BANGKOK 20 February 2019 09:53
Dario

Amazon shipping to Thailand incredibly fast!

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

In fact, Amazon returns funds when they over estimate the import charges.

Yes, they are very good in this way.

Amazon has two Global Shipping Options... Global Shipping and  Expedited  Global Shipping.

I have used both and Global Shipping takes on the average 2 days more but cost is a lot less.

So if you can wait the extra few days you can save quite a bit. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I've ordered stuff on Amazon this way for at least 3 years now.

Ditto - for the past 5 years.  I have also rec'd a refund on the duties deposit at times.  Even if it covers a handlers charge in addition, to me it is worth it to avoid any customs aggravations.

Once I ordered from store in USA that used such a service to pay everything up front -- my package did get held up briefly in Bangkok when it was questioned by Customs.  DHL contacted me and asked if they were "samples" -  I sent additional info (copy of online order, etc., noting the clothing was for my own use) - it seems the shipping outfit had put "commercial" on the package.  Apparently my explanation and copy of order was sufficient as it was released and delivered a couple days later.

Edited by soisanuk

Ebay has a Global Shipping Program too, though in their case they don't refund you if the duties are less than expected. Recently bought a computer monitor from them, and it worked out cheaper than it would have been if available to buy in Thailand.

Well let's see what thursday brings. You don't have it yet.

I've read the "Sorry we don't ship to Thailand" message so many time that I've basically stop using Amazon other than to purchase Kindle books.  They have basically said they don't want the business of those residing in Thailand - fine with me. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thian said:

Well let's see what thursday brings. You don't have it yet.

No need to wait for the outcome until Thursday. I've been told by UPS that there is NO CHARGE whatsoever, I only will have to sign for receipts. That's it.

7 minutes ago, connda said:

I've read the "Sorry we don't ship to Thailand" message so many time that I've basically stop using Amazon other than to purchase Kindle books.  They have basically said they don't want the business of those residing in Thailand - fine with me. 

This is usually because of restrictions outside of their control, a lot of multi-nationals block sales out of region, Dell springs to mind for example.

• Like 2

Was this ordered from Amazon US or UK? 

Has anyone ordered a new Kindle from Amazon recently? The price on Lazada is much too high. Would appreciate any comments.

1 minute ago, fantom said:

Has anyone ordered a new Kindle from Amazon recently? The price on Lazada is much too high. Would appreciate any comments.

As an alternative, you can always use their Kindle for Mac or Kindle for PC software, which comes free. I've been using the former for several years and have some 1500 books in the Kindle cloud to which I have access as I choose on my MacBook Air.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Was this ordered from Amazon US or UK? 

US, Amazon.com.

48 minutes ago, connda said:

It's not Amazon, It's the manufacturer/seller who either has agreements with Thai Distributers or does not want to support their product here.

Amazon will ship many items to Thailand, but you need to read carefully as they state if the item can or cannot be returned. Again, this is the Seller or Manufacturer rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazon has had a call center in the Philippines for several years. If you have ever had an issue with a Kindle or Fire tablet and called Amazon it was handled by them. From the excellent English speaking CSA staff, you wouldn't guess it. Amazon probably has a shipping center there now also. They have shipping centers in India, Japan and China.