Trapped boys could be rescued THIS WEEK, says Chiang Rai governor

webfact

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This governor is trying to steal the show from the beginning,so please go home and let the experts do there thing. I saw the video, ok they have blankets and medical treatment, but why they still sitt on the rocks, why not give them a small matras to sit and sleep on, and yes I know many thais sleep on the floor, but a floor in home is not the same as a rock

9 minutes ago, joskeshake said:

This governor is trying to steal the show from the beginning,so please go home and let the experts do there thing. I saw the video, ok they have blankets and medical treatment, but why they still sitt on the rocks, why not give them a small matras to sit and sleep on, and yes I know many thais sleep on the floor, but a floor in home is not the same as a rock

What makes you think the governor isn't letting the pros do their jobs? Proof? Ever consider the far-fetched idea that maybe he is relaying discussions being had by said experts?

How is the governor of the province acting as the operation's spokesman "stealing the show"? Maybe you should go home and let him do his job... Communicating with the public. 

So, we should trust the experts in one sentence... Then you criticise them for not bringing in matras [sic] in the next? Way to let them do their thing...

Have you considered, reading the hundreds of posts and news reports, that maybe it ain't that easy to get beds through a tunnel it took the world's best cave divers a week to conquer? Or that there might be a few priorities before creature comforts?

20 minutes ago, joskeshake said:

The governor should be held responsible for allowing public access to the caves

I haven't read all the pages, but expecting young boys that have never scuba dived before to dive through the passage would be terrifying for them with the obvious potential complications.

Best option would be like the miners in Sth America- drill a big hole and pull them out.

5 minutes ago, pathologix said:

What makes you think the governor isn't letting the pros do their jobs? Proof? Ever consider the far-fetched idea that maybe he is relaying discussions being had by said experts?

How is the governor of the province acting as the operation's spokesman "stealing the show"? Maybe you should go home and let him do his job... Communicating with the public. 

So, we should trust the experts in one sentence... Then you criticise them for not bringing in matras [sic] in the next? Way to let them do their thing...

Have you considered, reading the hundreds of posts and news reports, that maybe it ain't that easy to get beds through a tunnel it took the world's best cave divers a week to conquer? Or that there might be a few priorities before creature comforts?

The inflatable mattresses used by thousands of trampers/ climbers roll up small and could be easily taken through.

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

The governor should be held responsible for allowing public access to the caves

Yep... In the one year he has been governor, he should have roped off all of areas of Chiang Rai where people could possibly hurt themselves, including tens-of-thousands-of-years-old caves that had never before had such situations. 

In fact, all governors should be held criminally responsible any time anybody is hurt or in danger in their respective provinces, for not having personally predicted and prevented the injury. 

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The inflatable mattresses used by thousands of trampers/ climbers roll up small and could be easily taken through.

Maybe you know more than me about transporting inflatable mattresses through kilometers of cave diving, but I have been led to believe, from absolutely every expert interviewed that absolutely nothing is "easy" there. Every trip puts a driver's life in danger. Perhaps, still in the first 48 hours, they should be focusing on food, medical, communications equipment, etc., before being second-guessed about the lack of comfortable seating.  

21 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Pumping out water is  waste of time. The crucial thing is building strength in the boys and begin immediate training for extractions.

A pump is a machine. Those machines are operated by people who know how to do that. They do not know how to dive, give medical assistance etc... As such it is not a waste of time but a way of lower the water levels if rains stop for a while, which can move forward the time the kids can get out of there.

4 minutes ago, pathologix said:

Maybe you know more than me about transporting inflatable mattresses through kilometers of cave diving, but I have been led to believe, from absolutely every expert interviewed that absolutely nothing is "easy" there. Every trip puts a driver's life in danger. Perhaps, still in the first 48 hours, they should be focusing on food, medical, communications equipment, etc., before being second-guessed about the lack of comfortable seating.  

While I don't have experience of "transporting inflatable mattresses through kilometers of cave diving" I do know that hypothermia can be caused by lying on the ground and it's not going to help the kids if they get hypothermia. Ground insulation isn't comfortable seating, it's life saving.

2 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Agree, as it’s been reported that non of them can even swim (including the Coach)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to put a downer on things, and no blame to the coach and kids, but what does it say for Thailand as a country and it's educational system when sports minded teenagers never got the chance to learn how to swim at school?

I am saying this because of the reports in the media that these kids cannot swim, maybe the reports are not true, and they can swim.

When I was a teacher, the students went to the swimming baths one day per week.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While I don't have experience of "transporting inflatable mattresses through kilometers of cave diving" I do know that hypothermia can be caused by lying on the ground and it's not going to help the kids if they get hypothermia. Ground insulation isn't comfortable seating, it's life saving.

Again, your expertise obviously far surpasses that of the SEAL team. Maybe you should tell them about these huge hypothermia risks at 26 degrees Celsius (source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/03/rescue-of-boys-trapped-in-thai-cave-could-take-months-military-warns)

These kids have,  ( and are still ) suffering a traumatic experience.

Firstly they need some TLC form a few days before the extraction attempt is made

All the Governor can think about is a huge Media Circus

Hey ! the children were found by English Divers, but today there were also Thai Divers there when they were found according to Media reports

Shame on you Governor for trying to hype this up, why not think of the health and well being of the kids ? 

That would give you more Kudos

16 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I don't want to put a downer on things, and no blame to the coach and kids, but what does it say for Thailand as a country and it's educational system when sports minded teenagers never got the chance to learn how to swim at school?

I am saying this because of the reports in the media that these kids cannot swim, maybe the reports are not true, and they can swim.

Thaibeachlovers, would you mind telling me what you think is confusing?

44 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Pumping out water is  waste of time. The crucial thing is building strength in the boys and begin immediate training for extractions.

Please do share why you think that the pumping out of water is a waste of time.

The water levels would almost certainly be a lot higher if they were not pumping and it has been reported that they are currently managing to pump out more water than is coming in, the issue is more a case of whether they can get the levels down enough to enable a safer extraction prior to it raining heavily and undoing what has been achieved, right now it is far better than just giving it up as a waste of time, they have to try.

I do agree about the importance of building up their strength and training.

22 minutes ago, Khun Jean said:

A pump is a machine. Those machines are operated by people who know how to do that. They do not know how to dive, give medical assistance etc... As such it is not a waste of time but a way of lower the water levels if rains stop for a while, which can move forward the time the kids can get out of there.

Water is water they will be in it. It will make no difference the rains will come soon..

They must begin immediate mind set on the boys. The water machines are not the crucial point. A small help to delay. There is no time for delays 

2 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Please do share why you think that the pumping out of water is a waste of time.

The water levels would almost certainly be a lot higher if they were not pumping and it has been reported that they are currently managing to pump out more water than is coming in, the issue is more a case of whether they can get the levels down enough to enable a safer extraction prior to it raining heavily and undoing what has been achieved, right now it is far better than just giving it up as a waste of time, they have to try.

I do agree about the importance of building up their strength and training.

No time for bullshit and dragging it out. 3 days start evac. No need to share the media is sharing already lol. Training should have commenced today.

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Water is water they will be in it. It will make no difference the rains will come soon..

They must begin immediate mind set on the boys. The water machines are not the crucial point. A small help to delay. There is no time for delays 

Why can they not do both simultaneously?

Different skill sets that should not conflict at all.

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Where are the public swimming pools in Thailand, especially upcountry? Most are private and cost a bit to enter. Plus they may be 50 km or more from the schools.

45 minutes ago, pathologix said:

Yep... In the one year he has been governor, he should have roped off all of areas of Chiang Rai where people could possibly hurt themselves, including tens-of-thousands-of-years-old caves that had never before had such situations. 

In fact, all governors should be held criminally responsible any time anybody is hurt or in danger in their respective provinces, for not having personally predicted and prevented the injury. 

I would not give you a position of safety control. A clown that man

12 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

These kids have,  ( and are still ) suffering a traumatic experience.

Firstly they need some TLC form a few days before the extraction attempt is made

All the Governor can think about is a huge Media Circus

Hey ! the children were found by English Divers, but today there were also Thai Divers there when they were found according to Media reports

Shame on you Governor for trying to hype this up, why not think of the health and well being of the kids ? 

That would give you more Kudos

They need to be kept confident not broken down and patted like dolls. This is crucial to prepare them for the next phase. 

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

Where are the public swimming pools in Thailand, especially upcountry? Most are private and cost a bit to enter. Plus they may be 50 km or more from the schools.

It's called corruption

1 minute ago, Khun Jean said:

I think Media1 is thinking that pumping out the water somehow interferes with the other tasks while possibly creating another opportunity when the rains do stop for a few days.

Can't cure stupid.....

I think you have no idea. I served in the army. Did you ? Do you know anything about mental preparation  for a evacuation with untrained victims ? 

Your insults mean nothing to me a TV comment all standard here.

Archived