DEATH ISLAND RIDDLE:  Koh Tao mystery deepens as ‘healthy’ dad becomes TENTH Westerner to die in suspicious circumstances

webfact

That's a bit hypocritical don't you think? Also I know exactly who you think I am. 

If you look at old forums somebody posted your name!

You post every time an incident happens on Koh Tao.  You do not need to be Columbo to conclude you are a diver on Koh Tao.

I am in Bangkok trying to arrange a meeting with the German Embassy , would you be willing to join? I think they would want to speak to you as you seem to have so much information. 

Perhaps you can clear things up ?

This death is very much active, it is not going away easily.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the little man's takeover, the country went continuously down the drain. And the brakes have, of course, a failure, as usual. 

It's clear to me that he didn't die of a heart attack, reading between the lines, his ex, some business "partners", or similar just didn't want to see him again, that easy. A life is cheap. RIP< it's really sad that it happened again. 

Time to congratulate the guy for his heroic achievements. That Thais now call for cops just because some foreigners want to enjoy the beach is insane. Watching the film doesn't show any wrongdoers, only people who see something wrong with it have a problem. Look at the majority of Thais when they go swimming, in jeans and a shirt, that says it all. 

They even told the two girls in their bikinis to get dressed. Unbelievable what goes on right now, the "Outlaw Foreigners." Why do some Thai people have a problem with tourists in bikinis? Most had to save money for quite a long time for their "dream holiday" in a country where playing dart is considered a crime. 

Time to look for greener pastures, methinks. 

'Mothers against murderers abroad' and APPG. (All Party Parliamentary Group)  in London. 

We recently attended a meeting at House of Commons with MP's and families of loved ones lost.  (July 18th)

Do you want the committee secretary's phone number if you want to help?

It is not exclusive to Thailand or British deaths

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

I just don't understand that some girls still go there. Do they think that so many people make things up? 

Me neither.  I was there with my wife and two nieces.  There are tales I could tell about the intentions to seduce one or either but lets leave it there because fortunately, nothing violent happened.    But there were some stange undercurrents running while we were there, and not in the ocean.

Just now, The Deerhunter said:

Me neither.  I was there with my wife and two nieces.  There are tales I could tell about the intentions to seduce one or either but lets leave it there because fortunately, nothing violent happened.    But there were some stange undercurrents running while we were there, and not in the ocean.

I would guess thousands of young tourists go there for 2 reasons. The diving and the partying. No doubt word of mouth and the internet spreads the word. The pub crawls on the island seem to be particularly popular.

These young folks are not going to be put off by an article every 6 months or so in a rag such as The Sun claiming a 'suspicious' death.

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

I would guess thousands of young tourists go there for 2 reasons. The diving and the partying. No doubt word of mouth and the internet spreads the word. The pub crawls on the island seem to be particularly popular.

These young folks are not going to be put off by an article every 6 months or so in a rag such as The Sun claiming a 'suspicious' death.

They all think they are bulletproof at that age and the partying is all-important, especially if it is spiced with a bit of danger which will of course "never happen to them."  I have zero plans to vist there again in the future.  The hills were killing my knees on all those steep, rocky walking tracks (no roads or transport in some places); apart from anything else.

1 minute ago, The Deerhunter said:

They all think they are bulletproof at that age and the partying is all-important, especially if it is spiced with a bit of danger which will of course "never happen to them."

Still, the "laughing gas trip" could easily turn out into a total horror trip for young people. And these people seem to know that they're a sort of untouchable. Protected by .........*(fill in the blanks) 

Do they have regular meetings and conferences with the FCO attending on a multitude of things?

You are clutching at straws now!

I suggest you research this more try APPG  and Mothers against Murderers Abroad.

Koh Tao and Thailand is top of the agenda and very active right now

From the GOV.UK website:

Get help if you're a victim of crime abroad

(How the embassy, commission or consulate can help)

They won’t be able to:

- give you legal advice
- collect evidence or investigate crimes
- influence the outcome of any trial

The  MAMA in the UK was started by Pat Harrington who lost her son under suspicious circumstances and the MP Crispin Blunt.

Hannah Bardell MP (SNP) is Chair of APPG 'Deaths broad in suspicious circumstances and consular services'.

It is not only deaths in Thailand.

From Facebook:

As the Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Deaths abroad and Consular Services, I’m in the House of Commons today hearing from 5 families who have lost loved ones abroad in suspicious circumstances.

Over the coming weeks and months we will be taking evidence from a number of families and people affected by a death abroad, including families from my own constituency.

Once we have collated the evidence we hope to use it to inform our work and get the UK Government and Foreign and Commonwealth office to change and improve the way they give support.

It has been the tragic and untimely deaths of my constituents #JuliePearsonand #KirstyMaxwell that have led my team and I to this point.

We cannot promise change, but we’re going to try damn hard.

As the actress Emma Watson once said;

“I don’t want fear of failure to stop me doing what I really care about.”

From Daily Mail 9 APR 2018:

Many parents have now joined forces with other families whose children have died while backpacking around Thailand. Their group, called Mothers Against Murderers Abroad (MAMA), urges the British Government to investigate these deaths and to publicise the dangers of travelling to Thailand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5596423/Murders-rapes-60-unexplained-deaths-Brits-Thailand-just-two-years.html

Yes and if you read that report the consensus is that no UK authority can investigate a death of a UK citizen in another country unless the authorities in that other country invite the UK officials to participate in an investigation. What is recommended is that the FCO do more to get other countries to do so.

More countries need to put pressure on the Thai Government, as well as others.

They invited divers to assist with the cave rescue, so why not deaths?

If the latest death is not suspicious why are they withholding so much information?

Surely they would want to prove no foul play here as soon as possible.

25 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

Surely they would want to prove no foul play here as soon as possible.

Proving a negative is often a difficult task and sometimes a no win. If the final results are inconclusive, there may still be those parents or family who say that the Thai government is still hiding something because they know that their son / daughter was really murdered.

I agree , its very difficult but they do not seem to want to resolve many cases.

It does not help with the conspiracy theorists on both sides like a snake bite or serial killer this only sways the families assumptions.

Maybe if they did invite foreign authorities to help they would trust the results.

It would not necessary have to be a foreign police force on every death that would be far fetched, with this latest death why was the embassy not immediately informed?

They let the British police observe only on the double murders after David Cameron requested. If they were allowed access to all information and to investigate fully I am sure the case would be over by now.

The Thai police are corrupt I don't think anybody would deny that, also they do not have the resources or technology.

If the government was serious they would reform the force and ask for assistance.

Too many cases have been a complete shambles.

Many are saying this one was a snake bite due to his hobby, if so there would be bite marks and toxins in the blood, they could have easily proved this with a member from the German embassy on the scene that could confirm it.

With so many incidents on the island you would think they would want help.

I remember a case in Spain years ago of a serial killer, the Spanish worked closely with other authorities , they solved the case , it turned out to be a British citizen (Tony King).

Expats then were saying it was a Spanish , Moroccan or Senegalese mad man.

The British police are often used in Spain.

That is why I think they do not want to solve this, making it suspicious.    

From the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations (1961) of which Thailand, UK, US, and Germany among other are signed parties:

Article 41
1.Without prejudice to their privileges and immunities, it is the duty of all persons enjoying such privileges and immunities to respect the laws and regulations of the receiving State. They also have a duty not to interfere in the internal affairs of that State.

... to which you want to say, never mind.

3 hours ago, jimmynewbie said:

It would not necessary have to be a foreign police force on every death   <snip>

Well gee I guess the RTP would be gratified to know that you don't think they have botched and made a shambles of EVERY suspicious death of a foreigner in Thailand.

'Too many cases have been a complete shambles' Not just foreign deaths, Thai deaths , rapes, road accidents...Or do you think they do a good job?

If you lost somebody here under suspicious circumstances I bet you would not have faith in them

Mexico asked for help with their war on drugs, many special forces including the SAS helped train their police and army fighting the biggest mafia cartels in the world.

Spain asked for help on the case i mentioned. Also wanted help  to 'clean' up Majorca

I guess the Thai police have too much to hide and too much face to save.

They can be invited as you posted too, I think this is as far as this conversation can go.

Yes I'm sure that's that's the reason the Thai RTP and other Thai agencies do not invite criminal investigators from multiple countries to come to Thailand and take over the investigations of the 'suspicious' deaths of their respective citizens while in Thailand after determining what is and what ain't suspicious.

Archived