DEATH ISLAND RIDDLE:  Koh Tao mystery deepens as ‘healthy’ dad becomes TENTH Westerner to die in suspicious circumstances

webfact

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Thank you. So let's hear some 'strong argument' that the demise of the late H. Bernd was the result of foul play other than might have could have possibly maybe.

Without any evidence, there's no chance of a "strong argument" either way.

It's 'just' another suspicious death on the island.

I don't understand why a knowledgeable snake handler didn't rush immediately to the hospital for anti-venom, after he was bitten by the snake?

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Without any evidence, there's no chance of a "strong argument" either way.

It's 'just' another suspicious death on the island.

I don't understand why a knowledgeable snake handler didn't rush immediately to the hospital for anti-venom, after he was bitten by the snake?

the King Cobra is not a native snake to the island, so there isnt any anti venom, pretty sure he was fullly aware of this, hence the call to his sister.

3 hours ago, frank83628 said:

the King Cobra is not a native snake to the island, so there isnt any anti venom, pretty sure he was fullly aware of this, hence the call to his sister.

I find that hard to believe, given their presence on neibouring islands in line on sight.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, cornishcarlos said:

I worked on KT in 2001 and from what I saw then, your comment is very likely true.... It's a lawless little place...

I visited around that time and it seemed nice enough. 10 years later when I passed by on the way to Phangan every possible boulder had a building on it, and I never went back.

Sure but from the linked 'Sun' article he had already left:

Bernd, a wealthy entrepreneur, moved to the island two decades ago, buying two properties and building up a motorbike rental business.

But he left in 2016 after becoming frustrated with the corruption and hostility towards foreign business owners.

He started another business in neighbouring island Koh Phayam before returning in March to "tie up loose ends".

Koh Phayam is near Ranong in the andaman sea, Koh Phangan is near Koh Tao. Just saing ...

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Suspicious investigation again?

Like for the case of the two British murdered, they had a suspect straight away, the son of the owner of AC but he said he cannot join is son by phone and the son appeared a week later with a video showing him in Bangkok at the time of the crime!?

So Thai police don't know how about geolocation of a phone?this guy was on koh tao or not, just ask the phone company!

This latest mystery emerging from Koh Tao will do nothing to improve confidence for tourists considering this island as a holiday destination.

You'd think the folks in charge would want to clear up the confusion if a snake happened to be the killer.

Procrastination helps no one.

The Thai authorities kept it quiet as usual. The German media first produced the article and  the family only spoke to media after some of their own investigations ie speaking to German police , can not believe people still go to death island! Even more unbelievable are the apologists on here like Frank (no doubt a diver on Kt)!

On 7/10/2018 at 3:52 AM, JLCrab said:

Why? Because I lived through the 'Son of Sam' serial murders in New York City 1976-77 when a city of millions of people were scared silly to go outside at night lest they get their heads blown off with a high-powered hand gun. Anyone who lived through anything like that knows that what is called 'serial killings' here is a mockery to anyone who lived through the real thing.

So one could say you went from Son of Sam to the sun of Siam ?

3 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

Does anyone else get the impression that Bernd Grotsch's death is being swept under the carpet? 

No, it's only you. 

On 7/25/2018 at 8:25 PM, evadgib said:

Yet your SN suggests Patters and your location is given as Phuket..?

Image result for the saint

Classic Roger Moore at a moment of high drama - both eyebrows twitching!

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

Koh Tao operates outside of Thai law. The island does what it likes and the local families there who control everything are simply the descendants of coconut pickers and pirates.

I imagine all the local inhabitants of the  southern islands are descendants of coconut pickers or fishermen. After all what jobs were there on the islands pre-tourism?  No doubt there were pirates too but I doubt that was restricted to only Koh Tao.

Archived