Keeping french fries warm

Mrs starting a little motorbike restaurant and doing french fries. Will be doing small batches of prepackaged fries. I think these are already semi cooked?

Just wondering the best way to keep them warm without going soggy. Have a bain marie but maybe the humidity will make them limp?

I know Thais often sell cold fries but I would rather serve them at least warm. Maybe in the bain marie and if there for more than half an hour a quick minute dip back in hot oil or something?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The only way that I know how to keep FF warm without them going soggy is using a heat lamp.  I don't know how you would rig taht on a motor bike unless you can find one that is 12vdc.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, wayned said:

The only way that I know how to keep FF warm without them going soggy is using a heat lamp.  I don't know how you would rig taht on a motor bike unless you can find one that is 12vdc.

Wire in an inverter maybe? Doubt a standard m'bike battery could supply enough which would mean using a car battery that requires recharging every night. Seems somewhat excessive just to sell some chips though.

Old veg oil can over some coals to act as an oven perhaps.

product-exora-cooking-oil.jpg.0e8aa14cffc9922236bcc365c5c80bc4.jpg

Archived