Chalong underpass

Badrabbit

Is it my imagination or is construction progressing at a snail's pace again? Hardly anyone on site at any time of day since around Christmas. If someone tells me that they're all working underground then great, but I've seen no evidence. The only work I've seen being done is the building being supported by tree branches just north of the Circle.

Anyone else noticed this, whilst sitting in the traffic jams that have got steadily worse in the past few weeks?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it my imagination or is construction progressing at a snail's pace again? Hardly anyone on site at any time of day since around Christmas. If someone tells me that they're all working underground then great, but I've seen no evidence. The only work I've seen being done is the building being supported by tree branches just north of the Circle.

Anyone else noticed this, whilst sitting in the traffic jams that have got steadily worse in the past few weeks?
I've heard them working in the tunnel but not seen, you would think they would be all over the construction to get it finished, strange!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

They are in the hole working. I seen they have added the finishing touches to the walls. 

The roundabout look like it's going to be huge. Has be 10 meters tall. 

One thing that's surprises me is the pump houses. There is one on each side of the tunnel in the middle of the road. 

That's weird but I guess they don't have the available land like at Central and Tesco tunnels to house the pumps. 

1 hour ago, Valentine said:

Chao Fa West has become quite chaotic in the evenings. Backed up to Land & house yesterday as many needing to turn right & get to Patak Rd.

Given up trying right turn behind HomePro. Just go straight through and right at back road up to Kata.

Try the right turn next to the wood shop before the new big C. Yes, it's longer but better than waiting for the right turn before Homepro or waiting to get to the Circle, which, incidentally, looks just about finished. I have no idea why they can't reopen it (as was promised for November!)

They've also given up with the days remaining board, which sat on 144 days for around a month until number started to fall off. It now states one day!

50 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Try the right turn next to the wood shop before the new big C. Yes, it's longer but better than waiting for the right turn before Homepro or waiting to get to the Circle, which, incidentally, looks just about finished. I have no idea why they can't reopen it (as was promised for November!)

You talking about new mini BigC on Patak. Your idea makes no sense to me.

And yes, there is no reason why circle not re-open.

8 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

You talking about new mini BigC on Patak. Your idea makes no sense to me.

And yes, there is no reason why circle not re-open.

No, the one on Chaofa West, almost next to Supercheap and 7-Eleven. I use this route all the time. You eventually approach the 7-Inn from the other direction. As I said, longer but at least you're moving.

47 minutes ago, madmitch said:

No, the one on Chaofa West, almost next to Supercheap and 7-Eleven. I use this route all the time. You eventually approach the 7-Inn from the other direction. As I said, longer but at least you're moving.

Thought they had barriers on the main road to stop turn right. Only can turn right at Home Pro ??  Used to use that turn all the time in the past. Not can do now ??

29 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Thought they had barriers on the main road to stop turn right. Only can turn right at Home Pro ??  Used to use that turn all the time in the past. Not can do now ??

It's a right at the spot where cars going north make their u-turn back to the Circle. Very small road, hard to spot.

Archived