Best IPTV and VPN speeds

oporhatch

Although this topic is covered many times, I have returned to Thailand and find that the answers tend to change over time the same as the Technology.

What is the best VPN to use for download speeds in Thailand .  I have used Cyberghost and currently Xpress VPN - but have read that IPvanish 

maybe better . I was also looking at NORDVPN. This is for a Fire stick generation 3 device 

From an IPTV  - I have all the usual Apps (modro etc), but I like something that should give a consistent service. IN the past  I have used PRIMEHD.tv, due to its

flexibility in purchase packages. Is this still ok ? or are there better ones ?

Another couple of questions is the HDPRIME.TV andriod App any good ?? or is it best to access it straight the through the internet search engine -  if so whats the best search engine for Firestick .

Personally I find everything I currently have  is satisfactory  except 'free flowing - non stick'...........UK sports channels 

It partly depends upon what you'll be using the internet for and what type of internet connection that you'll have, but if you have a fibre internet connection the VPN's that you mentioned plus PIA should all be fast enough that you won't notice that the they are connecting except when running speed tests.  With PIA on AIS Fibre, I typically get speeds around 20 to 35 Mbps to the US and that's about 4 to 7 times faster than what I have any need for.  Disconnect the VPN and it might be marginally faster than that to the US and triple that speed within Thailand but that added speed doesn't improve the quality of my online experience.

Thanks for that info -  actually see a considerable drop when using a VPN to the UK

I did a speed test and it showed 50 Mpbs -  but this was then reduced to 18 mbps when attaching to the UK through a VPN.

These speeds are fine  -  but I was looking to improve them if possible...as you do

regards

Richard   

58 minutes ago, oporhatch said:

Thanks for that info -  actually see a considerable drop when using a VPN to the UK

I did a speed test and it showed 50 Mpbs -  but this was then reduced to 18 mbps when attaching to the UK through a VPN.

These speeds are fine  -  but I was looking to improve them if possible...as you do

regards

Richard   

Just out of curiosity I just ran speedtest.net 3 times connecting to a speedtest server in London with and without a VPN.  These are the up/down speeds that I got.  This was ussing a wired connection to a PC instead of wifi, and using AIS Fibre’s 100/40 internet package; the VPN is PIA:

No VPN:
Test 1:  62.76 down, 17.30 up
Test 2:  55.10 down, 19.07 up
Test 3:  66.26 down, 19.01 up

While Connected to PIA VPN server in London:
Test 1:  64.94 down, 17.85 up
Test 2:  75.66 down, 17.88 up
Test 3:  61.06 down, 17.78 up

Some argue that speedtest.net isn’t realistic because it’s multithreaded and they are probably right, but those are the speeds that I’m getting by that metric as of about 10 minutes ago.  

Also, the speeds to the US that I mentioned in my previous post were from memory, not form recently run tests.  They might be higher now.

•  
  • 45 posts#1

What is the best VPN to use for download speeds in Thailand .  I have used Cyberghost and currently Xpress VPN - but have read that IPvanish maybe better . I was also looking at NORDVPN.

From an IPTV  - I have all the usual Apps (modro etc), but I like something that should give a consistent service. IN the past  I have used PRIMEHD.tv, due to its flexibility in purchase packages. Is this still ok ?

Another couple of questions is the HDPRIME.TV andriod App any good ?? or is it best to access it straight the through the internet search engine

The HDPRIME app is so poor it is not worth using. Simply go direct to the website and log-in there. I gave up on my android box a long time ago.

I have to disconnect my VPN (Zenmate) when accessing HDPRIME.

I use TUNNELBEAR on my Ipad Pro to access without any problems.

I use pureVPN it’s like $70 for 5 years. When i first started using it it was great then when windows did a big update a couple of months ago it had a conflict with windows and could not access the internet. I guess they fixed it and i’ve Just started using it again but it’s now incredibly slow. Still works but it’s slow and i’m Not sure if it’s the VPN or my internet provider AIS as AIS has recently been blocking some of my traditional streaming sites for example my Real debrid links no longer work with AIS but they do when I use them through the VPN. 

5 hours ago, AJBangkok said:

I use pureVPN it’s like $70 for 5 years. When i first started using it it was great then when windows did a big update a couple of months ago it had a conflict with windows and could not access the internet. I guess they fixed it and i’ve Just started using it again but it’s now incredibly slow. Still works but it’s slow and i’m Not sure if it’s the VPN or my internet provider AIS as AIS has recently been blocking some of my traditional streaming sites for example my Real debrid links no longer work with AIS but they do when I use them through the VPN. 

Agreed, Even I even used PureVPN, and it is a good VPN one can have. If you ask me about a budget-friendly best VPN with all the services and features, then I might suggest you get PureVPN. Though I heard a long time ago that it has logs keeping "thing", but after confirming with the sources and with the people who're using VPN in my vicinity, came to know that they do not keep any logs. Speed crop is also reasonable. Not like other VPNs who crop almost half of the speed of your internet. One problem that I faced recently that sometimes you select a country, it goes on connecting and then it came back to the main screen. I contacted the chat support and I got my queries fixed.

Archived