Trapped boys could be rescued THIS WEEK, says Chiang Rai governor

webfact

15 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

I didn't realise it's that easy after being trapped and in darkness for close to 2 weeks, you only need to look at the lads to know they are mentally and physically drained, don't panic are you crazy to say that, they are children not hardened adults!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm thinking that that poster is a hardened dolt. :thumbsup:

Am I wrong in thinking that there are some USA SEALs onsite? Or are they 'other' USA service personnel?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking that that poster is a hardened dolt. [emoji106]

Am I wrong in thinking that there are some USA SEALs onsite? Or are they 'other' USA service personnel?
Not sure, they need experienced cave divers and more so in cave rescue, saying that taking those lads out by diving will end in tragedy, the exit will take over 6/7 hours can you really expect children to be able to cope with that especially children with absolutely no experience with the situation they are in, rain is coming it's close to being to late to attempt the madness of diving them out, the alternative is grim leaving them in the cave for another 4 months or more, I'm praying for them constantly! My opinion I'm not an expert!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, Kwasaki said:

I was thinking maybe darf but thought of putting them in a quick designed sealed container and sedate them and pull them out on a rope with divers back and front..  

That would be my backup emergency extraction method. Heavy sedation, waterproof bag and full face mask. I wouldn't use it as a first option though, as a kid could still die from the sedation or if the bag got caught and held up.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

While I don't have experience of "transporting inflatable mattresses through kilometers of cave diving" I do know that hypothermia can be caused by lying on the ground and it's not going to help the kids if they get hypothermia. Ground insulation isn't comfortable seating, it's life saving.

I just saw the kids on tv. They look exhausted, and I don't blame them. Terror in the dark, stress, hunger etc etc etc. What I do know is that lying on lumpy rocks isn't going to help them get any sleep, regardless of temperature. So quite apart from the hypothermia theory, giving them something to make them comfortable enough to sleep would help their mental state. Sleep deprivation, which they are obviously having, is a very bad thing psychologically.

23 hours ago, BEVUP said:

No mouth piece, this is why they opted for full face, so they could just breath normally 

The problem with that is still that the mask could be dislodged, letting in water, resulting in panic. To be completely safe, a dry suit would be in order, but I have no idea if there are any small enough. I guess that there are no really good options and everything carries a risk.

Even if they opted to remain till the water goes down and can walk out, there is the risk of one or more becoming ill, requiring hospitalisation.

I still think the drill hole extraction is the best of a lot of bad options. There is plenty of drilling expertise in LOS, and many oil wells are deeper.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, pathologix said:

What makes you think the governor isn't letting the pros do their jobs? Proof? Ever consider the far-fetched idea that maybe he is relaying discussions being had by said experts?

How is the governor of the province acting as the operation's spokesman "stealing the show"? Maybe you should go home and let him do his job... Communicating with the public. 

So, we should trust the experts in one sentence... Then you criticise them for not bringing in matras [sic] in the next? Way to let them do their thing...

Have you considered, reading the hundreds of posts and news reports, that maybe it ain't that easy to get beds through a tunnel it took the world's best cave divers a week to conquer? Or that there might be a few priorities before creature comforts?

Strange they put him somewhere else now, maybe there was a good reason for it ? witch some people wont believe ?

12 minutes ago, joskeshake said:

Strange they put him somewhere else now, maybe there was a good reason for it ? witch some people wont believe ?

According to the BP and Thai PBS, the transfer was decided in April and announced before this cave incident. A dozen other governors are also being transferred to other regions in this annual shuffle. According to the Interior Minister, this governor is being moved to another province because he didn't get along well with other officials. According to an activist, it's retribution for his blocking of some public-works projects. 

That would be my backup emergency extraction method. Heavy sedation, waterproof bag and full face mask. I wouldn't use it as a first option though, as a kid could still die from the sedation or if the bag got caught and held up.
You don't put someone (let alone a kid) under heavy sedation without ability to monitor and maintain a patent airway at all times. You certainly don't sedate and seal into some sort of capsule.

Yes, it will be scary, but however they go out it will have to be unsedated and alert. Pyschological preparation will be crucial and no doubt one of the key reasons for having Seals stationed with the kids fulltime now.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived