Warning Fake. or True

You will probably indeed end-up at Google Play and on the install download/install page for a specific app...an app that is probably an app you need to pay for.   And as you know, the apps on Google Play are suppose to be safe...or as safe as Google can determine them to be.   It's an unscrupulous way of advertisers selling certain products such apps/software...trying to scare you into buying a product/app.

You usually end-up with reaching weblinks like the OP gave due to advertising links on "even respectable webpages" where a person gets redirected to other webpages due to "3rd party cookies" being installed on the person device. 

Even on the Bangkok Post webpage you may eventually end-up being redirected to a similar page where you get this fake virus notice...says your device is infected "but it's not"...it can be very hard to get rid of the page....and if going to the Google Play page you end-up on a pay app. 

I use to have this problem frequently when reading the Bangkok Post webpage...only the Bangkok Post webpage. Only experienced this problem when using my "mobile device", not when using computer browser because a mobile browser usually has less capability to identify and block malicious weblinks than a computer browser.  After turning off 3rd party cookies allowed my problem went away....can surf Bangkok Post all day without eventually getting a "you are infected pop-up/being redirected to another webpage telling you to do this or that to fix your virus problem."   This problem can occur at other websites also, it's just the Bangkok Post is one of them...or use to be as least up to a couple of months ago...can't say now if they still have this malicious advertising link lurking around on their website.

What you need to do after you get off the webpage saying you have a virus is delete/clear all cookies from your mobile browser and then set the mobile browser cookies setting to "not allow 3rd party cookies."    Like if using Android Chrome browser, here's how you do it.  Leave Cookies turned on, but turn off the second setting of  "Allow third-party cookies."  

image.png.021d36ac85aef5c0e9f89ef51fb38b6a.png

You will probably indeed end-up at Google Play and on the install download/install page for a specific app...an app that is probably an app you need to pay for.   And as you know, the apps on Google Play are suppose to be safe...or as safe as Google can determine them to be.   It's an unscrupulous way of advertisers selling certain products such apps/software...trying to scare you into buying a product/app.

You usually end-up with reaching weblinks like the OP gave due to advertising links on "even respectable webpages" where a person gets redirected to other webpages due to "3rd party cookies" being installed on the person device. 

Even on the Bangkok Post webpage you may eventually end-up being redirected to a similar page where you get this fake virus notice...says your device is infected "but it's not"...it can be very hard to get rid of the page....and if going to the Google Play page you end-up on a pay app. 

I use to have this problem frequently when reading the Bangkok Post webpage...only the Bangkok Post webpage. Only experienced this problem when using my "mobile device", not when using computer browser because a mobile browser usually has less capability to identify and block malicious weblinks than a computer browser.  After turning off 3rd party cookies allowed my problem went away....can surf Bangkok Post all day without eventually getting a "you are infected pop-up/being redirected to another webpage telling you to do this or that to fix your virus problem."   This problem can occur at other websites also, it's just the Bangkok Post is one of them...or use to be as least up to a couple of months ago...can't say now if they still have this malicious advertising link lurking around on their website.

What you need to do after you get off the webpage saying you have a virus is delete/clear all cookies from your mobile browser and then set the mobile browser cookies setting to "not allow 3rd party cookies."    Like if using Android Chrome browser, here's how you do it.  Leave Cookies turned on, but turn off the second setting of  "Allow third-party cookies."  

image.png.021d36ac85aef5c0e9f89ef51fb38b6a.png
Thanks all for feedback. To me the web address was enough to stumble over

https://thn.ccardgames.top/vs/yyhvf.php?siteid=&model=Pixel&brand=Generic_Android&trackid=20180711161605473#

Sent from my Pixel using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived