30,000 baht Farang

NoHabla

Just now, Get Real said:

To me that seems like a very strange disability check. You will get 30K baht for the rest of your life. Out of what I know theese kind of checks usually follow some kind of index rate, and will get bigger during the yoers according to the value of money in the country that is paying your check.

However, if this is not, and is going to be 30K baht when you are 40 years old, as well as 30K baht when your are 78-80 years old. Then I will guess that even a Thai woman understands that is not possible to live on 40 years later.

Well right, it does follow a COLA increase.  But its supposed to be worth the same 30 years from now as it is today, based on global markets and the cost of basic goods back home, if you follow my meaning.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Sad, absolutely a bash based on a ridiculous generalisation, what may be true is that any Thai woman willing to entertain you has money in her mind, but that does not translate to all Thai women and their relationship with all foreign men.

What's the difference between any and all?

I have never been "entertained" by a Thai woman for money, so I don't get your point.

I never said Thai women get in relationship with foreign (or Thai) men for money. Where did I say that and why are you making things up?

Are you saying that Thai women care the same about spouses finances as they do in the west? I find your statement very arrogant then as Thai women don't have nearly as much protection as back in your nanny state.

I find your post very confusing in general.

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

What's the difference between any and all?

I have never been "entertained" by a Thai woman for money, so I don't get your point.

I never said Thai women get in relationship with foreign (or Thai) men for money. Where did I say that and why are you making things up?

Are you saying that Thai women care the same about spouses finances as they do in the west? I find your statement very arrogant then as Thai women don't have nearly as much protection as back in your nanny state.

I find your post very confusing in general.

The difference between any and all?  What?

You just now said that money is always an issue and claimed that the women he was talking to is being dishonest if saying that she doesn't care about money.  That would be you believing that Thai women will only entertain you for money, I am not talking entertain in the sense of a bar-girl, I am talking entertain you with her time, as in get into a relationship with you.

No, I am not saying that Thai women care about spouses like they do in the West, nor visa versa, and that is because I am not a generalising fool, I will leave that drivel for you.

I am not surprised you are very confused, I expect that is something that happens to you often, isn't it?

Imagine a Thai lady in her mid 30s having 2 failed marriage working in tesco supermarket living from paycheck to paycheck. You came along and offered 10k every 1st of the month... nothing more. You will be surprised how many takers there will be. Your clothes will be washed and dinner served on time. Many are so tired of uncertainty and wishing for stability in life. 

8 minutes ago, timberpond said:

Imagine a Thai lady in her mid 30s having 2 failed marriage working in tesco supermarket living from paycheck to paycheck. You came along and offered 10k every 1st of the month... nothing more. You will be surprised how many takers there will be. Your clothes will be washed and dinner served on time. Many are so tired of uncertainty and wishing for stability in life. 

Or even just one failed marriage and trying to raise a kid on her own.  Many men don't want to commit to a relationship with preexisting children.

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The difference between any and all?  What?

You just now said that money is always an issue and claimed that the women he was talking to is being dishonest if saying that she doesn't care about money.  That would be you believing that Thai women will only entertain you for money, I am not talking entertain in the sense of a bar-girl, I am talking entertain you with her time, as in get into a relationship with you.

No, I am not saying that Thai women care about spouses like they do in the West, nor visa versa, and that is because I am not a generalising fool, I will leave that drivel for you.

I am not surprised you are very confused, I expect that is something that happens to you often, isn't it?

Well, only with people who pretend money is not important in the relationship, especially in a country with no safety nets for its people.

So, yes....I'm generalizing. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

1 minute ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Well, only with people who pretend money is not important in the relationship, especially in a country with no safety nets for its people.

So, yes....I'm generalizing. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Not everyone needs someone as their safety net and not everyone wants someone else to pay for them, did you even consider that?   People are individuals, generalising is what thick people do, my feelings are not in the slightest bit hurt, actually I pity you.

6 minutes ago, NoHabla said:

Or even just one failed marriage and trying to raise a kid on her own.  Many men don't want to commit to a relationship with preexisting children.

Me neither. I don't want a woman with children, here or back home. So, here's the thing. If you get involved with such woman, do you honestly think money and how much you make will never be an issue? Hospital bills, school fees, phones, others, etc, etc.... there is a reason why thai men don't get involved.

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Not everyone needs someone as their safety net and not everyone wants someone else to pay for them, did you even consider that?   People are individuals, generalising is what thick people do, my feelings are not in the slightest bit hurt, actually I pity you.

What a useless reply. No, I pity you.

Personally I’m not involved with these but I have friends here that use this model... they offered to pay the electricity and internet bill and on top of that, 10k on the dining table every 1st of the month. I have polish friend that did this for the past 2 years and things are still great...  other than too many bar trips and late nights return that upset the missy, all seem great for him.

I am just different.  In my situation I am fine even living with in-laws.  In my view, the more people there are in a household, the more people there are to help out.  And money is less of an issue because it all goes into the same household anyway.  I've lived multi-generational for most of my life outside of the service, and its the normal living situation for me regardless.

7 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

What a useless reply. No, I pity you.

I note that you didn't answer my question and I take that as meaning that you hadn't considered what I suggested and no doubt think all Thai women are poor and incapable or unwilling to finance themselves.

And what do you mean no?  We can pity each other can't we?

I've pretty much nailed down what I am going to do.  I am going to enroll over at one of the local Universities and try to earn my second bachelors in Business English.  Definitely something to occupy my time with and I'll get damn good money for 3 and a half years from my educational benefits.  And a visa out of the deal.  This is what I should be focusing my time and energy on right now.

14 minutes ago, poanoi said:

just wondering....why would you want a relation that cost you money

as some sort of duty ?

Responsibilities I suppose? You don’t want to ride for free neither you want to be responsible for the entire family that you didn’t initiated.

7 minutes ago, NoHabla said:

I've pretty much nailed down what I am going to do.  I am going to enroll over at one of the local Universities and try to earn my second bachelors in Business English.  Definitely something to occupy my time with and I'll get damn good money for 3 and a half years from my educational benefits.  And a visa out of the deal.  This is what I should be focusing my time and energy on right now.

Yes! That’s should be the priority rather than deciding if Miss BKK or Rayong should be your life partner. Settle down first then you explore your options.

2 minutes ago, timberpond said:

Responsibilities I suppose? You don’t to ride for free neither you want to be responsible for the entire family that’s you didn’t initiated.

but, whats innit for me to take over someone insignificant elses responsibility ?

i didnt understand the 2nd sentence, can you rephrase

'you dont to ride...' ?

I believe people doesn’t want to stay for free and by paying a bit more than your share, you secured a partner that’s willing to be your companion. Not a bad deal... she finally doesn’t need to worry for food on the table and get some pretty clothes for herself from the money she gets working in tesco supermarket.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:10 PM, NoHabla said:

No I really do get less than 1000 USD per month.  Most people on disability do.  Very few get more than that.  I get my disability from another agency, but I am working on processing a SSDI claim.  I can collect from both.  But it is a very long and tedious process, my lawyer is working on it.

If a valid well substantiated claim, the SSDI process is not that long.  I know people that are on it. Anyway, your post is so general and asking about types of women.  How old are you and how do you plan to retire in Thailand?  What sort of medical?  Being disabled, do you need constant regular care or treatment or facilities?  Marriage visa for long term?  Retirement extension if over 50?  Doesn't sound like you have money to pay for a an elite visa

OP, just in case you'll find the right woman, you can easily get a Non-O Multiple Entry visa in Savannakhet/Laos, without showing financial proof.

Just take your time to find the right one who's not only in for the money. There are plenty of single women who'd be more than happy to have a partner who isn't a complete dumpfragg. 

I've met foreigners who lived on much less than 30 K, many English teachers with families are not making more money working fulltime.

Try to get a tourist visa that enables you to stay for a few months, then you can apply for 30 days at Immigration and if you haven't done land crossings, you'll also get two 30 day extensions.

Regarding your health issues, you shouldn't be too concerned. I'd guess that you're taking opioids, if you've got an insurance that pays for them or most of it, you'll get morphine, etc, at government hospitals after a medical examination. 

Forget the Naysayer's negative comments and try it. Best of luck! 

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

If a valid well substantiated claim, the SSDI process is not that long.  I know people that are on it. Anyway, your post is so general and asking about types of women.  How old are you and how do you plan to retire in Thailand?  What sort of medical?  Being disabled, do you need constant regular care or treatment or facilities?  Marriage visa for long term?  Retirement extension if over 50?  Doesn't sound like you have money to pay for a an elite visa

When you have orthopaedic injuries and spinal/nerve issues it can be very very very long and problematic.  Especially when you throw the VA into the mix, which I already receive their benefits.  SS and the VA work together on disability claims and it creates a huge paperwork fiasco from the sounds of talking to my attorney.  Also I have new claims with the VA and it just sucks.  Trust me I've been dealing with this process for the last three years and it has been very very bad.  It took the VA a year and a half while I was still in uniform just to do my claim, and they got a diagnosis wrong, so one of my ratings is wrong, so its just a huge headache.  Trust me I wouldn't wish this kind of thing on my worse enemy.  Its not like a cancer claim where you can just say, hey, I have cancer, here's the lab work, or whatever.  Theres hundreds of pages of MRI reports, physical therapy, doctors visits, etc etc etc.  It is not fun.  Anyway I just take opioid therapy.  My care is pretty straightforward, I go to a clinic once a month where they screen me for recreational drugs, and if everything checks out, I get a new perscription.  There really isn't anything else anyone can do for me.  I've maxed out on physical therapy, surgery, chiropractors, accupuncture, rolfing, even chinese traditional medicine.  I have three bones in my spine that are pushing into my nerves and there's really nothing anyone can do about it other than give me medication.  If I get enrolled into any university in Bangkok my government will send me 56k baht and pay for my tuition ontop of what I am already getting.  I already have one bachelors degree so getting into another 4 year should be no problem at all.  Thats all I need to do.

Go to Homepro hardware store and find a nice girl in the hand tools department.  get a girl with a job she likes and is secure. Ask where she is from? It seems there a different mindsets depending on which part of Thailand they are from. 

If the girl seems to like you in discussion go for it.  Dont say, I like boom boom first off champ. Be a gentlemen as I'm sure you are.  Hehe

Good luck. 

All the disabled and retarded kids from the third world, Africa, Asia, S Korea ( used to be third world and still one of the third world culturally), who are stigmatized and dumped on the street, are adopted by the first world (mostly American) do-gooders and are treated with dignity and respect and live happy as decent human being. I know tones of the cases.

Isn't that irony the OP is pursuing the happiness in the opposite way?  

The OP would be better off staying single, joining the other people who submit false documents to gain entry. The only stress factor is if the Thai immigration authorities decide to crack down on these practices.

Every Thai woman I have met has an expectation of support. It's in their DNA. Except, of course, for the BS artists on TV who claim they are so charismatic Thai women support them.

Plenty of farang teachers who lives on 30k salaries in Thailand.  Most of them are single I would think.

If they are seeing a Thai girl at the same time , they are probably at the same age and share the same interests. 

If you're fat and ugly your chances are much lower to catch a girl without showing them you got money to spend.    Remember money and wealth is important to most Thais. 

But I am sure there are some 40-50 year old women who is not interested in money to date a farang , they do exist.

Maybe just be honest from the start , go to a online dating site , tell them you only got 30k to live on and see how many replies you will get .  

On 7/6/2018 at 4:01 PM, poanoi said:

i have never heard of a crackdown on the "scouts honor",

do you have a link for it ?

my american friends saw it so natural to just cough up a suitable number

out of thin air they didnt even reflect on it,

their body language signaled 'couldnt care less' attitude when they told about the procedure

Have a look here..... 

Archived