole family is coming over just to visit that cave. So shut your trap. 

Shut your trap?

Bit on a high horse, aren't we?

You know NOTHING about this guy, except that he is 25 years old!

For all we know, he might have shat his pants and the boys might have comforted him and not the other way around!

For all your other hyperbole: ?

They went in as boys...they will be stronger...blah blah...

For the tourism claim: great!

Disaster tourism as it's best!

Your whole family will come over to visit that one stupid cave?

Wow!

To do what?

Light candles and say prayers?

Weren't you actually the first on these threads who was on about "recovering the bodies" and crap like that?

One last thing: I remember you saying,you are a teacher and you have kids?!

Back in wherever - you -came -from-land, if a teacher would put a bunch of kids in mortal danger like this guy did, people (I guess you included) would scream bloody murder and this teacher would loose his job for sure!

But here, in Thailand, people can do no wrong!

They are all angels and beacons of virtue!

As is said: zero accountability and no one will learn!

And you and your ilk stand by and applaude a man, who put the lives of 12 teenagers in grave danger!

If if he will not receive any punishment, stop making this idiot into a hero, for #$%@& sake!

Cut the BS

Shut your trap?
Bit on a high horse, aren't we?

You know NOTHING about this guy, except that he is 25 years old!
For all we know, he might have shat his pants and the boys might have comforted him and not the other way around!

For all your other hyperbole: ?
They went in as boys...they will be stronger...blah blah...

For the tourism claim: great!
Disaster tourism as it's best!
Your whole family will come over to visit that one stupid cave?
Wow!
To do what?
Light candles and say prayers?
Weren't you actually the first on these threads who was on about "recovering the bodies" and crap like that?

One last thing: I remember you saying,you are a teacher and you have kids?!
Back in wherever - you -came -from-land, if a teacher would put a bunch of kids in mortal danger like this guy did, people (I guess you included) would scream bloody murder and this teacher would loose his job for sure!
But here, in Thailand, people can do no wrong!
They are all angels and beacons of virtue!

As is said: zero accountability and no one will learn!
And you and your ilk stand by and applaude a man, who put the lives of 12 teenagers in grave danger!
If if he will not receive any punishment, stop making this idiot into a hero, for #$%@& sake!

A few wais and case closed.

As always.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

They look about the same size as the ones they are using.

You need new spectacles mate..look at the diameter of the pipes used with these pumps, they are 5-8 times larger than what i saw on the video's used at that cave.

These pumps are about the largest from Europe, they also were brought to the UK to help with flooding.

If you look at an older photo of the boys they were all pretty lean when they went in,possibly a good thing.Obviously were in good health before and being of slight build it will make it a lot easier to get them out.

Putting dates on when the rainy season starts and stops is just plain stupid.All over the world seasons are changing.

Bangkok was getting flooded in early June.

I hope an attempt to get then out is sooner than later.A sudden downpour, which is quite possible,would put all at greater risk

46 minutes ago, Thian said:

You need new spectacles mate..look at the diameter of the pipes used with these pumps, they are 5-8 times larger than what i saw on the video's used at that cave.

These pumps are about the largest from Europe, they also were brought to the UK to help with flooding.

390412c1e11469c1a88a3715a45fe08b.jpeg.3a1ae53f384c5ef562e8c548dc55151e.jpeg

They have these, I think 24", they shift 1000m3 per hour.  Looked up the Dutch ones, they can move 23,000m3/h, they are a similar size pipe but much more powerful pumps.

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

390412c1e11469c1a88a3715a45fe08b.jpeg.3a1ae53f384c5ef562e8c548dc55151e.jpeg

They have these, I think 24", they shift 1000m3 per hour.  Looked up the Dutch ones, they can move 23,000m3/h, they are a similar size pipe but much more powerful pumps.

That man in the video said in another video that those pumps are the biggest from Europe, so it ain't strange that they are 23 times stronger than the thai pumps. Also this company only pumps water and has many pumps that can easy run 24hrs 7 days a week.

Thailand also should start investing in serious waterfight-equipment. This big pump is 23 times slower than a good one so it's time to buy good equipment me thinks.

2 hours ago, Lampang2 said:
3 hours ago, greenchair said:

Cut the BS

Oh that's just rad coming from you. ??

15 hours ago, greenchair said:

UM. 

They really don't know if the whole cave fills up when the real monsoons come in a few days or weeks. They thought pattaya beach would be dry, when in fact it was flooded. They are still in a great deal of danger once those rains start.  

Yes this has been my thoughts from the moment I first saw the video of them being found. Dry mud or lack of it on walls and roof would be a good indicator.

15 hours ago, greenchair said:

The rains started early this year.  

It wasn't raining when they went in. The cave was dry.  

There must have been a sudden heavy downpour. 

They could not have predicted it. 

The water or part of it that floods the cave could come from rain that fell over 100's of miles away days before it got to the cave.

13 hours ago, Thian said:

That man in the video said in another video that those pumps are the biggest from Europe, so it ain't strange that they are 23 times stronger than the thai pumps. Also this company only pumps water and has many pumps that can easy run 24hrs 7 days a week.

Thailand also should start investing in serious waterfight-equipment. This big pump is 23 times slower than a good one so it's time to buy good equipment me thinks.

Maybe, but it might be cheaper to buy 23 of those Thai ones than 1 of the Dutch ones.

24 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Maybe, but it might be cheaper to buy 23 of those Thai ones than 1 of the Dutch ones.

Well transport 23 of those thai models or 1 dutch one which can do the same, is very reliable and can run nonstop.

21 minutes ago, Thian said:

Well transport 23 of those thai models or 1 dutch one which can do the same, is very reliable and can run nonstop.

The transport cost is negligible, it is the cost of the pump that is the issue. The UK paid over 10 million to rent 30 of those Dutch pumps for a few weeks, how much do you think they cost to buy? 

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

The transport cost is negligible, it is the cost of the pump that is the issue. The UK paid over 10 million to rent 30 of those Dutch pumps for a few weeks, how much do you think they cost to buy? 

No idea what they cost but that company has loads of them...10 million to rent pumps or have Sommerset flooded...it's still a cheap price to get rid of floods and all damage from it.

With one pump like that they boys might have walked out of the cave within some hours. And the ricefarmers didn't have a reason to claim money for the floods on their land.

1 minute ago, Thian said:

No idea what they cost but that company has loads of them...10 million to rent pumps or have Sommerset flooded...it's still a cheap price to get rid of floods and all damage from it.

With one pump like that they boys might have walked out of the cave within some hours. And the ricefarmers didn't have a reason to claim money for the floods on their land.

Yes, that company makes them, of course they have lots of them.  I am not sure why you are struggling to understand this, one of those pumps will not pump water any faster than 23 of those Thai ones, it will depend on the price which is a more sensible investment.

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

As for the rice farmers, you actually need somewhere to pump the water into, when the rivers are breaching their banks what use is a bigger pump?

32 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yes, that company makes them, of course they have lots of them.  I am not sure why you are struggling to understand this, one of those pumps will not pump water any faster than 23 of those Thai ones, it will depend on the price which is a more sensible investment.

23 thai pumps need much space, many trucks, much staff, and so on...time is money or lives in situations like this so money isn't really an issue.

Thailand has worse floodingproblems than holland so it would be smart to have a few serious pumps like these in the backpocket.

44 minutes ago, Thian said:

23 thai pumps need much space, many trucks, much staff, and so on...time is money or lives in situations like this so money isn't really an issue.

Thailand has worse floodingproblems than holland so it would be smart to have a few serious pumps like these in the backpocket.

It all comes down to money, the space, the trucks, the staff etc. all need to be calculated for, but they are all cheaper than in Holland and so it may not pay here to have one pump to every 23 like it does there.

12 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

It all comes down to money, the space, the trucks, the staff etc. all need to be calculated for, but they are all cheaper than in Holland and so it may not pay here to have one pump to every 23 like it does there.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/2263652/thaise-dennis-9-vraagt-rutte-om-hulp-bij-grotjongens-nederland-weet-toch-veel-van-water

I know you can't read it but here is a link to a dutch newspaper where you see a letter from a Thai boy living in Holland asking the Prime Minister if Holland is able to help Thailand because they're waterexperts.

I like it and hope they can fly in some superpumps soon.

Archived