I'm newbie. I'm interested in Thai amulet.

Amuletseeker8

32 minutes ago, Amuletseeker8 said:

I love to find some amulets . And I want to know how to use them,  their stories , where to buy, etc. I will tell u later... 

thank bro.

Contact Orang37 on ChiangMai forum. He's an expert and a collector. 

12 hours ago, Amuletseeker8 said:

I love to find some amulets . And I want to know how to use them,  their stories , where to buy, etc. I will tell u later... 

thank bro.

Come to think of it, amongst Thais there are of course a number that know an awful lot about this. Digging the garden over 6 years ago I came upon a 'Buddha amulet' - as they call them, actually a priest. It was rather worn but it took my fancy so I got it fixed on a chain and never take it off, not so much because I am superstitious but my wife won't let me!

Anyway, I have twice been approached by people that wanted to see it, one offered me ฿30 000.- I still know nothing about it.

What I am interested in are the Phallad Giks, phalli made of all sorts of materials. Years ago my then girlfriend found one on an archaeological dig in Sweitzerland, very similar as far as I can recall, to the ones you find here. At the time nothing was known about the origin or purpose of these amulets, which seemed out of place amongst the usual saints' amulets. 

I'm thinking this must date back to pre-Buddhist times (Shiva).  

On 7/14/2018 at 8:24 AM, cooked said:

Come to think of it, amongst Thais there are of course a number that know an awful lot about this. Digging the garden over 6 years ago I came upon a 'Buddha amulet' - as they call them, actually a priest. It was rather worn but it took my fancy so I got it fixed on a chain and never take it off, not so much because I am superstitious but my wife won't let me!

Anyway, I have twice been approached by people that wanted to see it, one offered me ฿30 000.- I still know nothing about it.

What I am interested in are the Phallad Giks, phalli made of all sorts of materials. Years ago my then girlfriend found one on an archaeological dig in Sweitzerland, very similar as far as I can recall, to the ones you find here. At the time nothing was known about the origin or purpose of these amulets, which seemed out of place amongst the usual saints' amulets. 

hi,guy Can u show me some "the Phallad Giks "?

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, Amuletseeker8 said:

hi,guy Can u show me some "the Phallad Giks "?

Google "phallic amulets + Thailand" for a lot of popular information on the palad gik.

In the context of history and culture the Journal of the Siam Society is a very good source with an online archive going back to its founding in 1903.

Through the years there have been numerous articles on Thai amulets in general and palad giks in particular.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:34 PM, CMHomeboy78 said:

Google "phallic amulets + Thailand" for a lot of popular information on the palad gik.

In the context of history and culture the Journal of the Siam Society is a very good source with an online archive going back to its founding in 1903.

Through the years there have been numerous articles on Thai amulets in general and palad giks in particular.

tnx bro. i'll find it

On 7/13/2018 at 10:49 PM, Amuletseeker8 said:

thank bro.

Ring Amulets too?

for example mine is an L.P Jaran (also been known as L.P. Jarun

... from Wat Amphawan, Singburi Province

Lots of background you can read on Google search - for 'LP Jaran' for example

Mine (as seen in my Profile) is worn by Armed Forces, and Police etc

a protector amulet, individually serial numbered

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 10:22 PM, tifino said:

Ring Amulets too?

for example mine is an L.P Jaran (also been known as L.P. Jarun

... from Wat Amphawan, Singburi Province

Lots of background you can read on Google search - for 'LP Jaran' for example

Mine (as seen in my Profile) is worn by Armed Forces, and Police etc

a protector amulet, individually serial numbered

Great bro. Is it about Vipassana Meditation? I have ever. Uhmmm Long long time ago.  But I 'll find Ring Amulets . 

On 7/14/2018 at 11:24 AM, cooked said:

if you ever took it off, say left it on your table while, say showering... it won't be there when you come back forit.

Mrs will confiscate it, saying you are not capable of holding it

She'll say something like how it magically disappearred by itself, to make it's way home to the buddha

52 minutes ago, Amuletseeker8 said:

Great bro. Is it about Vipassana Meditation? I have ever. Uhmmm Long long time ago.  But I 'll find Ring Amulets . 

that sort of rings a bell, the terminology. 

Our Temple with meditation in Aust (Buddha Bodhivana Monastery) you can see on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buddhabodhivana/

Quite falang-friendly Image may contain: 4 people, indoorand no... I'm not there in saffron ?  

The original Ajarn here was linked with Amphawan, a long ways back...

On 8/6/2018 at 3:42 PM, tifino said:

if you ever took it off, say left it on your table while, say showering... it won't be there when you come back forit.

Mrs will confiscate it, saying you are not capable of holding it

She'll say something like how it magically disappearred by itself, to make it's way home to the buddha

tifino
Do you have one too? ?

Archived