‘Brave and talented people!’ Trump tweets of cave rescue

webfact

18 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Then send them all  back home over the boarder. :thumbsup:

The response I would expect from someone who writes "boarder". MAGA, right dude?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gudge said:

There is definitely a lot of morons on TVF.  Trump tweeted that they are working closely with the Thai government and praised the operation and morons have to get in there 2 cents worth to bad mouth him. This is about the rescue operation, not time to shoot your mouth off about trump .

I haven't seen any tweets or claims by the UK government that the British teams are the best and have rescued all the boys.

They will probably say thanks to ALL the teams when it is over and everybody is out and safe. They won't make the claim that the Brits did it all with some help from the Thais.

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I haven't seen any tweets or claims by the UK government that the British teams are the best and have rescued all the boys.

They will probably say thanks to ALL the teams when it is over and everybody is out and safe. They won't make the claim that the Brits did it all with some help from the Thais.

Maybe Ms. May doesn't like to tweet? The US prez does. Get over it.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 6.57.37 PM.png

57 minutes ago, Pinot said:

If Thailand can get children out of caves and reunited with their parents, the U.S. should be able to get children out of cages and reunited with their families.

let them walk for an hour in that 50c desert heat, and those dates will look pretty comfy.  Maybe if there weren't several hundred thousand gaming the amnesty system, it would be more straightforward.  Aren't you glad Immigration are so lenient here?

5 hours ago, Gudge said:

There is definitely a lot of morons on TVF.  Trump tweeted that they are working closely with the Thai government and praised the operation and morons have to get in there 2 cents worth to bad mouth him. This is about the rescue operation, not time to shoot your mouth off about trump .

Trump is nuts...the world doesn't need him 1 little bit......lets hear it for the Star Spangle Banner.....and in the meantime, let the kids go, that the us has separated from their families to be back with their folks, like what these brave cave rescuers are trying to achieve!

He's a 1st class whacko!

Trump is nuts...the world doesn't need him 1 little bit......lets hear it for the Star Spangle Banner.....and in the meantime, let the kids go, that the us has separated from their families to be back with their folks, like what these brave cave rescuers are trying to achieve!
He's a 1st class whacko!
Well the good news I suppose in this case is that this particular tweet though representative of his overall bombastic derangement is basically harmless.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, seminomadic said:

Maybe Ms. May doesn't like to tweet? The US prez does. Get over it.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 6.57.37 PM.png

Get over what?

Trump is the POTUS.

National leaders don't tweet like silly schoolgirls who have no idea what they are talking about. They listen, consult and make a statement after considering the ramifications.

Nor do they change their minds after a day of bad reviews.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/idiot

idiotnoun [ C ] 
UK  /ˈɪd.i.ət/ US  /ˈɪd.i.ət/

B2 a stupid person or someone who is behaving in a stupid way:

Some idiot left the tap running in the bathroom and there's water everywhere.
[ as form of address ] You stupid idiot - that's a month's work you've lost!

More examples

Applies to Trump and to many posters who cannot take criticism.

I doubt if this particular tweet actually originated from Donald, it seems more like a standard white house acknowledgement of the rescue.

There was a report on Tv last year about the presidents twitters. It stated that there was an office in the White House where five members of staff went through the twitters he had composed that day, then edited the ones chosen to be posted. Unfortunately they were unable to stop him going ballistic with messages he concocted later on in the day!

It is true that he doesn't "write" all his tweets. It's also been reported that because that is well confirmed sometimes the ghost tweeters add "trump" style bizarre typos and/or totally incorrect words or grammar into the text to try to convince people that they're really his.

This particular tweet isn't a particularly extreme example of the genre but on the other hand, by doing it at all, and you've got to admit the TONE and emphasis on the U.S. was kind of off, he's got us talking about him and his tweets, not the cave rescue. That's how he rolls. He demands to be the top news story in the world, day in and day out. 

8 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Got that right. 

They could announce that Trump found a cure for Cancer and some folks who have severe TDS will still castigate him. 

Yes, because that's very likely to happen! I can see the Donald down in the lab, carefully titrating different potential compounds into the petri dishes...

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's not that.

It's that he ALWAYS finds a way to make EVERYTHING in the world about HIM.

Positive attention, negative attention, it doesn't matter to him as long as the most attention (ratings) is about him. 

That is totally obnoxious.

He KNOWS that much of the world is focused on the rescue of the boys in the cave.

He can't have that.

He needs to suck the ATTENTION back to himself.

That is a SICKNESS. 

No question he almost always does what you say in your post. But he didn't do it in this case. I think people are reacting the way they are because it has become an automatic response.

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

From the OP, my bold.

And yet The Donald waits until now to tweet. As others note, wait until it's looking good then get in on the act.

If it goes wrong there will be "thoughts and prayers" of course.

Believe me, you wouldn't want to have seen what he might have tweeted before things started looking more positive.

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It is true that he doesn't "write" all his tweets. It's also been reported that because that is well confirmed sometimes the ghost tweeters add "trump" style bizarre typos and/or totally incorrect words or grammar into the text to try to convince people that they're really his.

This particular tweet isn't a particularly extreme example of the genre but on the other hand, by doing it at all, and you've got to admit the TONE and emphasis on the U.S. was kind of off, he's got us talking about him and his tweets, not the cave rescue. That's how he rolls. He demands to be the top news story in the world, day in and day out. 

That's how internet people roll. There is absolutely nothing newsworthy about this but people will still talk about it anyway which is good for selling advertising space.

8 hours ago, Gudge said:

This is about the rescue operation, not time to shoot your mouth off about trump .

This is precisely the thread to do it, in relation to his input. None of the other rescue threads are. 

10 hours ago, DoctorG said:

There are some very sad people here on TVF.

Lots of folks with TDS. Seems to be the same folks who whinge about everything....

11 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Lots of folks with TDS. Seems to be the same folks who whinge about everything....

Welcome to the Forum. Just a small hint to help you get started - if you are a Russian disinformation spreader, it's probably better not to use a Russian name as your handle. Try something that sounds Middle American, it will appear less obvious.

I have never seen so much TDS on TVF. I have always suspected insanity, BUT.... Trump Derangement Syndrome is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason.

Logic has always been a weak point with some on TVF.

5 minutes ago, djjamie said:

I have never seen so much TDS on TVF. I have always suspected insanity, BUT.... Trump Derangement Syndrome is a mental condition in which a person has been driven effectively insane due to their dislike of Donald Trump, to the point at which they will abandon all logic and reason.

Logic has always been a weak point with some on TVF.

You're ignoring the fact that he poses a real threat to the world. Being aware of that is not a syndrome. It's basically paying attention to what's going on. 

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're ignoring the fact that he poses a real threat to the world. Being aware of that is not a syndrome. It's basically paying attention to what's going on. 

Baht buses are the real threat.

17 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Welcome to the Forum. Just a small hint to help you get started - if you are a Russian disinformation spreader, it's probably better not to use a Russian name as your handle. Try something that sounds Middle American, it will appear less obvious.

Like Hank or Jethro?

9 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Oh I see you think I'm in Russia or a Russian. 555. How quaint. 

Could be another sad case of TNS. "trump" Normalization Syndrome. It's insidious. It comes on like a frog being slowly boiled in water.

The dangerous fantasy behind Trump’s normalisation

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/15/dangerous-fantasy-donald-trump-normalisation-us-president-elect-barbarism

Perhaps even more on point --

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-persistence-of-trump-derangement-syndrome

"The problem is that it refuses to see, or to entirely register, the actual nature of Trump and his actions. Our problem is not Trump Derangement Syndrome; our problem is Deranged Trump Self-Delusion. This is the habit of willfully substituting, as a motive for Trump’s latest action, a conventional political or geostrategic ambition, rather than recognizing the action as the daily spasm of narcissistic gratification and episodic vanity that it truly is."

Well they could have had Hillary? A lot of big words and acronyms being used. Its easy to use this jargon then to explain what you really mean. It just sounds bitter or abusive speech or piece of writing, best described as diatribe or dribble. It doesn't add to the discussion but reflects the writers hatred. That is easy to do, but to have a conversation that is an art.

Archived