Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 July 2019 01:22

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

First two boys RESCUED from Tham Luang cave -

Recommended Posts

First two boys RESCUED from Tham Luang cave 

 

Scroll down for most recent updates

 

2018-07-08T045608Z_1_LYNXMPEE67064_RTROPTP_4_THAILAND-ACCIDENT-CAVE.JPG

Ambulances are seen outside the Tham Luang cave complex after Thailand's government instructed members of the media to move out urgently, in the northern province of Chiang Rai,Thailand, July 8, 2018. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu

 

The first two boys have been rescue from Tham Luang cave, Thai media has confirmed.

 

The first boy walked out of the cave at 5.37pm, before the second walked from the cave 10 minutes later.

 

Straits Times reports three boys have now left the cave safely.

 

Reports on Thai news sites Khoasod and Daily News say the boys are in a field hospital and are about to be transferred by by helicopter to Chiang Rai hospital.

 

CORRECTION: Spring News reports that a third boy has exited the cave.

 

An official statement on the rescue mission is due at 9pm local time.

 

 

19.20:

 

First two of Thai soccer team rescued from cave, official says

 

BANGKOK (Reuters) - The first two members of a Thai schoolboy soccer team have been rescued from the flooded cave where they had been trapped for more than two weeks, a local rescue official said on Sunday.

 

Authorities in northern Chiang Rai province began the dangerous mission to bring out the 12 boys and their coach earlier on Sunday.

 

"Two kids are out. They are currently at the field hospital near the cave," said Tossathep Boonthong, chief of Chiang Rai's health department and part of the rescue team.

 

"We are giving them a physical examination. They have not been moved to Chiang Rai hospital yet," Tossathep told Reuters.

 

(Reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat; Writing by Matthew Tostevin; Editing by Alex Richardson)

 

 
reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-07-08

 

 

 

19.32: Unconfirmed reports say two boys are already at hospital, and two more are being examined in the field hospital at the cave.

 

19.32: AFP confirms four boys have left the cave

 

19.36: Thai news site Spring News is starting to report the identities of the first boy rescued, however officials have not yet named those who have exited the cave

 

19.40: Photos: An ambulance and military helicopter believed to be carrying rescued schoolboys seen near Tham Luang cave complex in the northern province of Chiang Rai, Thailand, July 8, 2018. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

 

THIS.JPGTHIS-1.JPG

 

 

19.49: 

 

 

 

 

19.54 - Thai Navy SEAL confirm 4 boys have left the cave

 

19.57: Sky news in the UK and Amarin News in Thailand report SIX boys out of the cave

 

 

 

 

19.58:

 

Six boys have exited Thai cave - senior member of rescue team

 

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Six boys have exited a flooded cave in northern Thailand where they have been trapped for more than two weeks, a senior member of rescue operation's medical team said on Sunday.

 

Authorities in northern Chiang Rai province began the dangerous mission to bring out the 12 boys and their soccer coach earlier on Sunday.

 

(Reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat; Writing by Amy Sawitta Lefevre; Editing by Alex Richardson)

 

 
reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-07-08
 
 
20:05 - Khaosod English live broadcast:
 

 

 

20:06 - Nation reports on the identity of the first boy to leave the cave

 

 

‘Mark’, 14, first the emerge from cave

 

MARK.jpeg

 

The first Mu Pa Academy footballer rescued from the Chiang Rai cave has been identified as Mongkhon Bunpiem, 14.


He emerged from Tham Luang Cave at 5.10pm and was examined at a field hospital before boarding an ambulance to an airfield for the helicopter ride to Chiang Rai Prachanukraw Hospital.

 

Mongkhon, whose nickname is Mark, is a football academy trainee whose played since childhood and tends to wear football jerseys all the time. His favourite team is Muangthong United of the Thai Premier League.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30349602

 

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-08

 

 

 

20.14 - President Trump tweets about Tham Luang rescue mission

 

 

 

 

20.51 - BBC footage of ambulance leaving cave

 

 

 

 

 

21.15- WATCH: Video reveals moment two Tham Luang cave boys taken into medevac helicopter

 

 

 

21.15 - UPDATE - Chiang Rai governor tells media only four boys have been extracted from the cave so far.

 

And that the other boys are likely to remain in the cave this evening.

 

More info: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1047117-update-four-boys-have-left-the-cave-so-far-chiang-rai-governor/

 

 

 

 

We'll update this post with more info as we get it.

 

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-08
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge kudos and respect to the divers who managed with the feat of getting them out through such a difficult dive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eligius said:

Great, great, great! Wonderful news!

2nd that one for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Great news!!

Holding our collective breath for the rest of the boys and Coach

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A wonderful result... fingers crossed on the continued success of the rescue efforts of all concerned & Kudos to international collaboration - its warming to see the rest of the world come and help and reminds us of our humanity. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto all the above..

Well done, and let's hope the rest soon follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Topdoc said:

Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

Who? Is that the name of the rescuers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold on, guys. I very much hope it's true, but let's wait for some official confirmation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live on Australia news and they have quoted Thaivisa as breaking the news.  7 news Melbourne.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...