Rescuers begin evacuation of 'Tham Luang 13'

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

tweet from @ThaiArmedForces.com says expect first child out in about 3 hours

However other sources are saying more like 9 PM so nto sure, maybe a translation issue...

My heart is in my throat....

Sorry I can't type Thai-----"3 thoom" is 9:00 p.m. There is no way we will see anyone emerge 3 hrs. from now or even at 3:00 p.m. Let's all hope and pray for a positive outcome this evening.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

And the rescuers out safely, too.

These brave men are taking considerable risk.

Yes indeed, and I did mean everyone involved, it really is gonna be a tense few hours ahead for everyone, the boys, their families the rescuers and their families.

16 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hopeful the will be in Russia to see Harry Kane lift the trophy go get em good luck. 

Not likely.  They will need rest  and  various medications for 14-21 days if they exit.

They have been living in proximity to their feces and urine, and were drinking contaminated water during their time in the cave. I expect some will have some serious emotional issues that will need to be addressed. The best thing that can be done for them is to leave them alone for a few months and to let them heal with their families.

3 minutes ago, chuang said:

Hope they can all attend the world cup final in moscow.....Chok Dee..

I hope they can also, just hope they like football a lot more than i do!!

Good luck to all, positive energy heading your way......................................

It is going to be a long 10 hours for me, so for the parents it will feel like days, I wish them all the very best of luck and yes, a fitting end would be a VIP trip to the world cup final, they certainly deserve it.

13 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

If the kids dive with 2 divers each, they're going to need 26 divers, not 18...

Information is very patchy and conflicting at the moment, just on the news now that they may bring 4 boys out at a time and may take 3 days to accomplish. Many parts of the tunnels are now walkable with just 3 sections that have to be dived through. But there again its all hearsay.

27 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

However other sources are saying more like 9 PM so nto sure, maybe a translation issue...

Quite possible translation as 3 in the evening in Thai is 9 pm. 

oops too late was posted already.

27 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

ThaiArmedForces.com says expect first child out in about 3 hours

However other sources are saying more like 9 PM s

Thai time...3 o’clock is 9 pm (3 hours after 6pm)

The choice for foreign divers is maybe ominous.
Better, for want of anything else, start praying mightely.
Why?

They have chosen to utilize the highest level of expertise in cave diving/cave rescue in the world. More credit to them for that....and to the experts for volunteering to help.

And are pairing them with Thai Navy Seals which ensures the kids have a rescuer they can communicate with.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

36 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Perhaps they meant sam thum in Thai which is 9pm in English.

Channel 32 (Sat TV) is giving constant updates...

They just show the whole planning for today's operation, almost minute by minute...as if it had been done by NASA!

Just by looking at it, one can be confident that real pros are in charge...

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

And the rescuers out safely, too.

These brave men are taking considerable risk.

Brave men indeed, I cannot imagine the stress level of these guys, they have been under pressure from day one. God speed and a successful rescue. 

Just now, Brunolem said:

Channel 32 (Sat TV) is giving constant updates...

They just show the whole planning for today's operation, almost minute by minute...as if it had been done by NASA!

Just by looking at it, one can be confident that real pros are in charge...

Very good to hear this. Thanks for that info, Brunolem.

Diving in these circumstances is extremely risky (strong currents, narrow passages, no visibility because of muddy water....). Hope the boys had enough diving practice to be able to keep their heads cool and not panic.

Very, very dangerous rescue attempt. Let's hope they pull it off.

1 minute ago

ความเสี่ยงที่ลดลงนอกจากน้ำลดแล้ว ยังมีนักดำน้ำในถ้ำที่ดีที่สุดในโลก 13 คนประกบ 1ต่อ1 พร้อมซีลที่ดีที่สุดของไทยอีก 5 คนเป็นทีมเฉพาะกิจช่วยเหลือ

The risk has been reduced by  reduced water level, tand here is also the best divers in the world. 13 people Five of the best seals in Thailand are the dedicated team of support .

(please feel free to improve on this translation!)

4 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Diving in these circumstances is extremely risky (strong currents, narrow passages, no visibility because of muddy water....). Hope the boys had enough diving practice to be able to keep their heads cool and not panic.

Very, very dangerous rescue attempt. Let's hope they pull it off.

From what we have seen, those kids are tough and courageous little fighters - so I think they have the strength of spirit to come through this all. And they are in the hands of real experts. So let's pray and hope for the very best.

But of course you are right: it's an immensely tricky and risky operation ...

Unofficial translation, press conference (Governor)

"Some might ask what we have been waiting for. It was the water and the health of the boys and making all the necessary preparations and rehearsals, we have been finalyzing the plan/steps for the last 2-3 days"

40 minutes ago, cmsally said:

A bit of detail on further British involvement

Two more British cave divers

I read in another article that the object is to get them to a "safe zone" by 9pm (in the cave) and the first cave exit would be tomorrow morning. Sorry can't seem to retrace that article.

I also heard that from two different sources.  It seems (sketchy details) that the two strongest boys will be lead out first, and in incremental stages (open-air chambers designated as rest areas and where air tanks are stockpiled), and if all goes well, they should reach the "safe zone" by around 9pm tonight (thai time).  Based on how it goes, they'll decide whether or not to continue with the other boys.  There are a lot of variables that could effect the operation obviously, and most notably, how serious the thunderstorms become that are expected later today, and how that effects water levels in the cave.  Again, just my understanding from very sketchy details.  I'm sure everybody's prayers are with them and with the rescuers.

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

From what we have seen, those kids are tough and courageous little fighters - so I think they have the strength of spirit to come through this all. And they are in the hands of real experts. So let's pray and hope for the very best.

But of course you are right: it's an immensely tricky and risky operation ...

At the press conference the Governor  stressed that the families and the boys themselves were fully consulted in the decision to go forward. So the boys know what it will entail and have the necessary determination and will. Let us hope this overcomes their physical limitations.

Quote from the Guardian live feed ... looks like 5 Thai Navy Seals plus the best international cave divers ... the kids are in the best hands and appear keen to go.

"The governor has said that the 13 international divers who will go in to the cave to rescue the boys are “all stars.” 

“And we selected five of our best who can work with them,” he said.

It was previously reported that having Thai-speaking divers whom the boys have a bond with was going to be key to the rescue operation".

Archived