Parents Allowed To See Rescued Boys: Hospital

webfact

Parents Allowed To See Rescued Boys: Hospital

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

AP18191521154907-696x442.jpg

People celebrated on Tuesday as divers evacuated some of the 12 boys and their coach trapped at Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai. Photo: Sakchai Lalit / Associated Press

CHIANG RAI — Twelve boys and their football coach had no serious health concerns Wednesday morning after the last group of five was successfully rescued from a flooded northern cave and transferred to hospital last night.

The parents of the first four boys to be rescued were allowed to pay bedside visits to their quarantined children on the condition they wear hazmat suits and keep a distance of two meters.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/07/11/parents-allowed-to-see-rescued-boys-hospital/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-07-11

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

on the condition they wear hazmat suits and keep a distance of two meters.

This seems like overkill to a degree. They have found no signs of infection and you know the parents are absolutely desperate to hug their kids and the kids are also undoubtedly dying to hug them back. I do hope these restrictions are lifted swiftly.

6 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

This seems like overkill to a degree. They have found no signs of infection and you know the parents are absolutely desperate to hug their kids and the kids are also undoubtedly dying to hug them back. I do hope these restrictions are lifted swiftly.

Surely, they have a good reason. So far everything has been done fine. Let them work.

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

The parents of the first four boys to be rescued were allowed to pay bedside visits to their quarantined children

That just sounds great! It must just feel even better for the children and the parents.
Can sound harsh, but there is a guaranteed reason for the hazmat and the conditions of the visit. 

Let us hope the authorities shield the boys and their families from the predatory media I am so happy for the wonderful outcome and great praise for the team who have made this possible. 

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

If you are dealing with an unknown medical situation, utmost care is needed.

No such thing as overkill then, but utmost care.

Would look a bit stupid after all the trouble taken to get them out if one or more of the saved would get ill or die because of negligence, don't you think?

7 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

The medics are very concerned about several deadly microorganisms that grow in the moist dirt inside the cave. Thus, better to be overcautious than dead.

Archived