Police Checkpoints Continue As Pattaya Police Begin To Win The Fight Against Crime

moo9

Police Checkpoints continue as Pattaya Police begin to win the fight against crime.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Sirichai organized a Police Parade in the car park of Pattaya Police Station on Friday Night to inform his officers that the Police Checkpoints which began before the New Year are to continue as the fight against crime continues. On this night checkpoints were set up in Soi Potisan in Naklua, Soi Bongkot in Central Pattaya, Soi Gopia in South Pattaya and Soi Watboon in Jomtien. These areas have been identified by Police as crime hotspots. We looked-in at two of the checkpoints and we are pleased to report that no arrests were made. These checkpoints are clearly having an effect as crime is reportedly down by as much as 50% from last year according to reports in the local media.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_03_02_50_3.htm

Good job, I hope they will continue like that!

Police Checkpoints continue as Pattaya Police begin to win the fight against crime.

We looked-in at two of the checkpoints and we are pleased to report that no arrests were made. These checkpoints are clearly having an effect as crime is reportedly down by as much as 50% from last year according to reports in the local media.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_03_02_50_3.htm

Good job, I hope they will continue like that!

No arrests made and crime down by 50%? :o Are they reading the same newspapers as the rest of us?

"according to reports in the local media". Huh? Don't the police keep records of reported crime then?

I hope they are correct as Pattaya has been getting far too much bad press recently. In addition to these static checkpoints they should consider regular foot patrols particularly in the tourist areas.