Non O Visa Savannakhet dependence

Hi I need to apply for a New Non O visa in Savannakhet  can anyone tell me the documents I need to take

i have 

Partners House book copy

her copy’s id already done

original Birth certificate and copy

passport copy’s and photos

anything else needed 

also can someone recommend a Hotel and tell me cost of the Non o visa thanks in advance

Edited by Thai Expat
Missed info
  • Like 1

Dependance non-o? No such visa exists. I assume one based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You can only get a single entry non-o visa in Savannakhet on that basis.

Child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry.

Mothers house book registry and ID card signed by her is optional.

Application form with 2 photos attached, Copy of passport photo page.

2 minutes ago, Thai Expat said:

Mine is not based on marriage only being a parent to my son I plan to drive to Savannakhet from Korat is there any place to leave my truck at The Thailand border

There is secure parking on the left just before the gates for the bridge.

Don't forget you will need a photo and money for the Lao visa on arrival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thai Expat said:

Mine is not based on marriage only being a parent to my son I plan to drive to Savannakhet from Korat is there any place to leave my truck at The Thailand border

You can leave it right before the bridge. There's a parking place with a roof, I wouldn't leave it in the bright sunlight. 

5 hours ago, Thai Expat said:

I get the same visa, at the same place.

Documents are those you listed, plus a copy of the child ID card and/or passport.

Important is the ORIGINAL birth certificate.

Finally, there is the application form that you can download from the consulate website...it saves time...

Within walking distance from the consulate are the Avalon and Aura Residence, next to each other, and quite similar in every aspect.

7 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Documents are those you listed, plus a copy of the child ID card and/or passport.

Not actually required since a child cannot get a ID card until they are 7 years old and not all of them would have passport.

• 4 months later...
On 7/12/2018 at 11:02 AM, Thai Expat said:

Thanks joe is there anywhere safe to leave truck at border

There is a covered car park on the Thai side about 100 meters from immigration. Costs a 100 baht or so to park there overnight. From there you walk to immigration,just before which you can buy a bus ticket over the bridge into Laos. Alternatively,you can hitch a ride over for a negotiable fee.

Plenty of hotels. Avalon is popular as within walking distance of Thai Embassy but you can check online for other options.

There are very many threads on this subject as everybody who goes opens a thread on it. If you do a forum search you will find all the information you need.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a question regarding what to do once I return from getting my non O marriage visa in Savannakhet....btw my objective is to get a work permit in udon ... can I then take my company accountant and go direct to the labour office to do the WP or must I go to udon immigration first ? thanks as I am unsure the logical steps to take ....thx in advance ...

13 minutes ago, cdmtdm said:

a question regarding what to do once I return from getting my non O marriage visa in Savannakhet....btw my objective is to get a work permit in udon ... can I then take my company accountant and go direct to the labour office to do the WP or must I go to udon immigration first ? thanks as I am unsure the logical steps to take ....thx in advance ...

No need to go to immigration they have nothing to do with you applying for a work permit.

thanks Joe .... thats clear ...now do I need to go to Udon immigration to register my address again  or show them any other paper work to avoid the 90 day leave the country deal ? ( that part is confusing incl do i need to show the 400k still ) cheers 

On 7/12/2018 at 11:02 AM, Thai Expat said:

Thanks joe is there anywhere safe to leave truck at border

2 options:

1) ask your hotel to leave it there till the next morning. thats what im always doing. they know me

2) theres a roof parking place just before the border on the left. So easy to see. NOT THE OPEN AREA next to the border. You can park here but its 500 baht for 1 night stay

5 minutes ago, cdmtdm said:

thanks Joe .... thats clear ...now do I need to go to Udon immigration to register my address again  or show them any other paper work to avoid the 90 day leave the country deal ? ( that part is confusing incl do i need to show the 400k still ) cheers 

Do you have as single entry or a multiple entry non-o visa?

You probably will need to do a TM30 form.

You have to leave the country after 90 days unless you apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration. For that you need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income,

I can apply for either Joe a single entry or multiple ....I think multiple will be the way to go ....the 400k I will be able to show that , once I get back from the visa run I have 90 days to report so I will swing the 400k over well before that to qualify ....please explain the TM30 ? 

38 minutes ago, cdmtdm said:

I can apply for either Joe a single entry or multiple ....I think multiple will be the way to go ....the 400k I will be able to show that , once I get back from the visa run I have 90 days to report so I will swing the 400k over well before that to qualify ....please explain the TM30 ? 

The TM30 form is to report your presence at your residence. It should be done by the owner within 24 hours of arrival at the the residence.