3BB suspension

manarak

I'm currently paying 12 months in advance with 8% discount as their  "we don't trust farangs" special offer.

The lady in the office confirmed it's paid up until 16th August.

Got the letter in the post saying the 12 months special offer expires 13th July and I should renew.

(the letter BTW wrongly stated that my internet was paid up until July, not August).

I would like to suspend my 3BB subscription for 6 months as I will be staying somewhere else.

The desk lady said "cannot, maximum 3 months".

Obviously the solution would be to just cancel, but the lady also said cannot cancel. (???)

Her english wasn't good so it wasn't possible to have a proper 2-way conversation, which is often the case with 3BB. Does anyone have reliable information on what my options are?

Call the 3BB call center in Bangkok at 1530. Follow the prompts for English. Inquire about the billing issue and state the reason why you wish to suspend service for 6 months. If they won't agree, just tell them to cancel your service the day before the renewal date. I have been with 3BB for over 2 years and always contact the call center to resolve issues and not the local shop.  

The English speaking staff of 3BB's phone hotline are at least average and often better than average English speakers for Thai business hotlines. You do need to press the correct choice when prompted by their voice response recording to get to their English speaking reps.

AFAIK, there's absolutely no reason you can't cancel your one year plan at the point it comes up for expiring or renewal (before the actual renewal date). On the other hand, it's up to the company about how long they're willing to allow customers to "suspend" their account/service.  If you can't get what you want, your choice is to just not renew.

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The English speaking staff of 3BB's phone hotline are at least average and often better than average English speakers for Thai business hotlines. You do need to press the correct choice when prompted by their voice response recording to get to their English speaking reps.

AFAIK, there's absolutely no reason you can't cancel your one year plan at the point it comes up for expiring or renewal (before the actual renewal date). On the other hand, it's up to the company about how long they're willing to allow customers to "suspend" their account/service.  If you can't get what you want, your choice is to just not renew.

Might be prudent for the OP to check their website and get an e.mail address and advise them officially that he will not be continuing their service from xxxx date, 

Otherwise they would probably be within their rights to be demanding payment. 

When you suspend service with 3BB, does that mean you pay nothing for those three (or however many) months?  Or, is there some maintenance fee that must be paid while the account is suspended?

9 hours ago, wpcoe said:

When you suspend service with 3BB, does that mean you pay nothing for those three (or however many) months?  Or, is there some maintenance fee that must be paid while the account is suspended?

Nothing.

On 7/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, robblok said:

Of course you can cancel after your period is up.

The OP's problem appears to be that he has paid one year in advance. This is obligatory for farangs for the first year, but entirely optional after the first year. I choose to pay yearly every year so that I can get the 8% discount.

If he has paid one year in advance then he cant cancel until the end of that year (or if he does cancel he will just lose the whole advance payment). If he does cancel then on his return he will need to take out a new contract with a new one-year payment in advance.

The suspension period is for up to three months, but it can be suspended again one month after an initial suspension is over.

I need to rethink my 3BB plan if I go ahead with tentative plans to split my time between Thailand and another country.  Would save more money by suspending for even one month than take the 8% discount for prepayment.

The suspension must begin/end on a billing month begin/start date?

Archived