AIS 1 TO Call and OTPs

maprao

Hi I have done a search and come up with nothing but maybe I missed something.

I want to keep my AIS 1 2 call that I have had for more than 10 years. It does not not work when I am overseas. I want to enable roaming in order to receive SCB and Bangkok Bank OTPs. However their service does not seem to work in most countries. Any ideas on how to keep the the same pre paid sim and make it roaming for the receipt of bank OPTs and other text messages?

Thanks

I'm not exactly clear on what your issue(s) may be...

So you have an active SIM from AIS with international roaming enabled?  You have a balance? And it is not expired? And this number is registered with SCB and BBL? ANd when you insert the SIM in a foreign country you have a roaming signal? And then you request an OTP and it is not received?

Can you successfully receive OTP SMSes when in Thailand?

It is fairly easy to maintain a 365 day expiry, especially before departing Thailand.

IME, and in many, many, many others, a local Thai SIM with IR should be able to receive SMSes assuming you are in a country in which AIS has a roaming partner, and your phone works on the local frequencies.

Failing that you could port to DTAC and try their DTAC Call app, which uses VoWiFi, and can receive SMSes ANYWHERE you have WiFi (no need for a SIM or a mobile signal).

Thank you for the replies. I think it is a roaming issue. I receive them in Thailand but not in the USA or UK. Or any country when I'm on short term contracts.

The problem is when I go to AIS offices the staff seem to know little about their multiple products...including packages add ons and extra services.

Thank to all 3 posters. I'll report my success or failure ....I need to ensure the AIS roaming is activated [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, it might help if International Roaming was enabled. Without it being enabled you would not be able to get registered on AISs' partner's network.

http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/en/faq.html

Not sure if you can enable IR via USSD if outside of Thailand, in case that wasn't obvious.

You can also enable via their mobile app, web app, email, call center.

5 hours ago, maprao said:

Or any country when I'm on short term contracts.

Not sure what to make of this? You do realize you need to insert your AIS SIM in your phone, right?

AIS seems to have a few partners in the U.S.: AT&T, T-Mobile being the two largest, offering decent coverage. 

MTLS Thanks for the link great info. The FAQS covers all. The only issue is the different levels of technical and product knowledge from the staff manning the call centers.

Once again thank you for all the prompt answers and assistance.

Archived