Choosing a Vivo V9...

My Samsung j7 is getting slower and more full. I plan to replace it soon. I have always bought bigger name brands so far. 

The Vivo V9 is the only way I can get 4gb ram/64gb memory/6 inch screen without spending a lot. 

Has anyone tried Oppo/Vivo what has their experience been? Would they recommend against it in favour of bigger names? 

Any advice appreciated. 

Well here are four to consider:

and three more along with the vivo V9

The Samsung Galaxy Note FE has only a 5.7 in screen, but it's as wide a screen as the vivo v9 and it's Super AMOLED.  It's an oldie but goodie, 12,490 baht at Lazada.  

The Vivo X21 UD has a 6.28 in Super AMOLED screen, is thinner than the V9, narrower, 6 GB RAM, 128 ROM, more than double the Antutu score of the Vivo V9, and is at Lazada for 17,990 baht.

The Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) has your desired 6 in screen, comes with a 5000 mAh battery at a reasonable 180 gram weight, but at Lazada is only available with 3 GB RAM 32GB ROM, for a tidy 5,850 baht.  The 4 GB 64 GB version can be found online, also fairly inexpensive.

The Vernee X has 6 in screen, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM, a massive 6200 mAh battery with a 198 gram weight, and is out of stock at Lazada but at the Thai online seller Shopee (and others) for 6,546 baht.

The Ulefone Power 3S has 6 in screen, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM, and a humongous 6350 mAh battery and 210 gram weight. and is out of stock at Lazada and Shopee but can be has at Aliexpress for 5,482 baht.

The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S has your desired memory and screen size, comes with a 3400 mAh battery which supports wireless charging, and with it's Snapdragon 845 CPU it has more than four times the Antutu score of the Vivo V9: that'll set you back 16,490 baht at Lazada.

The Cubot Power has your 6 in screen, 6 GB RAM, 128 GB ROM, a 6000 mAh battery with 215 gram weight, and you must venture to the International sellers such as Aliexpress and pony up 8,303 baht to grab one of those.

So above find five phones less expensive than the Vivo V9 and three more expensive phones.  For me, I'll want a Super AMOLED screen, sign me up for the Samsung Galaxy Note FE.

If you're worried about the Vivo brand as opposed to the bigger names then I guess Cubot, Ulefone, or Vernee won't really interest you.  Sticking with Samsung, Xiaomi, Asus, and Vivo there are four phones here which you might want to consider; and having said that I think the Vivo V9 looks very nice in terms of specs, but I do not have personal experience with Oppo/Vivo.

So how did I come up with these eight alternative phones so quickly?  I didn't; they have all been discussed in a Topic called Mid-range smartphone recommendations.  A topic which i recommend you read; maybe even consider posting there.

Oh, I forgot the oft discussed Xiaomi MI phones, with the pure Android OS, the Mi A1 is available now at Lazada for 5,710 baht, 4 GB, 64 GB, but it's screen is only 5.5 in, and the Mi A2 which was launched in April 2018 and is not yet available at the Thai online sellers yet, but should be soon, which has about the same size body but a 5.99 in screen (77.4 screen-to-body ratio vs 70.1 screen-to-body ratio).  To me the Mi A2 is well worth waiting for it this line interests you.

I bought my wife a vivo v9. Have used it at times to help her with things. Its a lot lighter and cheaper feeling than my phone. Im not sure what settings she has applied so most of the things i dislike about could maybe be altered. 

Not sure what you want to specifically know about but for the price it seems ok. Battery seemed very good also. 

Dad also told me he bought an oppo and loves it but he is overseas so I don't know much about it. He came from an iphone. 

11 hours ago, daocat555 said:

Oh, I forgot the oft discussed Xiaomi MI phones, with the pure Android OS, the Mi A1 is available now at Lazada for 5,710 baht, 4 GB, 64 GB, but it's screen is only 5.5 in, and the Mi A2 which was launched in April 2018 and is not yet available at the Thai online sellers yet, but should be soon, which has about the same size body but a 5.99 in screen (77.4 screen-to-body ratio vs 70.1 screen-to-body ratio).  To me the Mi A2 is well worth waiting for it this line interests you.

I have the Xiaomi MI Pure Android for about 9 months. Probably the best all around device I have owned due to it being Pure Android.

If your not familiar with Pure Android, it's the OS with NO bloat. According to the manufactures agreement with Google, they can not add apps that no one uses or wants. No clutter, no taking up storage space.

Pure Android also get Google updates first and on time. My phone came with Android version 7.1 and I am now on Android 8 Oreo.  I also get security patches every month.

You will never get this type of support from any of the major manufacturers like Samsung and others until they provide Pure Android as their OS.

IMO, a Pure Android device is the way to go even if you have to give up a 1/2 inch of screen...

I've had the Vivo 7+ for 9 months. I'm very happy with it. I put Microsoft Launcher on it, it looks/works great. The one surprising disappointment is that this model is not Wifi 5G compatible. Be careful and read the specs before you buy.

I've had both. Oppo was ok, but if you need any service, they hide themselves away in a cubbyhole in a building behind Central Rama 9.

Vivo has proven ok, though it does present occasional irritating issues, such as the touchscreen not working. 

You could also give your current phone a full factory reset, load on just the apps you really use

and see how it performs. It might be just fine.

That said when my Samsung Note 3 stopped working (I was very happy with it)

I bought a Xiaomi, Redmi 5 Plus, phone. 6k baht. I am very happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't be worried about Chinese brands like Vivo, they've proved their worth. Just replaced my 2014 Vivo xshot with a Huawei - the Vivo was excellent, but eventually heavy use caused the battery to reach it's natural lifespan, also it's not really optimised for Android any more, still on 4.4 kitkat. Dropped many times but only a couple of hairline cracks on the screen, seems to have fared much better than many iPhones or Samsungs I've seen. 2018 is a great year for mobiles, as last year's high end features are filtering down into all the mid-range phones, including screen-body ratio, better cameras and better batteries. 

agree 2008bangkok, especially when the Xiaomi A2 Lite is only $229.99 and I think a better phone, as it's narrower, has a bigger battery with similar weight although with a weaker chipset and a less good cameras.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 7:03 PM, daocat555 said:
Well here are four to consider:

and three more along with the vivo V9

The Samsung Galaxy Note FE has only a 5.7 in screen, but it's as wide a screen as the vivo v9 and it's Super AMOLED.  It's an oldie but goodie, 12,490 baht at Lazada.  

The Vivo X21 UD has a 6.28 in Super AMOLED screen, is thinner than the V9, narrower, 6 GB RAM, 128 ROM, more than double the Antutu score of the Vivo V9, and is at Lazada for 17,990 baht.

The Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M1) has your desired 6 in screen, comes with a 5000 mAh battery at a reasonable 180 gram weight, but at Lazada is only available with 3 GB RAM 32GB ROM, for a tidy 5,850 baht.  The 4 GB 64 GB version can be found online, also fairly inexpensive.

The Vernee X has 6 in screen, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM, a massive 6200 mAh battery with a 198 gram weight, and is out of stock at Lazada but at the Thai online seller Shopee (and others) for 6,546 baht.

The Ulefone Power 3S has 6 in screen, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM, and a humongous 6350 mAh battery and 210 gram weight. and is out of stock at Lazada and Shopee but can be has at Aliexpress for 5,482 baht.

The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S has your desired memory and screen size, comes with a 3400 mAh battery which supports wireless charging, and with it's Snapdragon 845 CPU it has more than four times the Antutu score of the Vivo V9: that'll set you back 16,490 baht at Lazada.

The Cubot Power has your 6 in screen, 6 GB RAM, 128 GB ROM, a 6000 mAh battery with 215 gram weight, and you must venture to the International sellers such as Aliexpress and pony up 8,303 baht to grab one of those.

So above find five phones less expensive than the Vivo V9 and three more expensive phones.  For me, I'll want a Super AMOLED screen, sign me up for the Samsung Galaxy Note FE.

If you're worried about the Vivo brand as opposed to the bigger names then I guess Cubot, Ulefone, or Vernee won't really interest you.  Sticking with Samsung, Xiaomi, Asus, and Vivo there are four phones here which you might want to consider; and having said that I think the Vivo V9 looks very nice in terms of specs, but I do not have personal experience with Oppo/Vivo.

So how did I come up with these eight alternative phones so quickly?  I didn't; they have all been discussed in a Topic called Mid-range smartphone recommendations.  A topic which i recommend you read; maybe even consider posting there.

Good spec for 14,700

https://shopee.co.th/Xiaomi-Mi-Mix-2s-?พิเศษลูกค้าซื้อครั้งแรก-Code-:-NEWTREE-ลด-100-i.5088148.1092792634

Archived