"Best" Chiang Mai Pharmacy ?

Kohsamida

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Yes - that's it to the left side.....Shotgun layout....That wall is lined about 9 ft high with meds as well as the display cases.....They also keep some in a room to the rear....

Quite heavily stocked.....

I tried every pharmacy from  the Hang Dong area market to inside town before I found what I wanted at this place (per recommendation).....

To the right side is their convenience store......

Thanks for this.  That's why I posted this thread; because as good as any pharmacy might be, they can't stock everything, so it's nice to have a "go to" list of places for hard to find or out of stock items.  While there might be a lot of pharmacies in town, many of them stock nothing more than the basics, have little Rx knowledge which can be a problem if you need advice, and only understand Thai which can be a problem if you can not.

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

If the thread is about the most knowledgeable pharmacist and not the price, then I would add to the list the guy who owns Green Pharma in KSK. I believe he is also a doctor. He has the customers sit down and he goes over what medications they are taking, checks for interactions and makes recommendations after a discussion with the customer. His English is perfect. He will also not sell meds if he thinks it is not necessary. About 10 years ago I took a friend there and after a discussion with the pharmacist, he walked with my friend into Tops and recommended a 40 Baht herb over any drug. He told my friend to take the herb for 30 days and have his blood checked again and then come see him. My friend said the blood test was lower than it had been in years.

It's a curious (and a good) thing how pharmacists in Thailand (and other countries I've travelled to like Costa Rica, for instance) can play a much bigger role in interacting with their customers on a healthcare level than pharmacists you usually encounter in more developed countries like the United States.  This probably is not true in the big chain stores like Boot's but it certainly seems to be in many of the single-proprietor shops.  My experience is that they do a pretty good job of it too.

1 minute ago, Kohsamida said:

It's a curious (and good) thing how pharmacists in Thailand (and other countries I've travelled to like Costa Rica, for instance) seem to play a bigger role in interacting with their customers on a healthcare level than pharmacists you usually encounter in more developed countries like the United States.  

When I was in Chile, I discovered that all pharmacists were also physicians and that everyone goes to the pharmacy for minor ailments and is checked by the pharmacist and treated there before going to a hospital. They also give vaccines and other injections. I believe the practice is the same in Paris and other large cities in France. In both, if the pharmacist determines further treatment is required, they order an ambulance and the patient is picked up at the pharmacy.

35 minutes ago, elektrified said:

When I was in Chile, I discovered that all pharmacists were also physicians and that everyone goes to the pharmacy for minor ailments and is checked by the pharmacist and treated there before going to a hospital. They also give vaccines and other injections. I believe the practice is the same in Paris and other large cities in France. In both, if the pharmacist determines further treatment is required, they order an ambulance and the patient is picked up at the pharmacy.

Yes, I had the same experience in Costa Rica.  I had emergency dental surgery due to a surfing accident.  It took about 3 hours in the chair, and when it was over the dentist said he wanted me to get an intravenous injection to control the pain for after the local wore off.  He took me across the street to the farmacia, bought the drug and syringe and then pointed me to the bathroom where the lady pharmacist gave me the shot.  When he saw the reaction on my face, he simply smiled and said, "This is Costa Rica, we do things a little different here".  It was pretty funny; I felt like a drug addict or something, shooting up in the bathroom!  ?

On 7/10/2018 at 8:59 PM, pgrahmm said:

No, not that one - but I moved the pin to just about where it is.....Largest selection of Rx I've seen here.... 

Plus it's the only place that had what I wanted....

Stopped here today looking for Vitamin D3.  I normally get the cholecalciferol form.  Pharmacist didn't have it but suggested alfacalcidol instead, claiming it was superior.  Not knowing myself, I accepted that.  After googling, turns out they seem to be correct!  Not bad. They seem to know their stuff.  And, it's produced inThailand so very cheap too.  I'm impressed! ?

Thanks for recommending them. 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, Kohsamida said:

Care to share who the one-man operation is?  I, and many others, probably wouldn't mind saving some baht ?

Apologies for late reply.Coming south down Hang Dong Rd from the city past Makro its about 200 m past the next 7/11 you come to on the left (50 m past the new gym)

A Pharmacy sign  (in Thai) is always out the front on the footpath when open which is almost always. The guys name is Ton.

Limited English but knows his medicines.

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Apologies for late reply.Coming south down Hang Dong Rd from the city past Makro its about 200 m past the next 7/11 you come to on the left (50 m past the new gym)

A Pharmacy sign  (in Thai) is always out the front on the footpath when open which is almost always. The guys name is Ton.

Limited English but knows his medicines.

Is this the same place where the guy is teaching others to be pharmacists?... Just past the new gym... If so you are right... And his prices are great!... Ibuprofen 600mg 10 for 30 baht!...

2108A511-B764-499A-8CCC-FE0C8D638225.png

Correction,correct place but the guys name is Non (typo before) I was there again today picking up sone medication he had on order.

He does have Chiang mai Uni students there doing work experience at times and they will want to talk to you and practice their English but he

is always there supervising.If in car you can park in front of driveway

Archived