"Don't be naughty again!" - British dive experts leave with a smile and a wink

webfact

"Don't be naughty again!" - British dive experts leave with a smile and a wink

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Two British cave diving experts key in the operation to save the Mu Pa boys at Tham Luang were given a good send off at Suvarnabhumi airport last night.

And they left with some good British humor that got the crowd laughing.

Asked what message they had for the boys Jason Mallison said with a cheeky grin:

"Yeh. Don't be naughty again!"

While his compatriot John Volanthen chipped in with: "Don't go in caves when it's raining!"

The mood was a happy one as tourism and sports minister Weerasak Kowsurat and communications minister Arkhom Termphitayaphaisit turned up with a host of other officials to say thanks on behalf of the Thai people.

Mr Volanthan and Mr Mallinson - both members of the British Cave Rescue Council - praised the Thais and the international effort before heading to London on TG 910 just after midnight.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-12

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

"Yeh. Don't be naughty again!"

While his compatriot John Volanthen chipped in with: "Don't go in caves when it's raining!"

Brilliant. These guys are awesome, totally down to earth and obviously blessed with a sense of humour too. Safe Flight home fellas, and thank you for coming.

Typical and what I expected . No fuss no drama pack there gear a few words and off they go . Job well done . Respect you guys !! Till the next time . And while it wouldn't have made a difference to them answering the call I'd like to think Thai powers that be rewarded them monetary for there efforts !! 

Nice to see such modesty, in such brave people. Total professionals, arrive, do their work and depart with a gracious smile and a joke. While I hope my son doesn't grow up wanting to be a cave rescuer, they are in all other respects, the perfect role model.

7 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Typical and what I expected . No fuss no drama pack there gear a few words and off they go . Job well done . Respect you guys !! Till the next time . And while it wouldn't have made a difference to them answering the call I'd like to think Thai powers that be rewarded them monetary for there efforts !! 

I doubt if money would be accepted by the brave divers.

However, a donation by the Thai powers to the British Cave Rescue Council ( and other bodies from other Countries ) would be a warm and generous gesture of thanks.

A donation of this kind would enable these brave men to continue doing what they do , as most of the organisations are donation funded.

This would mean more to these guys i,m sure.

Chokdee guys

I doubt if money would be accepted by the brave divers.
However, a donation by the Thai powers to the British Cave Rescue Council ( and other bodies from other Countries ) would be a warm and generous gesture of thanks.
A donation of this kind would enable these brave men to continue doing what they do , as most of the organisations are donation funded.
This would mean more to these guys i,m sure.
Chokdee guys

Well said!!!!!
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived