Forum to discuss same-sex marriage

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

B.S.
Nobody is trying to deny heterosexuals civil rights.
You're suggesting an equivalency that does not exist.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My concern is for the as yet unknown effect being brought up in an unconventional household could have on some/all of the kids who too have your fabled civil rights.

My concern is for the as yet unknown effect being brought up in an unconventional household could have on some/all of the kids who too have your fabled civil rights.
Fabled?
Hint you don't care one bit about LGBT civil rights just red baiting about protecting children. Cheap trick. Old trick. Fools nobody.

19 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Same sex marriage seems fair enough if that is your thing...but I agree that allowing them to adopt children so easy is a bit iffy and the child's future possible opinion, mental misgivings or thoughts about it seem to be given short-shift mostly, which doesn't sit too well with me really.

I feel getting raised in a same sex marriage is just as bad as being raised in a religious setting, but we don't ban that either.

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

"Unconventional household" ?

I was brought up in what you would describe as a "conventional household", what a disaster that turned out to be!

Just now, Jingthing said:

That's gross. You're assuming children oh gay parents would be brainwashed.

You should learn to read sarcasm.

Most people against letting gay people adopting are religious, I just said it was equally worse to let religious people adopt children.

My way of saying why allow people to raise children with religion but not let them be raised by gay people. 

As you know I am atheist and against religion but I am not against religious people adopting children as its their freedom to raise kids as they want.. why would that have to be different for gay couples. 

6 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

"Unconventional household" ?

I was brought up in what you would describe as a "conventional household", what a disaster that turned out to be!

I assumed the context would have been understood...

Hmmm 3x personal attacks...?

You are entitled to my opinion JT [emoji16]

You're kvetching about personal attacks when you unfairly insult an entire class of human beings as being a danger to children. Unbelievable. So you're a victim when people correctly call out your vile bigotry?

I'll meet you halfway dude. Some people are good parents and some aren't. Regardless of the parents identity.

Many of the bad parents are straight people. We don't say no straight people can have children because some are bad now do we?

it's more the sub-class, or rather sub-human classes;

that can also then be sub-divided even further into the marriagable or the non-marriables:

- the Kevin Spaceys

-  the Priests

who unfortunately cause the bigger picture paint brush to inundate everything!

21 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

The endgame for the regender/transgender movement.  The complete breakdown of the heterosexual family unit. 

Same-sex couples cannot have sustainable family units, unless incest is considered .  It would also sharply increase instances of Oedipus/Electra complex.

Additionally, you eliminate the primary benefit of being homosexual in the first place: [guaranteed] no biological kids and the higher income that comes with that. 

I find this to be extremely stupid. 

Marriage is primarily about property law, and has a secondary function to legalize family relationships. Marriage is not 'consummated' with the birth of children, only with the couple having sex.

It doesn't necessarily have much to do with adoption or sexuality or even love... Some people marry for other reasons.

The only thing I see here that's offensive to me is the barrage of images of men kissing. I enjoy Thai culture and the absence of people demonstrating their sexual preferences and behaviors in public. I see mixed and same sex couples here and have no problems with any of them until they start westernising their behaviours.

Thai law is archaic and broken, their police appear to have no other function than act as financial guardians for the authorities - so there's not much interest on my part in that subject - they should scrap the whole shebang and start from scratch.

19 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

But for a same-sex couple to try to emulate hetero relationships; it is not sustainable. 

The subject is marriage, not reproduction or 'emulation'. Are you assuming that gay couples try to emulate hetero relationships?

As with mine, the wife is the boss and I clean the toilet and do the ironing? Is that what you mean?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You're kvetching about personal attacks when you unfairly insult an entire class of human beings as being a danger to children. Unbelievable. So you're a victim when people correctly call out your vile bigotry?

I'll meet you halfway dude. Some people are good parents and some aren't. Regardless of the parents identity.

Many of the bad parents are straight people. We don't say no straight people can have children because some are bad now do we?

Where was the insult and what was unfair? Anything other than complete acceptance of all things gay invariably results in a red card, thus steamrollering the majority into submission 'or else'!

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Where was the insult and what was unfair? Anything other than complete acceptance of all things gay invariably results in a red card, thus steamrollering the majority into submission 'or else'!

Intolerance of intolerance is not intolerance.

You have full civil rights as a straight man.

Your civil rights are not threatened anywhere in the world. 

Yet you actively act the FEAR MONGER to whip up support to continue to deny gay people full civil rights.

You think that's OK. I don't.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yet you actively act the FEAR MONGERER to whip up support to continue to deny gay people full civil rights.

Thinking out loud falls way short of going the full Alf Garnett ?

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yet you actively act the FEAR MONGER to whip up support to continue to deny gay people full civil rights.

I was going to reply, but this point you made is spot on and I no longer need to.

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

What is so loathsome in accepting all things gay?

They are people, they are normal, they belong to families, can have families and are every bit as welcome in society.

Submission into what? What are you giving up by granting gay rights to others?

I don't understand this.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, Humpy said:

Same -sex marriage OK , but adopting a baby is against the infants human rights .

My view too... I know many will disagree with me but I do not think it is right.

It is of no benefit to a child only gratification for same sex couples... 

Archived