Chalong underpass

Badrabbit

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Nobody has posted anything about how much the traffic has improved since they started to allow traffic heading north on Viset Road to filter onto Chao Fa East, a few weeks ago.

Shame!

Is only bad news newsworthy?!!

I bet a lot of businesses are very happy with this change. We live in Rawai and had virtually given up going north of the circle! Recently we went to Villa Market for the first time in months, Happy Days for their (not too bad) Sunday roast, The Hogfather for great (but very expensive) craft beer and ribs, Agli Amici for pizza and Phuket Town a few times.

????

Nobody has posted anything about how much the traffic has improved since they started to allow traffic heading north on Viset Road to filter onto Chao Fa East, a few weeks ago.

Shame!

I bet a lot of businesses are very happy with this change. We live in Rawai and had virtually given up going north of the circle! Recently we went to Villa Market for the first time in months, Happy Days for their (not too bad) Sunday roast, The Hogfather for great (but very expensive) craft beer and ribs, Agli Amici for pizza and Phuket Town a few times.

[emoji3]
With all the many past moans about the underpass I very much doubt anyone will post anything good about it, a couple of months and I'm sure it will be open but the cosmetics will take longer, traffic has improved greatly over the last couple of weeks, it's going to improve the area once completed just like the others have.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Tapster said:

Shame!

????

That has been posted a few times already.

1 hour ago, Tapster said:

Shame!

????

Wake up man. Plenty other threads on this topic saying traffic flow improved.

You quote a 3 month old dead topic. 

But guys, I thought this 'old' thread was the default thread for all things to do with the underpass. 

People have been adding posts to this thread for months/years. 

And, I haven't seen any of these new threads on the Phuket forum. 

Ergo, I think this is less my problem than that of Thai Visa. 

Nevertheless, I'm not criticising anyone personally, so chill dudes. 

29 minutes ago, Tapster said:

But guys, I thought this 'old' thread was the default thread for all things to do with the underpass. 

People have been adding posts to this thread for months/years. 

And, I haven't seen any of these new threads on the Phuket forum. 

Ergo, I think this is less my problem than that of Thai Visa. 

Nevertheless, I'm not criticising anyone personally, so chill dudes. 

'People have been adding posts for months/years'.

You earlier today made the first post in 3 months.

'I haven't seen any of these new threads' 'Ergo Thai Visa problem'.

You don't see threads so it is a Thai Visa problem? 

On 12/10/2018 at 3:58 PM, Tapster said:

And just like that the chaos returned today, as they re-opened the flow from Kata to Wiest Road East access the circle. With one change the traffic was once more backed up to Macro on the Rawai side. 

The past few weeks have been paradise, but alas it looks like we're back to square one again.

28 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

And just like that the chaos returned today, as they re-opened the flow from Kata to Wiest Road East access the circle. With one change the traffic was once more backed up to Macro on the Rawai side. 

The past few weeks have been paradise, but alas it looks like we're back to square one again.

Do you mean Visit Rd or Chao Fa East

4 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

I don't know what time you are talking about, I was there around 11.30am and no traffic backed up at all  going north from Rawai

Bound to be a few problems, people only see the bad, I can see how great the completed underpass will be, being on a motorbike I have never had a problem so surely car drivers who have had problems since it started can now see just how great it's going to be.

14 hours ago, RedCardinal said:

They closed Chaofa West in front of Homepro for a while yesterday afternoon for some big cherry picker type vehicle which had people working on the electric cables. Police were controlling the traffic, sending all the Patak Road traffic to Chaofa East. That was probably the reason.

4 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Bound to be a few problems, people only see the bad, I can see how great the completed underpass will be, being on a motorbike I have never had a problem so surely car drivers who have had problems since it started can now see just how great it's going to be.

I and many others can envisage the advantages of the finished product, although there will always be the naysayers who oppose any attempt to improve traffic flow on the Island if it doesn't suit their personal needs.

For me what rankles is the process, which involved a lack of planning, seeming idiocy in execution and outright lies about time lines. 

Before starting why didn't they plan and construct sensible alternatives for traffic flow during the construction phase. Why did they not properly plan for land acquisition, drainage problems and electric pole relocation? Why the long delays when the project seemingly ground to a halt?

It'll be sublime when it's finished, but my great aunt could have organized it better! 

I and many others can envisage the advantages of the finished product, although there will always be the naysayers who oppose any attempt to improve traffic flow on the Island if it doesn't suit their personal needs.

For me what rankles is the process, which involved a lack of planning, seeming idiocy in execution and outright lies about time lines. 

Before starting why didn't they plan and construct sensible alternatives for traffic flow during the construction phase. Why did they not properly plan for land acquisition, drainage problems and electric pole relocation? Why the long delays when the project seemingly ground to a halt?

It'll be sublime when it's finished, but my great aunt could have organized it better! 

Simple answer, this is not a western country this is Thailand where corruption is a Plague, we as visitors just need to let them get on with it, a few months more and the last few years will fade in our memories.

35 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Simple answer, this is not a western country this is Thailand where corruption is a Plague, we as visitors just need to let them get on with it, a few months more and the last few years will fade in our memories.

A good attitude from someone who sails past the construction on his bike. I feel for the people who get stuck in traffic on their way to work or taking the kids to school because they have to take a car. 

And what a change in demeanor from the guy who fell down a pot hole during the Tesco underpass construction. Some of your comments about locals then seem at odds with your laissez-faire attitude now.

What's the problem with warning others mate, where does it say about the locals who helped me from the road, where does it say anything bad about the locals who were brilliant, feel free to be even sadder and troll through posts, you have nothing better to do????

3 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

What's the problem with warning others mate, where does it say about the locals who helped me from the road, where does it say anything bad about the locals who were brilliant, feel free to be even sadder and troll through posts, you have nothing better to do????

You're only quoting some of your remarks on that thread.

Feel free to keep telling lies, deceiving yourself and denigrating others who challenge your crap. Your not worth the time.

Archived