Chalong underpass

Badrabbit

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How this same contractor got another underpass contract after their last debacle up by the Central Tesco is beyond me! Yes I know TIT, but really? Oh that's right. I remember now, they were fined millions of Baht for not finishing on time. Hum.. Wonder were those "fines" went? 

7 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Outside homepro.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's what I thought. And I have wondered why nothing is being done on the Rawai side while blocking the road for no reason. Amazing Thai contractor.... I guess I can't name and shame! Thai "blank" Engineering?

26 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

That's what I thought. And I have wondered why nothing is being done on the Rawai side while blocking the road for no reason. Amazing Thai contractor.... I guess I can't name and shame! Thai "blank" Engineering?

They started first south of the circle and I guess they finished the south side.

11 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

They started first south of the circle and I guess they finished the south side.

They started in front of Home Pro/Villa Market, correct? From what Bad rabbit said and what I have seen. I have seen little, to no digging other than to move the power poles on the Rawai or southern side, or am I missing something? 

17 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I wonder the same thing. Thought would be close roads by now. But nothing.  On the Rawai side quite a long stretch with nothing dug out. Never see any trucks hauling dirt away ... NEVER

Have you been through after 9pm as they were only going to close during the night but no idea why.

38 minutes ago, Valentine said:

Have you been through after 9pm as they were only going to close during the night but no idea why.

No. But the idea was to close access to ChaoFa East from Kata or Rawai and from both ChaoFas to Kata. While they dug through the circle. None of that has any where near happening.

I went round the circle at 4am this morning after watching England fail to get into the World Cup final...sob!

Chao Fa West was open. It is this road that was supposed to be closed overnight.

?

Traffic from the south is a nightmare.  I went through at 7 am a week or two ago and traffic already taking 20 minutes at that point.  A couple days ago the Mrs. was going to go to Phuket Town around 13:30 or so and said traffic backed up to lemon gas.  She turned around and came home.

Meanwhile..... back to the article about charging more property tax on properties benefiting from infrastructure.... absurd and unfair given the hassles endured over years, to get the infrastructure developed.

anyway.... as to movements of mud from the tunnel.... there are multiple locations in rawai that have seen land reclamation, or just plain dumping of mud... soi cokmakham received thousands of tons, just beyond the corner at the rear of the wat, and a new mountain is being built below mangosteens (more sea view property ??? )

thanks for the pics badrabbit

Meanwhile..... back to the article about charging more property tax on properties benefiting from infrastructure.... absurd and unfair given the hassles endured over years, to get the infrastructure developed.

anyway.... as to movements of mud from the tunnel.... there are multiple locations in rawai that have seen land reclamation, or just plain dumping of mud... soi cokmakham received thousands of tons, just beyond the corner at the rear of the wat, and a new mountain is being built below mangosteens (more sea view property [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] )

thanks for the pics badrabbit
Im always down there so I'll keep the pics coming of the homepro side.

I'm guessing there won't be any fines as the contractor can blame the delayed land acquisition and movement of utilities, which in turn held up construction.  Then they can probably take as long as they want without much fear of financial consequences.  Depends on legalities of course, but the contractor will surely try to use the local authorities' cock-ups as a shield from any penalties.

I wonder is it now dawning on the powers-that-be that when they close the circle things are likely to grind to a near-complete stop?

At the current pace, I think we probably have another 1.5 - 2 years of this nightmare.

I'm guessing there won't be any fines as the contractor can blame the delayed land acquisition and movement of utilities, which in turn held up construction.  Then they can probably take as long as they want without much fear of financial consequences.  Depends on legalities of course, but the contractor will surely try to use the local authorities' cock-ups as a shield from any penalties.

I wonder is it now dawning on the powers-that-be that when they close the circle things are likely to grind to a near-complete stop?

At the current pace, I think we probably have another 1.5 - 2 years of this nightmare.
Going by the total inactivity we could be looking at well over 2 yrs, nothing is happening!!

I went through from Rawai about 2 PM this afternoon and it was only backed up to Mackro. My wife noticed a banner on the pedestrian bridge by the school that was only in Thai. She said it says; Chalong Circle will be closed on July 22. Nothing in English! Then she made the comment; how stupid is that? Nothing in English and they are just going to close the whole thing! Then went on to say, why don't they do it at night and why don't they work at night like they do in the USA?

By the way, they were actually digging some dirt on the Rawai side!

Archived