Terror at Railay Beach in Krabi - foreign tourists taken hostage as shots fired

webfact

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sambum said:

Where do you hail from, pardner?

Nowhere in particular but in every law abiding place in the world law enforcement will fire at someone who has shot 4 rounds and doesn't surrender. Provided they can get a clean shot.

5 hours ago, hansnl said:

It's not a big weapon, also.

It's just a revolver, suitable to fire .357 and .38, which is around 9 mm.

.38 about the same power as a 9mm, .357 more powerful.

But only 6 cartridges in the weapon.

I would rather get syphilis, or go fishing.

12 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Nowhere in particular but in every law abiding place in the world law enforcement will fire at someone who has shot 4 rounds and doesn't surrender. Provided the get a clean shot.

I will keep in mind next time I visit a bar that 4 rounds with shots qualifies to be killed :shock1: and just surrender after the third....:whistling:

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Yet another crazy incident to dent the already fragile reputation of the Thai tourism industry. At least it was all resolved with no injuries or worse... 

Is Thailand starting to go the way of Egypt ? 

Hostage taking of Tourists, shots fired, Boats capsizing with a huge loss of life, not to mention all the other violent crimes that have been committed recently against Tourists and Expats.

These are not small incidents and the Tourists will be watching very closely, as will their Governments.

Yes, we are all very interested in this ...

15 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Hostage taking of Tourists, shots fired, Boats capsizing with a huge loss of life, not to mention all the other violent crimes that have been committed recently against Tourists and Expats.

These are not small incidents and the Tourists will be watching very closely, as will their Governments.

I used to tell all my family and friends to come to Thailand for a holiday and have a great time, not any longer. 

27 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The sky is falling! Flee for your lives!

Yip, considering most Thai's can't manage a fork and knife without causing concern for innocent bystanders, a .357 toting Thai hopped up on yabba.......an order of fresh knickers please ?

1 minute ago, Time Traveller said:

I'm sure there's something positive in your life to feel good about ? 

And what do you mean by that comment ? That anyone who is not a gun lover is a pussy ?  

4 minutes ago, balo said:

And what do you mean by that comment ? That anyone who is not a gun lover is a pussy ?  

A pussy nowadays can be more Dangerous than a gun…:whistling:

9 minutes ago, balo said:

it means you have a misguided perspective on firearms (and probably Americans also). 

A gun is simply a tool. Nothing more scary than a knife, or an axe, or a car, or a powersaw, or whatever.  But yes you are correct, mastering the correct (and safe) use of tools will make you feel like a man.

4 hours ago, Falcon said:

Are you serious? A .357 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and your saying it’s not a big gun??? Try facing someone head on when this ‘small gun’ is being brandished about, especially by someone high on drugs and see just how small it is!!

Wouldn't a .44 Magnum be more powerful?

4 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

it means you have a misguided perspective on firearms (and probably Americans also). 

A gun is simply a tool. Nothing more scary than a knife, or an axe, or a car, or a powersaw, or whatever.  But yes you are correct, mastering the correct (and safe) use of tools will make you feel like a man.

It takes a gun to make you feel like a man does it ☺️

Just now, les Dennis said:

So lets see. You have had a number of guns, I dont have any. You have had a loaded gun pointed at your head, I havent. Odd that.I guess is something to do with the circles one moves in.

I've had a submachine gun pointed at my head (trooper in Israel).

11 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Or maybe the US are misguided by the laws .

Anyway I knew you were a US citizen when you replied to me. 

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Regarding the tourist figures, I must admit I am inclined to agree with Easy Come Easy Go. I have lived in Thailand for more than 10 years, and have seen a steady decline in tourist numbers - at least where I live.

And I have yet to see a TAT announcement at any time to say that tourist figures are down - you don't perchance work for them, do you?

Hmmm. We have a poster who usually carries out pretty thorough research before posting then bases comments on that research as opposed to someone's gf's thoughts and your non quantified observation / gut feel. It may be that the area where you live isn't on the route for the Chinese and Indians - lucky you! It may be that some areas / businesses that have been exposed ripping off tourists are being avoided. 

Many possibilities but facts from several sources are powerful unless you have actual facts from credible sources to dispute them.

30 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

It takes a gun to make you feel like a man does it ☺️

no, but having skills does. Maybe you're more than just a keyboard warrior and can actually take on groups of assailants with you bare hands. Well, respect to you! 

I just don't understand the irrational fear of guns by people that don't own (and usually admit to having never even touched a gun). 

5 hours ago, Falcon said:

Are you serious? A .357 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and your saying it’s not a big gun??? Try facing someone head on when this ‘small gun’ is being brandished about, especially by someone high on drugs and see just how small it is!!

Wrong, ask any bear that has had the experience of being shot by a  .37 and a .44.

Likely take one shot out of a .44 to take down a charging bear, six shots out of a .38 it the bear still maybe coming. Unless highly skilled in self defense situations a .38 might be better due to less recoil. The knockdown power of a .44 might be better when dealing with a maniac on baba.

Archived