Unconfirmed report claims evacuation of 'Tham Luang 13' is about to start

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

That is what I was thinking to myself , reason being its forecast to rain on Monday right through to next week and it will take two days to get them out , so they need to begin very soon .

If theres a few problems , they wont want the media there , its not guaranteed that everyone or anyone will get out from there , so, they wont want the media reporting anything 

"A few problems" , I think you mean if they go ahead with this insane plan there are going to be many funerals. This plan is as far from analytical as one could come up with. It has Thai logic written all over it I hate to say. Go with a plan that keeps the boys alive as long as possible. Not the plan that seals their fate immediately. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

If theres a few problems , they wont want the media there , its not guaranteed that everyone or anyone will get out from there , so, they wont want the media reporting anything 

Good luck with that, i saw the dutch reporters talking in the camera while walking reverse with the soldiers who were walking into the cave...i hoped they would push the reporter away since she was rude for doing that.

Sure these reporters will be filming if any body gets carried out of the cave, unless the Thai can keep them away from it all.

7 minutes ago, Thian said:

Good luck with that, i saw the dutch reporters talking in the camera while walking reverse with the soldiers who were walking into the cave...i hoped they would push the reporter away since she was rude for doing that.

Sure these reporters will be filming if any body gets carried out of the cave, unless the Thai can keep them away from it all.

OI m quite confident that the RTP will be able to control the situation and to be able to make the media follow their orders 

Just now, sanemax said:

OI m quite confident that the RTP will be able to control the situation and to be able to make the media follow their orders 

Well they didn't start with that today, i saw it on tv.

12 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

"A few problems" , I think you mean if they go ahead with this insane plan there are going to be many funerals. This plan is as far from analytical as one could come up with. It has Thai logic written all over it I hate to say. Go with a plan that keeps the boys alive as long as possible. Not the plan that seals their fate immediately. 

Stop all these extreme negative comments

16 minutes ago, Nigeone said:

I disagree and feel it's their only option be it not a great one . It's not 3 months it's at least four till they can start to get to where they are now . And if medical issues happen in that time and you can't reach them ?? Food for 4 plus months cold ?? Can't cook as issues with gases and lack of oxygen . Nope I'm still saying they have to do it the next day or so before the expected rains come.. All signs indicate they are ..agreed though it's not a easy choice . Both with unknown outcomes 

Only option?  Wrong, it's the worst option because when it fails there are no other options. This option remains in place and would be more viable if an all out effort to obtain pumps with massive capabilities were brought in, beyond me why this hasn't happened. The lack of oxygen can and is being dealt with. As far as medical, food, time, cooking, all ridiculous reasons to go with a plan that has such a small chance of success. This is not my opinion but those of the expert divers. Apollo 13 is a good example, work the problems as they come up but keep them alive as long as possible. This plan is just picking winners and losers and there's a chance there be no winners. Hope I'm wrong but I would rely on the opinion of expert cave divers and the fact one has already died long before the opinion of a politico. 

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop all these extreme negative comments

It is the prevailing opinion of the expert cave divers that this plan, if done now, will result in casualties. Wanting to keep these kids alive as long as possible I believe is rather positive and in the end I believe level heads will prevail. 

My advise to you is stop promoting an ill advised plan which assures negative results. What is it with you people, there are better ways, keep the kids alive until they can be implemented. The entire world is on board, best and brightest in all fields. Don't pull the plug, there is time.

1 minute ago, JAZZDOG said:

It is the prevailing opinion of the expert cave divers that this plan, if done now, will result in casualties. Wanting to keep these kids alive as long as possible I believe is rather positive and in the end I believe level heads will prevail. 

My advise to you is stop promoting an ill advised plan which assures negative results. What is it with you people, there are better ways, keep the kids alive until they can be implemented. The entire world is on board, best and brightest in all fields. Don't pull the plug, there is time.

You make far to many assumptions . !! We agree to disagree ! 

I don't know who to believe anymore.

The boss from van Heck pumps will arrive there saturday morning to see the situation, his company has prepared the equipment already to be sent to Thailand. 

But if they get the boys out tomorrow they might not need his help i guess.

3 minutes ago, Nigeone said:

You make far to many assumptions . !! We agree to disagree ! 

No assumption here, real time reality. The vast majority of expert divers concur that at this time, with children that cant swim, and obviously no diving ability along with the fact they are weakened, this plan will likely result in death. What part of that do you not understand to support this action as opposed to giving these kids more time. There is means to pump these caves it just needs to happen. Too many doomsday assumptions are exactly what is driving this extremely reckless plan. Think for a second, you are selecting a plan with proven risk ie: dead expert diver, and closing the door on options with far less risk that can be mitigated.

Just now, JAZZDOG said:

No assumption here, real time reality. The vast majority of expert divers concur that at this time, with children that cant swim, and obviously no diving ability along with the fact they are weakened, this plan will likely result in death. What part of that do you not understand to support this action as opposed to giving these kids more time. There is means to pump these caves it just needs to happen. Too many doomsday assumptions are exactly what is driving this extremely reckless plan. Think for a second, you are selecting a plan with proven risk ie: dead expert diver, and closing the door on options with far less risk that can be mitigated.

As I said you make too many assumptions . Proof expert diver didn't  die because of equipment failure ? Proof All expert divers have said it's not possible ,particularly British !!who I'd be more inclined to listen too . Proof they can survive in there for 4 months or more !! Proof any other way is possible i.e. Drilling down. Proof there is means to pump caves when rain starts ? No you can't can you ! It's all totally unknown as to risks and outcome . Anyway as I said I disagree with you .wont reply again 

A Belgium made the statement and the news came from Belgium ? 

So who made him the official spokesman ?

ALL reports should come from the so called Thai management team , after all they are supposed to be coordinating the rescue  But hey this is Thailand where everyone wants to get in on the act and get their faces on TV

Various translations, courtesy of twitter, From last night’s press conference and subsequent official statements released

-the water level is still being the problem - now the 3rd chamber seem to have a problem, we are now pumping oxygen into the cavern to reach the boys. - at the boys spot , we has used oxygen tank to maintain oxygen level. - we check oxygen level all the time

-All options for extraction still on the table. But boys are not yet ready to dive.

Training continues.

- Boys doing ok. Oxygen level ok. Relatives sent letters to them via SEAL. Team rehearsing plans to see possibilities and problems. 100 holes on mountain surveyed. 8 holes have potential. Longest one is 400 m. but the angle’s not right

-Astrophysicists say, if following the Chile model, it’ll take 2 months to drill a 1 km hole to reach the boys. Side drilling is adviced. 2 waterways are closed. Water level still ok, but after turning off water pumps for 12 mins, water level still increased.

-Controlling water level is still challenging. Oxygen level poses highest risk, even in chamber 3 where SEALs are based. Air has been pumped into the cave to reach the boys. Oxygen level is being measured all the time.

- Boys still doing fine, with enough Oxygen level. Travel time in the cave is still a problem. More professional cave divers will join the team today. International team has become a main team working between cave intersection to the ledge where the boys are.

- the kids are fine , their parents sent the letters in for the boys to read. - Many plans have been working on to see the possibility and the problem. -we have drilled more than 100 air holes, there were 18 promising ones, the deepest at 400 m.

- Geologist calculated if we drill the holes directly , it about 1 km. and it takes 2 months to reach them. - some suggestions to drill at the side of cave - we already cut 2 water way

Various translations, courtesy of twitter, From last night’s press conference and subsequent official statements released

-the water level is still being the problem - now the 3rd chamber seem to have a problem, we are now pumping oxygen into the cavern to reach the boys. - at the boys spot , we has used oxygen tank to maintain oxygen level. - we check oxygen level all the time

-All options for extraction still on the table. But boys are not yet ready to dive.

Training continues.

- Boys doing ok. Oxygen level ok. Relatives sent letters to them via SEAL. Team rehearsing plans to see possibilities and problems. 100 holes on mountain surveyed. 8 holes have potential. Longest one is 400 m. but the angle’s not right

-Astrophysicists say, if following the Chile model, it’ll take 2 months to drill a 1 km hole to reach the boys. Side drilling is adviced. 2 waterways are closed. Water level still ok, but after turning off water pumps for 12 mins, water level still increased.

-Controlling water level is still challenging. Oxygen level poses highest risk, even in chamber 3 where SEALs are based. Air has been pumped into the cave to reach the boys. Oxygen level is being measured all the time.

- Boys still doing fine, with enough Oxygen level. Travel time in the cave is still a problem. More professional cave divers will join the team today. International team has become a main team working between cave intersection to the ledge where the boys are.

- the kids are fine , their parents sent the letters in for the boys to read. - Many plans have been working on to see the possibility and the problem. -we have drilled more than 100 air holes, there were 18 promising ones, the deepest at 400 m.

- Geologist calculated if we drill the holes directly , it about 1 km. and it takes 2 months to reach them. - some suggestions to drill at the side of cave - we already cut 2 water way

12 hours ago, Thian said:
15 hours ago, tropo said:

That report is nearly 3 days old (July 4) and no longer relevant. This reporter thinks they have much time to relax and explore all options. That no longer seems to be the case.

Is this 3 days old? I just saw the guy on tv today in holland, he speaks dutch. He spoke about them having navigationproblems in the cave which i couldn't understand...do they still have to navigate to find the boys' cave?

Yes, the video was posted on July 4. He was suggesting they can relax in the cave while the consider their next move.

Archived