Pet Ferrets

i hope u seriously know how ot raise a ferret; btw , ferrets dont do well in hot/humid... they need high protein food; vaccinations like a dog; flea stuff (advantage) ; nails clipped; social time; kittylitter box; locked escape proof house; leash and colour.

bina

Do Thais or farangs keep ferrets as pets? Are pet ferrets available in Pattaya or Bangkok?

I've seen kids with a sort of raccoon as a pet. It's around the same shape and size as a ferret and can be very tame. I don't know what species it is, maybe other BMs would know more about this.

i hope u seriously know how ot raise a ferret; btw , ferrets dont do well in hot/humid... they need high protein food; vaccinations like a dog; flea stuff (advantage) ; nails clipped; social time; kittylitter box; locked escape proof house; leash and colour.

bina

Yes, I've had them for years. Do you have them in Thailand?

JJ park used to have legions of them at about 4,000 baht each but lately exotic animals have been sparse.

You've got a newbie here -- what and where is JJ Park?

Chatuchak Park in Bangkok is the home of the weekend market. Source of many unusual and exotic, as well as mundane pets. Many of them illegal, most of them ill.

JJ park used to have legions of them at about 4,000 baht each but lately exotic animals have been sparse.

You've got a newbie here -- what and where is JJ Park?

Chatuchak Park in Bangkok is the home of the weekend market. Source of many unusual and exotic, as well as mundane pets. Many of them illegal, most of them ill.

ShhhHuddDddDDDerrrrr. Got any other ideas?

There are pet magazines (in Thai) that you can look for in most major Thai language bookstores. There are different magazines for all sorts of different animals; breeders often advertise or are listed in these magazines.

bina

Other animals to kill.

• 3 weeks later...

How about a mongoose; it's a giant ferret that kills snakes!!

Not sure if they can be tamed. I see them sometimes running around near my house but never got very close.

If there are two of them are they 'mongeese'?