Girlfriends first application

Just submitting my first application for the girlfriend ( uk visitor visa) Just want to make sure I’m on the right path so would be grateful for any help.

I thought the application would ask for more information about her circumstances to be honest but seems the onus is on to prove what they’re looking for

At the end of the application it asks if there’s any information you’d like to add, is this where we’d mention she has a daughter and a shop to return to and then back it up with the documents? I’ll be sponsoring the visit so is it still necessary for her to provide bank statements or will my own suffice?

Is it necessary to get a translation of her daughters birth certificate or anything like that?  

Sorry for the newb questions I have read around but thought the application may ask for a little more than it does but confused now how to go about adding the necessary information.  Im a bit wary an initial rejection will see her miss any chance of being here for what you might call summer!

I'll move your post into a new thread rather than hijacking another topic, which is already being dragged off topic.

Not wishing to be pedantic but you're not submitting your first application for your girlfriend, it's your girlfriend who is making an application for a visit visia and it's her that needs to satisfy the decision maker that her application is genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will leave the UK at the conclusion of her proposed trip.

The best way to supply additional evidence is at the end of the form where it asks for further evidence and with supporting letters from her and you, as her sponsor.

As you are supply financial support you should prove your ability to do so and explain why you're doing so.

Your girlfriend should supply details of her shop together with financial records, that might be considered a reason to return, her daughter not so much, she might wish to detail who would be taking care of her business during her short trip.

The guidance says that any supporting evidence not in English should be translated, it's up to her if she does so.

20 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I'll move your post into a new thread rather than hijacking another topic, which is already being dragged off topic.

Not wishing to be pedantic but you're not submitting your first application for your girlfriend, it's your girlfriend who is making an application for a visit visia and it's her that needs to satisfy the decision maker that her application is genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will leave the UK at the conclusion of her proposed trip.

The best way to supply additional evidence is at the end of the form where it asks for further evidence and with supporting letters from her and you, as her sponsor.

As you are supply financial support you should prove your ability to do so and explain why you're doing so.

Your girlfriend should supply details of her shop together with financial records, that might be considered a reason to return, her daughter not so much, she might wish to detail who would be taking care of her business during her short trip.

The guidance says that any supporting evidence not in English should be translated, it's up to her if she does so.

Thanks for your help.  Yes of course it’s her application but in practice it’s me having to walk her through it like most I suspect!

She has the lease for her shop but not the registration documents yet as she only acquired the shop recently. I’m not feeling too confident now that a lease in Thai and a Thai birth certificate for her daughter will be sufficient to prove she intends to go back?

• 9 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 4:03 PM, Harry kane said:

Thanks for your help.  Yes of course it’s her application but in practice it’s me having to walk her through it like most I suspect!

She has the lease for her shop but not the registration documents yet as she only acquired the shop recently. I’m not feeling too confident now that a lease in Thai and a Thai birth certificate for her daughter will be sufficient to prove she intends to go back?

Did you get the visa ? 

I suspect finding past threads about visas that were refused, and what if anything was done to address the refusal, may help you to understand what you need to provide.

I've just dug out the refusal letter from our first visitor visa application made in March 2013 and thought I'd share it with you so you don't make the same mistakes. Reasons given for refusal were:

1. She was unemployed and totally dependent on the money I sent to support her, but I failed to provide anything to show regular money transfers.

2. They were happy from the photos provided that we'd actually met, but I failed to provide evidence of the claimed daily communications in the form of chat logs from Facebook, Skype, Line.

3. I provided 'WorldSIM' phone bills showing regular calls, but the number didn't match the number I declared as my mobile number.

4. We'd mentioned visiting her aunt in the UK but gave no evidence of the aunt's immigration status or of her having knowledge of our visit.

In May 2013 we re-applied, going to great lengths to address all the points raised in the previous refusal. My letter of invitation referred back the the refusal and explained what steps we'd taken to address the concerns raised. These included:

1. Bank statements showing a fund transfer to Thailand and ATM withdrawals made whilst I was on holiday in Thailand, and Western Union transfer receipts. We also included her Bank statements showing receipt of these funds.

2. Screenshots of chat logs on Facebook (21 pages) with appropriate content showing dates to prove regular contact during 2 sample periods in Dec 2012 and Apr 2013, and an edited Skype log (11 pages down from 160 removing 99% of the text chat) showing call start, end and duration of video calls proving daily communication.

3. I explained that I used WorldSIM for cheap international calls, but that I retained my 'Orange' SIM for UK calls. I copied the SIM wallet to show the phone number, and screenshot the registration page showing it in my name.

4. I explained we wouldn't be staying with her aunt, merely visiting, and included an email from her welcoming a visit. I also copied her British passport.

While OldGit has pointed out that it is your girlfriends application not yours, of the supporting documentation we provided, 90% came from me with her providing only ID (passport, ID card and house book) and a bank statement. I, on the other hand, was listed as the source of evidence proving a genuine relationship (photos, phone bills, chat logs), financial support (bank statements, money transfer receipts), proof of finances to fund the trip (bank statements, wage slips, P60, mortgage statement with evidence of overpayment), the sponsors letter of invitation and a few other bits (quotes for return flights, quotes for travel insurance which in the end we didn't buy so a trip to the Doctor cost us in excess of £80 for a sore throat diagnosis).

Hope this is of some help to you and others trying to sort their first visit visas. I appreciate it's an old thread.

Garry

Archived