BANGKOK 20 March 2019 14:29
Dario

Amazon shipping to Thailand incredibly fast!

On 7/10/2018 at 4:44 PM, Berkshire said:

Bezos is number one...and by a significant margin.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/jeff-bezos/

Well, I'm happy for him, he really deserves it. When I looked in March when I ordered my first product ever from Amazon USA he was worth 112 billion US$. Only four months later it's a whopping 144+ billion. All his competitors are way, way behind Amazon. Another visionaire I admire is Elon Musk. The difference between the two is their product, Jeff has a broader buying audience than Elon. That is why Elon is often struggling financially, but he's to be admired. His Tesla car is a ground breaking invention, now all car companies are copying him. Copying is easy. When he came here just a few days ago, the Thai governmental people treated him like s**t, so did many of the TV bashers.

1 hour ago, Dario said:

When he [Musk] came here just a few days ago, the Thai governmental people treated him like s**t, so did many of the TV bashers.

While the useless bashers are a normal part of threads here, the government treatment should be a wakeup call on what Elon will have to deal with here. I am happy for Bezos and Musk. As this thread attests, Bezos positively touches many in Thailand. And Elon did his very best and hats off to him too.

• Like 1

Kindle PaperWhite latest version 5000 baht includes Kindle cover - New in the box not registered. 2 available just arrived from USA Amazon. 

kindle1.jpg

kindle cover.jpg

13 hours ago, cmrichsw said:

Kindle PaperWhite latest version 5000 baht includes Kindle cover - New in the box not registered. 2 available just arrived from USA Amazon.

You bought a Kindle from Amazon already, with their Prime Day Amazon tech hardware specials due to start this coming week???  On the 16th U.S. time...

241124498_2018-07-1422_19_01.jpg.c2ba0572327d7faad77c3c1c6db0f87e.jpg

Here's the regular price from Amazon. Bet it's on substantial discount in a couple of days, at least for Amazon Prime members.

1553708962_2018-07-1422_23_26.jpg.566c33591fcce259c41014352233feea.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 7/10/2018 at 4:44 PM, Berkshire said:

Bezos is number one...and by a significant margin.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/jeff-bezos/

Swiss tabloid BLICK notes in today's issue that Bloomberg reported on Tuesday that Bezos' net worth has again increased to a staggering 151 billion US dollars.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:17 PM, LomSak27 said:
On 7/9/2018 at 5:02 PM, Suradit69 said:

f the same thing can be sent though the post office you may or may not charged customs duty and, if you are, it is almost always a good deal less than the shippers decide you should pay.

It pays not to burn all your bridges, but that also means quid pro quo on your part. I just purchased some items on amazon - should arrive on July 12  (in US) according to their latest update. They will then be repackaged and sent to me with a "happy birthday" note on the package.

I do not ship expensive items but so far they have always went direct and no duty charged..

The repackaged items arrived last week at my condo when I was gone. Express air in the regular mail. Note to pick up when I got back. No customs or duties just strait to residence. 

If someone can do that for you,  it works great. Never had customs stick their paws in.

Never bought from Amazon before.

I am looking for a cheap laptop with i7 processor.  Can you recommend someone that uses the global shipping or whatever it is so I pay customs up front ?   So it should only be 7% VAT on laptops right ?

On 7/9/2018 at 2:08 PM, Jeffrey346 said:

Amazon has two Global Shipping Options... Global Shipping and  Expedited  Global Shipping.

When I try to order I only see Expedited Global Shipping and Priority Shipping . So the cheapest option is not available ? 

59 minutes ago, balo said:

When I try to order I only see Expedited Global Shipping and Priority Shipping . So the cheapest option is not available ? 

It should be on the payment page. Look carefully the option is sort of in the middle of the page slightly to the right.

8 hours ago, balo said:

Never bought from Amazon before.

I am looking for a cheap laptop with i7 processor.  Can you recommend someone that uses the global shipping or whatever it is so I pay customs up front ?   So it should only be 7% VAT on laptops right ?

That's correct. No duty on computers/notebooks.. Just VAT.

• Like 1

I read the beginning of this topic a while ago and was skeptical.  But since then I have placed two orders with Amazon using their global priority shipping, and yes, it was very fast and the shipments arrived directly to my condo in BKK with all duties paid.  Shipping costs were very reasonable given the distance and the speed.  Shipping was by DHL.  Customs duties (which Amazon calculates at shipping) were also reasonable, I think. 

Not everything on Amazon can be shipped to Thailand using their global shipping.  When you go to checkout and select the shipping option, it will tell you if some items cannot be shipped here. 

For things you can buy here in Thailand, I don't think you save much money in the end.  I checked a few electronic and clothing items in stores here, and it seemed to me that Amazon base price + global shipping + duties pretty much equals retail price here.  But, for things you can't find here, it's a very good deal.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 8:55 AM, cmrichsw said:

kindle1.jpg

kindle cover.jpg

New supply available 8/17/18 same price 5000 baht includes Kindle cover all duty fees and taxes. Only 2 left in our Thailand stock.