Late 90 day reporting.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Don't people use a Google calendar or some other kind of reminder as to when their 90 day report is due, or do they rely on their infallible memory?

What infallible memory? it is clearly written on the paper in the passport, so maybe it is more a problem with one's optician :smile:

Just now, Tchooptip said:

What infallible memory? it is clearly written on the paper in the passport, so maybe it is more a problem with one's optician :smile:

Unless you carry your passport, or take it out and check it frequently, I can understand forgetting the date to report, that's why I put it on Google calendar for several days prior to the report. No excuse to miss a report.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Unless you carry your passport, or take it out and check it frequently, I can understand forgetting the date to report, that's why I put it on Google calendar for several days prior to the report. No excuse to miss a report.

I was mainly kidding, I put many things on my telephone calendar but not my 90 days report for as you said no excuse to miss a report, so I always know exactly the date.

In this country, I try to avoid any kind of problems but especially with the authorities

Thanks for all your advice and information. That was all I needed to know.

I had no intention of trying to be devious, simply wanted to know the procedure, for warned is for armed. 

Yes I usually record such events in my hotmail calendar, but on this occasion I forgot in amongst the stress and intensity of the day I visited Immigration for my new retirement visa, which required many more things to be arranged / bought for our development project.

Sadly my memory is not infallible in my progressing years, and I will simply have to pay the price for it.

Thanks again to all who took the time to reply.

On 7 July 2018 at 12:59 PM, Tchooptip said:

Yes I'm optically challanged also, but I certainly don't frequently drag my pp out of the drawer to check anyway.

Truth be told it was probably a subconscious relief of 'job done for another year' and simply forgetting the inane exercise of having to report every 90 days, and without a calendar reminder there were other more important, in my mind, issues needing dealt with and the months just flew by.

I'm just getting used to retirement and forget that there is no longer an army of admin assistants to keep me on track with visa issues living overseas.

• Like 1

On 7 July 2018 at 1:10 PM, Tchooptip said:

I was mainly kidding, I put many things on my telephone calendar but not my 90 days report for as you said no excuse to miss a report, so I always know exactly the date.

In this country, I try to avoid any kind of problems but especially with the authorities

Me too - USUALLY.

Absolutely no excuse, although I did try to justify my forgetfullness earlier!! 555

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, turgid said:

I was 10 day days late this week  on 90 Day reporting.

2000 Baht fine,  stamp in passport.    

Samut Prakan.

What kind of stamp do they put in your passport?... A scarlet letter?... What would be the future ramifications of this stamp? 

5 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

What kind of stamp do they put in your passport?... A scarlet letter?... What would be the future ramifications of this stamp? 

I have missed the 90 day 2 times in 10 plus years.  Once was about a month over!!  I just paid the fine.  Never got a stamp.  Other people I know who were late also got no stamp.

Do you mean they 'stamped' (stapled in) your next time to report 90 day?

There are no future ramifications for late 90 day reporting so long as you have paid the fine and got the next date in your passport.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

It is black or blue stamp that  just states a fine was paid for being late doing a 90 day report.

No problem for anything done later.

• 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

Hi,

When does the 7 day grace period start? From the day you are meant to report or the next day?

I was meant to report on 27 January. Just remembered now and will go first thing in the morning, 4 February.

Your report is going to be late regardless.

I’ve had conflicting answers from immigration over the years. Some say Day 1 of the 7 days starts on day 90, others that it starts on day 91. My advice is always to err on the side of caution and count day 90 as day 1 of 7.

3 hours ago, MagnumForce said:

Mercifully, we have an Immigration officer who is a very fair man. Slap on the wrists, don't do it again. No fine this time, but there will be next time????

Likewise.

It just goes to show, they're not all ogres out to "get us".....

I have a perfectly good relationship with our immigration officers, who I find to be very pleasant and helpful in general. They never even bothered to visit our house for my very first Marriage extension last year.

I would also retract my minor whinge about the inane 90 day reporting requirement, I now simply look upon it as an excuse for an enjoyable trip out to Krabi for a day or two. That is since I finished our frustrating building project, and now I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with....

Edited by Tofer