Another change for U.S. Citizens.

idman

4 hours ago, moontang said:

average us ss check is 1350...Thailand requires 1950...throw in the masses that are here because it is cheap....more than half the letters are bogus..bought my first home here in 2006...always some in a panic when their currency declines...just as many have to fudge numbers for the marriage extensions.  Saying your income is 2000, when you have 1600 in costs may not be making a false statement, but it obviously goes against the spirit of the rules....and is even shadier than four guys using the same deposit.

That's what the COMBINATION method is for.

So if your income is 1350 monthly simply show about 270K baht in a Thai bank account seasoned for three months.

No need to lie.

Also I would say if you don't have that much in reserve funds you probably can't afford to live in Thailand indefinitely or anywhere else.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Also I would say if you don't have that much in reserve funds you probably can't afford to live in Thailand indefinitely or anywhere else.

So what do you recommend.  Head in the oven? Balcony dive?  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. 

• 3 weeks later...

After reading a few pages here I see comments from folks who adequately well off enough to simply put the 800,000 in a Thai bank account and leave it. Financially speaking perhaps not the wisest, not sure of the interest the bank pays out. But, surely the easiest.

That's sort of what I plan on in a year or so when I stop working. If anything happens to me money goes to my GF the mother of my daughter. Just seems easier than having to stockpile bank receipts and all that.

Archived