Surat Thani Governor visits 19 students injured in road accident

webfact

Surat Thani Governor visits 19 students injured in road accident

PNSOC610711001000401_11072018_083734.jpg

SURAT THANI, 11th July 2018 (NNT) - The Governor of Surat Thani, Witchawut Chinto, visited 19 students, aged between six and 11 years old, who were injured when their school van was hit by a car that swerved to avoid dogs fighting on the road in Na San district on Monday morning (July 9th). 

Fifteen of the children were being treated at Ban Na San Hospital in the southern province. Four others were referred to Surat Thani Hospital for treatment of head injuries. 

According to police, Wararee Thanyalaksanakul, aged 24, was driving a black Nissan March out of Na San municipality. She later swerved to avoid some dogs that were fighting in the middle of the four-lane road. The car then collided head-on with the blue school van, causing the van to overturn. The two vehicles, both registered in Bangkok, suffered major damage. 

The van driver, Sathit Ketnarai, 49, was taking the children from Wiang Sa district and outer areas of Na San district to schools in Na San municipality.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-11

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

their school van was hit by a car that swerved to avoid dogs fighting on the road

So, what is best? Shall I drive straight and risk to kill the two dogs, or will it be far better with a frontal collision with a minibus that carries 19 school children? I guess only a professional working at a mental hospital can explain that to the driver.

However, this is the result of placing the dogs over human lifes. I guess I will not even get a negative response from all the dog-lovers. Not even they can put 2 dogs before the safety and lifes of 19 school children.

11 minutes ago, Get Real said:

However, this is the result of placing the dogs over human lifes. I guess I will not even get a negative response from all the dog-lovers. Not even they can put 2 dogs before the safety and lifes of 19 school children.

I don't think she placed dogs over humans... Just a natural reaction to swerve, avoiding what was in her direct path.

The fact that she didn't have the driving skill/luck/foresight to avoid the oncoming van is a different topic ?

never swerve for Animals i was told when i emigrated from Uk to Australia,hit a roo and unless you have a big bull bar sure your car may be badly damaged,hit a gum tree or oncoming vehicle it is generally you who will end up badly damaged or dead. Needless to say i take the same approach here,Thai dog's seem particularly stupid too me sleeping on the road,fighting, even mating on it,surprised i don't see more squashed one's.

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I don't think she placed dogs over humans... Just a natural reaction to swerve, avoiding what was in her direct path.

The fact that she didn't have the driving skill/luck/foresight to avoid the oncoming van is a different topic ?

The natural reaction is to avoid hitting things, which means you also look in the direction you turn. How in the world could the fact that she didn´t manage to avoid the oncoming van be a different topic? I thought that was a reason for the accident to happen.

4 minutes ago, Get Real said:

The natural reaction is to avoid hitting things, which means you also look in the direction you turn. How in the world could the fact that she didn´t manage to avoid the oncoming van be a different topic? I thought that was a reason for the accident to happen.

She didn't avoid the oncoming van because Thais have no spatial awareness, no driving skills and therefore only look 20 yrds ahead of them...

Damn it, now look what you made me do.... I'll get another warning for Thai bashing ?

Not sure what a four lane road is in Thailand . If it is 4 lanes each way and the dogs are in the middle swerving left would have been the thing to do , no head on,  if it means 2 lanes each way same applies. You can only go left if the dogs are in the middle I think

So what does the insurance say? we don't pay because you should've ran over the dogs? When we were driving tucks in Australia we were told Run over Dogs /Cattle to Avoid an Accident If you Don't  and swerve to avoid the dogs /cattle and cause an accident the insurance Will Not Pay

14 hours ago, cookieqw said:

were seatbelts being used as that is the law

Can't have been wearing seatbelts as those "coffins on wheels" are only licenced to carry 12 people including driver. Are the police going to charge the van driver for overloading?  These vans were supposed to be outlawed in favour of proper mini-buses licenced to carry 20 people. C'mon Mr.P this was another one of your famous new road rules to contain the death toll on Thailand's roads your just lucky no one was killed

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:53 PM, cornishcarlos said:

She didn't avoid the oncoming van because Thais have no spatial awareness, no driving skills and therefore only look 20 yrds ahead of them...

Damn it, now look what you made me do.... I'll get another warning for Thai bashing ?

The best way to reduce Thai bashing, would be for Thais to stop providing all the reasons in the world to do so....

Archived