That didn’t take long! Discovery Channel documentary Operation Thai Cave Rescue to air this Friday!

webfact

That didn’t take long! Discovery Channel documentary Operation Thai Cave Rescue to air this Friday!

x6806A00D565-E4DD-E043-3EB35FCDE22B937B.jpg.pagespeed.ic.omaJu58AiS.jpg

Discovery Channel is set to air the first feature documentary of the rescue of the Wild Boars football team from the flooded Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai.

The hour long Operation Thai Cave Rescue will air on Friday 13th July at 10pm ET/PT on Discovery Channel in the United States, followed by another airing on Science Channel on Saturday 14th July at 10pm ET/PT.

According to Discovery, the documentary “unpacks the human and scientific drama behind one of the most difficult and heart-palpitating rescues attempted in human history.

“With exclusive early access to men and women — including family members — who have been living and breathing the events, Operation Thai Cave Rescue focuses on the triumph of the human spirit and the extraordinary scientific and technological innovations used to complete this miracle rescue.”

Discovery says the documentary will examine every angle of the mission, including why the boys went into the cave to the unique geology of the Tham Luang cave network which made the rescue operation so challenging and how the boys survived for almost two weeks with little food and water.

At the time of writing Thaivisa was unable to confirm if Operation Thai Cave Rescue will be aired on Discovery Channel Asia.

The airing of the documentary comes as the story of the rescue is already set to be retold by Hollywood.

According to reports at least two production companies have already started working on movies about the rescue.

Reuters reported on Thursday that Thailand’s Navy, whose SEAL unit led the rescue, and the Thai government have selected Ivanhoe Pictures to develop a film.

Meanwhile, US based production company Pure Flix, whose co-founder Michael Scott has a Thai wife and who lives in Thailand part of the year, has already sent producers to Chiang Rai to interview people on the ground ahead of a potential movie.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-12

The hour long Operation Thai Cave Rescue will air on Friday 13th July at 10pm ET/PT on Discovery Channel in the United States, followed by another airing on Science Channel on Saturday 14th July at 10pm ET/PT.

(Discovery = Disney4adults) 

Not Discovery Chanel UK... :sad:

Looked through the weekend schedules, can not find any listing, will check YouTube on Sat...

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

(Discovery = Disney4adults) 

Not Discovery Chanel UK... :sad:

Looked through the weekend schedules, can not find any listing, will check YouTube on Sat...

"The hour long Operation Thai Cave Rescue will air on Friday 13th July at 10pm ET/PT on Discovery Channel in the United States, followed by another airing on Science Channel on Saturday 14th July at 10pm ET/PT."

A VPN may bypass the country  viewing matter.

Perhaps this documentary will fill in some of the gaps in reporting that was first reported here:

This cave incident has been blown way out of proportion IMO.  It's like nothing else mattered or took any precedence.  

Hope I'm not being too negative. 

1 hour ago, 4evermaat said:

Perhaps this documentary will fill in some of the gaps in reporting that was first reported here:

This cave incident has been blown way out of proportion IMO.  It's like nothing else mattered or took any precedence.  

I found it to be a touching story that has gripped the hearts of many. But my wife feels like you and unlike most Thais, wasn't interested in any of the news coverage at all. Of course she is happy for the boys and their parents but won't watch any of the coverage.

2 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

yes, you are . all around the world people were so interested. I spend almost half the year in Thailand , so I could be forgiven for taking a keen interest but in Ireland and in the UK the interest , and indeed concern , was obvious , growing every day from scant coverage to almost live coverage , and I was asked by family and neighbours if I had any additional information from my friends in Thailand. Human nature, being what it is, many thought it would end with a mixture of tragedy and celebration, and indeed, one brave diver lost his life for his efforts. It felt like a miracle when the kids and their coach were rescue and were safe. I, for one , cried, as did my Thai friends. It was, as is quoted over and over, an incredible operation which highlighted what international cooperation, rather than war mongering , can achieve . A documentary will soon be followed by a movie I have no doubt and that is fitting given that most of the world celebrated  the success of one of the most difficult underground rescue operations ever out carried out.

4 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

for sure it wont be long and thaivisa moaners will be posting stuff like:

- it wasnt really all that dangerous at all, just a big media beat-up to make Thai look good.

you can predict it so easy sometimes. 

just like open a thread and 100% sure you will see "a Thai would never do that" written 100 times

as well as all the brown paper bag rubbish people go on with.

In a 2-hour special the-day-after  "Welcome 13 Coming Home" "English News" press conference  on Thai PBS yesterday,  the occasion was for the big heads on the panel, namely the left hand, right hand and any hands in between  of the mission commander to each present their account and assessment of the mission. Unfortunately the blow=by-blow details of this segment was not translated, since it was not scripted and the lady translator for some reason the mission commander absolved her from the task of the impromptu interpreting (may sanuk, I heard him say). It would have been great if she was allowed to do it, her English is excellent!

At the end of each person's account, the translator was able to put in a brief summary in English, however it seemed a lot was left out - it was : "he explained why..." or "he described how..."  and us poor non Thai-speaking viewers were left in the dark of all those hows and whys. Seems like her job was to read the pre-scripted English translation of all the thanks-you, apologies and whatnot that the mission commander had to deliver to bookend the conference. So even though the conference was "English-News" it was pretty much a Thais-only affair when it comes to the nuts and bolts. Arrrgghh, my "new year" resolution is to brush up my Thai so I won't need anyone to translate for me, you betcha I will!

Moreover, I don't know whether we can hope for something more from the Thai Seals than the brief, blurry on-the-scene video clip they have put out concurrently. I really hope that the Japanese news outlets will come over and do a killer documentary on this. While the event was unfolding, even the Thai channels had to use their Japanese counterparts presentation and I even caught them ooh aah over the superiority of the Japanese materials, especially compared to one piece of  cardboard graphic the Thai newscaster was holding in her hands in one instant!

12 minutes ago, surangw said:

the media will be cashing in on this for decades 

Yep, and Wild Boar t-shirts, little frogman key chain holders, Wild Boar Som Tom, you name it, it will be out there by this coming Monday. ?

I am glad the team and coach all made it out okay.  I was hoping to hear  that the locals in the

area that helped the situation were fairly compensated by the rich and powerful of the country,

but of course they were not.  Shame on those rich and powerful people!

19 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am glad the team and coach all made it out okay.  I was hoping to hear  that the locals in the

area that helped the situation were fairly compensated by the rich and powerful of the country,

but of course they were not.  Shame on those rich and powerful people!

How to expect as the most of the rich and powerful are on the run hiding abroad for one reason or another...:coffee1:

Not all are away from Thaland on the run. There are some in the country at the top of the

Military and the government, and other powerful and very rich who I cannot speak of,

who live in Thailand that could help. Just saying!

Cave documentary to air this weekend

By The Nation

The Discovery Channel will broadcast the first documentary feature chronicling the rescue operation of Thailand’s Wild Boar football team from Chiang Rai's Tham Luang cave.

"Operation Thai Cave Rescue" will be an hourlong special airing this weekend on the Discovery Channel and Science Channel.

TrueVisions said its Discovery Channel (562) will show the documentary on July 23 at 8:55pm and on July 29 at 9:50pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350014

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-13

On 7/13/2018 at 11:08 AM, Tony Hanscomb said:

Michael Scott is a God fanatic, I sincerely hope he fails, as he will turn the whole thing into a "Jesus saved them" movie. This is Thailand and the heroes who saved the boys dont need to be diminished by a Money grabbing religious opportunist. 

Judging from what went on in TVF this is manna for the religious, so expect the worst.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:43 PM, elektrified said:

I found it to be a touching story that has gripped the hearts of many. But my wife feels like you and unlike most Thais, wasn't interested in any of the news coverage at all. Of course she is happy for the boys and their parents but won't watch any of the coverage.

Probably because we are so used to read bad news of hate, murder, racism, corruption, selfishness, etc., reading a tragic story with a positive outcome and deeply imbued with courage, selflessness, compassion, sympathy and international cooperation brought many (included myself) to regain some long lost faith in humanity. Just guessing...

Archived