BANGKOK 24 January 2019 11:03
Badrabbit

Chalong underpass

I wonder the same thing. Thought would be close roads by now. But nothing.  On the Rawai side quite a long stretch with nothing dug out. Never see any trucks hauling dirt away ... NEVER

Guess they are waiting until after the rainy season to continue... :whistling:

How this same contractor got another underpass contract after their last debacle up by the Central Tesco is beyond me! Yes I know TIT, but really? Oh that's right. I remember now, they were fined millions of Baht for not finishing on time. Hum.. Wonder were those "fines" went? 

I left Phuket two weeks ago and will be back in another four or so. I wonder if I'll notice any difference when I get back?

7 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Outside homepro.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's what I thought. And I have wondered why nothing is being done on the Rawai side while blocking the road for no reason. Amazing Thai contractor.... I guess I can't name and shame! Thai "blank" Engineering?

Edited by Jimi007

26 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

That's what I thought. And I have wondered why nothing is being done on the Rawai side while blocking the road for no reason. Amazing Thai contractor.... I guess I can't name and shame! Thai "blank" Engineering?

They started first south of the circle and I guess they finished the south side.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

They started first south of the circle and I guess they finished the south side.

They started in front of Home Pro/Villa Market, correct? From what Bad rabbit said and what I have seen. I have seen little, to no digging other than to move the power poles on the Rawai or southern side, or am I missing something? 

17 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I wonder the same thing. Thought would be close roads by now. But nothing.  On the Rawai side quite a long stretch with nothing dug out. Never see any trucks hauling dirt away ... NEVER

Have you been through after 9pm as they were only going to close during the night but no idea why.

38 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Have you been through after 9pm as they were only going to close during the night but no idea why.

No. But the idea was to close access to ChaoFa East from Kata or Rawai and from both ChaoFas to Kata. While they dug through the circle. None of that has any where near happening.

2 big 12 wheelers hauling dirt on the south side right now ( or better, 20 minutes ago).