Forum to discuss same-sex marriage

Forum to discuss same-sex marriage

n1.jpeg

Experts from many countries will share their perspectives at a public forum on the Life Partnership Registration Bill in Bangkok on Saturday.

Among the audience will be Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister Prajin Juntong, Rights and Liberties Protection Department (RLPD) director-general Pitikan Sithidej said. 

She said experts from Canada, the UK, Finland, South Africa, Chile and Australia will discuss the good examples of legal development for same-sex marriage and life partnership overseas. 

The forum will start at 9.30am at the Sukosol Hotel. 

“Thai experts such as former president of the National Human Rights Commission, Amara Pongsapichwill, share the stage,” Pitikan said. 

She added that human rights activists and gender-diversity experts from the United Nations, as well as president of the Rainbow Sky Association of Thailand would also speak. 

The legislation of the Life Partnership Bill is considered a progressive step. If enforced, it will prepare the Thai public for the possibility of same-sex marriage in the future, she said. 

The bill was drafted in response to calls from gender-diversity groups. 

The Justice Ministry started working on the draft in 2013. 

The bill is in line with the national human-rights plan for sexual identity, which will be implemented in 2018. 

“We should submit the bill to the National Legislative Assembly by November if we expect the bill to be introduced as a law during the term of the current government,” Petikarn said. 

A general election is expected to take place early next year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30349543

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-07

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Humpy said:

Same -sex marriage OK , but adopting a baby is against the infants human rights .

Better to leave the child in the orphanage , foster care, or juvenile home than to have two dads or two moms right?

Same sex marriage seems fair enough if that is your thing...but I agree that allowing them to adopt children so easy is a bit iffy and the child's future possible opinion, mental misgivings or thoughts about it seem to be given short-shift mostly, which doesn't sit too well with me really.

4 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Same sex marriage seems fair enough if that is your thing...but I agree that allowing them to adopt children so easy is a bit iffy and the child's future possible opinion, mental misgivings or thoughts about it seem to be given short-shift mostly, which doesn't sit too well with me really.

No adoption is easy. Prospective parents go through the wringer to qualify.

You are trying to sound open minded but at the end just show bigotry.

4 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

I think if you have a problem with babies being adopted into same sex relationships then you likely haven't truly accepted homosexuality in society, which in its self is ok and understandable as i have known many homophobes that have been forced to conform with public opinion in recent years 

Ofcourse propper screening would be needed before any adoption of children 

The endgame for the regender/transgender movement.  The complete breakdown of the heterosexual family unit. 

Same-sex couples cannot have sustainable family units, unless incest is considered .  It would also sharply increase instances of Oedipus/Electra complex.

Additionally, you eliminate the primary benefit of being homosexual in the first place: [guaranteed] no biological kids and the higher income that comes with that. 

11 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

The endgame for the regender/transgender movement.  The complete breakdown of the heterosexual family unit. 

Same-sex couples cannot have sustainable family units, unless incest is considered .  It would also sharply increase instances of Oedipus/Electra complex.

Additionally, you eliminate the primary benefit of being homosexual in the first place: [guaranteed] no biological kids and the higher income that comes with that. 

Good <deleted>ing Grief!

A gay couple next door does not in any way break down a heterosexual family.

Incest? Seriously?

Your kids are misbehaving, maybe take them to the edge of the village and stone them to death.

48 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

You are trying to sound open minded but at the end just show bigotry.

A good example of why you can't honestly say what you think anymore unless it fits just right with the fashionable far left thought police. Your opinion is no more valid than mine and mine wasn't confrontational, just musing out load...but hey, can't have that anymore now, can we. 

19 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Good <deleted>ing Grief!

Incest? Seriously?

Your kids are misbehaving, maybe take them to the edge of the village and stone them to death.

I was referring specifically to same sex couples adopting children. 

Sorry if that wasnt clear in my first response. 

Just now, 4evermaat said:

I was referring specifically to same sex couples adopting children. 

Sorry if that wasnt clear in my first response. 

It was perfectly clear. You don't think two dads or two moms is appropriate. For what reason, I haven't a clue as it makes no sense. You are anti-gay face it.

35 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

I've read some drivel on TV but that has to be the most ridiculous.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/23/children-raised-by-same-sex-parents-do-as-well-as-their-peers-study-shows

"Below are 75 studies concluding that children of gay or lesbian parents fare no worse than other children. Click here to jump to the 4 studies concluding that children of gay or lesbian parents face added disadvantages."

https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

16 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

A good example of why you can't honestly say what you think anymore unless it fits just right with the fashionable far left thought police. Your opinion is no more valid than mine and mine wasn't confrontational, just musing out load...but hey, can't have that anymore now, can we. 

You can absolutely say what you think.

You did and it came across loud and clear.

You were musing out loud that 2 men together or 2 women together shouldn't be able to adopt. Somehow gay people make inferior parents.

I think it's backwards thinking and wrong but no one is suppressing your opinion.

7 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

You did and it came across loud and clear.

You were musing out loud that 2 men together or 2 women together shouldn't be able to adopt. Somehow gay people make inferior parents.

Wrong. I was saying that not enough thought is given to the child and it's possible future conceptualisation of the situation. Seems that the only consideration is for the the same sex couple to indulge their sexual orientation decision....which I didn't protest of. Try reading it properly next time in a tone that is not full of vitriol. However, we should probably leave it there as there is obviously no hint of compromise or possibility of discussion in your posts.

6 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Wrong. I was saying that not enough thought is given to the child and it's possible future conceptualisation of the situation. Seems that the only consideration is for the the same sex couple to indulge their sexual orientation decision....which I didn't protest of. Try reading it properly next time in a tone that is not full of vitriol. However, we should probably leave it there as there is obviously no hint of compromise or possibility of discussion in your posts.

I have a couple of friends who have gone through the adoption procedure and believe me EVERY thought and consideration for the child and it's possible future is taken into consideration.

18 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

Absolutely no vitriol in my response.

Any adoption to parents gay or straight takes the child's best interests and his/her future to mind.

Even single parents can adopt if meeting the right criteria.

No, you are right, I will not compromise when discussing human rights.

Just admit you are anti-gay so everyone can just take you from your word.

39 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

It was perfectly clear. You don't think two dads or two moms is appropriate. For what reason, I haven't a clue as it makes no sense. You are anti-gay face it.

I agree with him

Gays shouldn't be allowed Children 

So what? 

4 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Just admit you are anti-gay so everyone can just take you from your word.

Just admit that you are an intolerant left wing fascist so everyone on the forum knows and can take you at your word.

38 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Good <deleted>ing Grief!

Incest? Seriously?

14 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

I've read some drivel on TV but that has to be the most ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, DanaDeLuxe said:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/oct/23/children-raised-by-same-sex-parents-do-as-well-as-their-peers-study-shows

"Below are 75 studies concluding that children of gay or lesbian parents fare no worse than other children. Click here to jump to the 4 studies concluding that children of gay or lesbian parents face added disadvantages."

https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

I'm not concerned about what two adults want to do between themselves; a girl can munch all the rugs she wants et. al. 

But for a same-sex couple to try to emulate hetero relationships; it is not sustainable.  It's mathematics and has nothing to do with sexual preference. 

Do any of your same-sex studies go past one generation?  They cant unless [surprise] someone in the "family" either becomes hetero completely OR emulates heterosexuality enough to reproduce. 

Assuming at least one of the adopted kids are of the opposite sex, incest would be the only way that a same-sex couple could procreate to continue their biological "legacy" or "lineage"  That's the life-cycle process as I know it.

When you are building a society that should live past 1 generation, lawmakers have to consider sustainability.  But i'll leave you guys/gals to it. 

4 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

I'm not concerned about what two adults want to do between themselves; a girl can munch all the rugs she wants et. al. 

But for a same-sex couple to try to emulate hetero relationships; it is not sustainable.  It's mathematics and has nothing to do with sexual preference. 

Do any of your same-sex studies go past one generation?  They cant unless [surprise] someone in the "family" either becomes hetero completely OR emulates heterosexuality enough to reproduce. 

Assuming at least one of the adopted kids are of the opposite sex, incest would be the only way that a same-sex couple could procreate to continue their biological "legacy" or "lineage"  That's the life-cycle process as I know it.

When you are building a society that should live past 1 generation, lawmakers have to consider sustainability.  But i'll leave you guys/gals to it. 

Please tell us you are on drugs,no sane person can come up with this?

2 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

You are insane.

The kids will procreate with partners they meet when entering adulthood. 

They don't need to have sex with their parents.

You assume kids of gay parents will be gay.

How can human relationships be mathematics?

Conversing further with you or Sir Dude is lunacy as you two are the most backwards thinking Neanderthals I've ever encountered.

Archived