Sarasas School responsibility

Hi All, I have a sad story here, and I would have some comment or advise.

My 2 daughters (10 and 12 yo) in this period are living with the thai mother, since that we are in the process for the divorce: they both attend at the Sarasas Witaed Bang Bua Tong.  I was working in Chiang Mai until 2 weeks ago, and I been informed just last week by my younger daughter that the older one is not going to school for weeks.

Yesterday I have been at the school to ask information and ask about the school procedure in cases like that: I asked also a sort of certification or a written paper on a letterhead showing the dates that my daughter was absent (to be showed to the family judge): with my big surprise they refused to give me any sort of official documentation about the fact that my daughter was missing for weeks. I am seriously considering to move my daughters in other schools, but I don't know if the story that I just tell it's a rule in Thailand, or I can force the Sarasas to produce the document in some way.....

Thanks for the support.

My kids attend a different Sarasas school than yours, but I can imagine that the procedures are similar. In the case of our school, at the start of every school year (the first week) the children are given a form to bring home. There is one form per child. It collects the names of the parents, as well as any other guardians , the contact details, including work etc (optional). The last few years they even requested photos of child and parents.  This all gets added to the childs' records.

Since it seems from your post that your daughters are not living with you and you are going through a divorce, it may be safe to assume that you were not listed on the form as a parent/guardian at the start of the year. If that is the case it is completely reasonable for them to refuse to give you any information at all.

May I wrong, but I believe that they denied about their responsibility to inform/warn the parents, and in case of not adequate response to inform the Autorities (Social offices, family care offices, etc).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived