Rescuers begin evacuation of 'Tham Luang 13'

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing we should to right now is hope that both the team working with the rescue is same strong today as the boys and their coach has been all the way so far.

We should have the deepest admiration for all persons involved and stop with more speculations. I wish everybody can just follow the news and report what is happening please.

16 minutes ago, Lampang2 said:

As I understand from news channels they where all sedated.

A clever move, IMHO.

Thats correct.

Its a risk for histoplasmosis so they will undergo a significant survey at the hospital over a period of at least 5 days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoplasmosis

6 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I wish everybody can just follow the news and report what is happening please.

It would seem that no one has been told the names of those rescued yesterday, including their own parents!

That would be in order to preserve solidarity...

1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

It would seem that no one has been told the names of those rescued yesterday, including their own parents!

And how do you explain the photos of the 2 first boys out, and the name of the first boy in the news? Time to adhere to facts now.

2 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

...and to prevent parents from running down the hospital...

Australian news media have listed the 4 names (no Thai official confirmation though).  Coach is not one of them.

Both Thai and international TV this morning report the parents are with the boys.

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Australian news media have listed the 4 names (no Thai official confirmation though).  Coach is nto one of them.

bith Thai and itnernational TV this morning report the parents are with the boys.

Of course they will. Anything else would be in violation of human rights.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Australian news media have listed the 4 names (no Thai official confirmation though).  Coach is nto one of them.

bith Thai and itnernational TV this morning report the parents are with the boys.

The parents are for sure NOT with their boys as it is a risk for different diseases that need to be clarified first, but they may be at the hospital monitoring at a safe distance  through glass walls...

Just now, ttrd said:

The parents are for sure NOT with their boys as it is a risk for different diseases that need to be clarified first, but they may be at the hospital monitoring at a safe distance  through glass walls...

Jesus shut up <deleted>. What the hell do you know.

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Long night I presume ?  ☺️ :w00t: 

7 minutes ago, ttrd said:

As a health professional I cannot see why that degree of isolation would be needed.

The main infectious diseases of concern are histoplasmosis, leptospirosis, and diarhheal diseases. None of these requires that degree of isolation...in fact, not more than good handwashing and gloves/gowns when handling bodily fluids.

The Navy Seals who have been with the boys on that narrow ledge, as shown in videos, were not even wearing masks let alone other isolation gear.

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

I was quoting you post where you said for SURE the parents are NOT with the boys blah blah blah, which of course you have zero knowledge about, especially when you then start talking about medical stuff which you are no doubt even more clueless about.

The link you posted above repeats whats been in the news in at least yesterday evening that the divers need to rest, the tanks need to be replaced along the route and it is exactly in line with what was said at the outset and all along from official sources that this is a 2-3 day operation.

26 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Any updates today? ?

Not yet, just speculation, and general statements that the kids in the hospital are "OK".

A meeting has been in progress at the command center where presumably some key decisions would be made and a press conference is expected afterwards. Initially thought it would be this morning, but still waiting....

I think the sedation now is an important part of this operation , they managed to keep the boys relaxed under water , not sure if they even remember much of the diving.  

I am worried about the coach , larger body to move , maybe he want to come out as the last one , after the kids. 

19 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I have taken to flipping your posts on this thread. That is to say, anything you say, usually prefaced by "It would seem..", "People are saying...", "The Thai grapevine..." turns out to be completely wrong.

I look forward to your next inaccuracy.

I just report what I read on different newsblogs...

Someone else posted early this morning that the rescue operation had resumed when in fact it still has not...

Given the news blackout, there is obviously a lot of speculation, confusion and so on.

Having said that, I have provided news in only 2 posts lately, and in the first one, "the grapevine", I reported that the weakest ones had been evacuated first, and that it seemed they had been sedated.

Since then, both news appear to have been confirmed...so I am far from being constantly wrong...

Yet, I am always interested to learn from the lucky few who "know" what is going on...

29 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not yet, just speculation, and general statements that the kids in the hospital are "OK".

The person who tweeted the "code red" thing about one of the boys yesterday retracted it, so that's good.

I've been watching for an official statement to confirm the report that they were bringing the boys out weakest-first. Anybody seen anything official on that? As far as I know it's still in the realm of an unconfirmed report at this point.

Anybody know if they are going to do or have done an autopsy on the SEAL that died to understand the cause?

The person who tweeted the "code red" thing about one of the boys yesterday retracted it, so that's good.

I've been watching for an official statement to confirm the report that they were bringing the boys out weakest-first. Anybody seen anything official on that? As far as I know it's still in the realm of an unconfirmed report at this point.

Anybody know if they are going to do or have done an autopsy on the SEAL that died to understand the cause?

I also have not seen official confirmation but preponderance of media say the sequence was changed to weakest first.

Navy Seal statement (initial) indicated autopsy would be done and body went first to Naval Hospital where I assume it was. No official reports on result of autopsy.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Jesus shut up <deleted>. What the hell do you know.

Who knows what the truth is with so much of this operation over the last 24 hours.  About the only thing people agree on is the number of boys who have come out.  But who they are we're not sure.  Whether it was the weakest or strongest (or tallest or shortest or.......) who came out.  Their respective health / condition.  Whether their parents know who is out.  Etc.  Etc.  Pretty much everything that has been said by one network has been contradicted by another.  It's hard to know what's really going on!

18 minutes ago, jerry921 said:

I have not seen an official statement re strongest or weakest came out first. the preponderance of media say there was a change in plan leading to sending out the weakest, but this is not confirmed.

Re the deceased diver, initial official statements made clear autopsy and full investigation planned by the Navy. the body went to Naval hospital first before released ti the family so I assume the autopsy was done. No reports on findings as of yet.

Archived