Receiving Overseas Mail

Jamin123

My bank mails my credit card from USA to Thailand and each time it is sent regular mail it fails to arrive, so they resend by courier (DHL). All other USA regualr mail arrives, its as if someone is scanning for cards from regular mail. Happened 3 times over 9 years for me.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If it isn't 'signed for' it probably won't arrive.

Thai post like foreign credit cards.

I received many cards in the post over the last 12 years, both from Europe and America. Not one of them was registered and none have ever gone missing.

4 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

My bank mails my credit card from USA to Thailand and each time it is sent regular mail it fails to arrive, so they resend by courier (DHL). All other USA regualr mail arrives, its as if someone is scanning for cards from regular mail. Happened 3 times over 9 years for me.

Same for me.

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

I received many cards in the post over the last 12 years, both from Europe and America. Not one of them was registered and none have ever gone missing.

Same here never a problem in same amount of time.

Here's one for the naysayers...

A couple of weeks ago I stuck my USA debit card into the ATM at Aeon Tesco Kamthieng. Apparently I entered the PIN code wrong and the ATM immediately took my card. The girl put me on the phone with someone in Bangkok that told me Aeon policy is to take the card after one failed attempt and to destroy the card that evening. She said there was no further discussion, I would not get the card back. So I had to order another card and I asked a friend to send it to me. The card was mistakenly routed to Taipei, Taiwan even though the label was typed THAILAND. (This is the 3rd time I've had post go to Taiwan by mistake - always a credit card). This time however, the bubble mailer was opened and the envelope inside was opened too. They put a single piece of tape about 3 cm on one corner of the envelope and stamped in red it says "missent to Taipei, sealed jointly by the customs and the post office" and they forwarded it to Thailand. Yesterday I got home and the postman had tossed our post over the gate as he/she always does. There was the bubble envelope - completely open except for 3 cm of tape along the corner and inside was the opened envelope containing my credit card! Even I was surprised it got to me.

20 minutes ago, elektrified said:

. The card was mistakenly routed to Taipei, Taiwan even though the label was typed THAILAND. (This is the 3rd time I've had post go to Taiwan by mistake - always a credit card). 

It seems that some people failed English spelling in school.

Thailand <> Tai-wan

My Bank ATM/Debit card expired in May. Having no faith in Thai Post, I Emailed the bank and recieved a reply to send a letter of confirmation. I wanted the bank to send the card to a UK address from whence it could be sent on by Royal Mail Tracked and Signed method.

Before my letter had arrived the bank's automatic system sent it direct to me in Thailand. To my surprise it arrived at the correct address 24 days later. It had had chinese lettering added somewhere but the address did not include Thailand only Chiangmai. I suspect that it initially went to somewhere in China and was redirected.

However my faith in Chinese abd Thai Postal Services is enhanced.

Archived