Amulets In High Demand After Monk Prediction On Cave 13 In Chiang Rai

webfact

Amulets In High Demand After Monk Prediction On Cave 13

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

received_2251321374907973-696x696.jpeg

An undated photo of the amulets.

BANGKOK — Amulets produced by a prominent mystic Thai monk had rocketed in price and become scarce by Thursday after he correctly predicted the fate of 13 missing people inside a cave in Chiang Rai province.

Kruba Boonchum Yansangwaro, 53, predicted on Sunday – before the discovery of 12 boys and their football coach – that they were safe and would be found within two to three days.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/2018/07/05/amulets-in-high-demand-after-monk-prediction-on-cave-13/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-07-06

Pity he didn't predicted the shameful and disgraceful conducts of his fellow high ranking clergyman stealing millions from their temples and poor worshippers and warn them of their misdeeds...

44 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Shame that the level of Mumbo Jumbo is going up now.

Just hope the boys all get out safely and it won't be because of this Amulet and monk, nonsense.

"Against stupidity the gods themselves fail to contend."

If I was this monk I would diversify and go into the magic bean trade while I was at it...

OMG!  Or should I say OMB!  I just noticed that the lines in the palm of my right hand look just about like the maps of the cave I've seen.  Too bad I don't have a wart where they were found, just to the left of my middle finger ("Pattaya Beach").  Hummuna, Hummana. 

42 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Pity he didn't predicted the shameful and disgraceful conducts of his fellow high ranking clergyman stealing millions from their temples and poor worshippers and warn them of their misdeeds...

He was prob one of them

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Shame that the level of Mumbo Jumbo is going up now.

Just hope the boys all get out safely and it won't be because of this Amulet and monk, nonsense.

Yes. And the irony of ironies of all this is that strictly speaking Buddhist monks are not supposed to get involved with predictions and fortune-telling anyway - and certainly not with selling amulets! Ajarn Brahmavamso writes (very interestingly):

'A corrupt monk who tells fortunes for money, gives talks in exchange for gifts or practises any similar form of wrong livelihood [including fortune-telling] has a special name in Buddhism -- he is called allajji (rhymes with Apache), meaning "shameless". Good monks are advised to shun shameless ones and if a group of allajji monks congregate in a neighbourhood the good monks are to go there and send them away ...'

As usual, Thai Buddhism, as frequently practised, is all too often a counterfeit variety of the genuine religion.

44 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I bought some pills shaped like that.  I thought they were aspirin, but they made my headache worse.  And I had visions, heard voices, etc. 

Dont take any more pills you are going crazy lol

The Thai scammers have found another way to make money. Honestly, these monks are very clever. They know the Thais are very superstitious so they make lots of money out of them My wife goes to a fortune teller and she believes everything they tell her I just turn the music u louder when she starts talking about it

58 minutes ago, Darcula said:

Dealers were trading older amulets by as much as 150,000 baht at Thippanaet Amulet Market in Chiang Mai city, up from 40,000 baht to 50,000 just a week ago.

This could be the next bitcoin.

It would need a catchy name though. BitMonk or AmCoin spring to mind.

edit: Not sure about ChipMonk though.

You aint 'alf a naughty baaastard TV..  You know this story will get us biting and it does!  Keep it coming.

This pointless little cretin saw an opportunity to get fame and fortune and he got lucky.  Let's hope the 'Karma' they also believe in comes back to him later on in life.

I'm all for giving people hope but he is exploiting other people's misery.  Let's hope Karma gets him on his journey home.

2 minutes ago, Barnet said:

You aint 'alf a naughty baaastard TV..  You know this story will get us biting and it does!  Keep it coming.

This pointless little cretin saw an opportunity to get fame and fortune and he got lucky.  Let's hope the 'Karma' they also believe in comes back to him later on in life.

I'm all for giving people hope but he is exploiting other people's misery.  Let's hope Karma gets him on his journey home.

Ha ha, that's rather schadenfreude isn't it - especially regarding religion.

3 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I think you may have misunderstood this Monk, Obviously he is going to pass on every Baht he makes to the Children and their families........:whistling:

Less his expenses of course. That's how Western merciless groups charities operate.

Archived