Thanks for helping us: Foreign cave rescuers all to be given Thai Elite cards

snoop1130

Thanks for helping us: Foreign cave rescuers all to be given Thai Elite cards

eli2.jpg

All of the foreign rescuers involved in the successful operation at the Tham Luang cave are to be given the prestigious Thailand Elite cards.

The cards - that can cost up to a million baht depending on their level - allow visa exempt travel to the kingdom for a period of five years.

In addition the rescuers will be allowed one free all expenses paid trip to Thailand of a week within the next five years. This includes free airfares on Thai Airways.

News of the thank you gift was reported by Kapook and other agencies after it was announced on Thai TV Channel 3. 

k.jpg

For rescuers who have yet to leave Thailand they will additionally be treated to a tour of Chiang Rai and Bangkok before they go home. 

Many foreign teams helped the Thai authorities bring the 12 boys and coach of Mu Pa academy out of the cave after they spent over two weeks inside. 

The Elite Cards have been organised by the ministry of tourism and sports on behalf of a grateful Thai government. 

The story of the cave rescue was followed by people throughout the world as the world's media descended on the cave complex in Chiang Rai. 

Source: https://hilight.kapook.com/view/175088

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-7-12

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thailand fetes foreign volunteers to thank for their help

By THE NATION

24a020b987bceb4fb3b0f1f7f01efbe7-sld.jpe

THAILAND HAS honoured foreign volunteers, including two British cave divers, who took part in the dramatic and marathon rescue mission to free 13 Mu Pa Academy football club members from Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai.

For those who wished to stay on in Thailand after the mission, the Royal Household Bureau, Foreign Affairs Ministry and Tourism Authority of Thailand will host sightseeing trips in Chiang Rai and Bangkok.

For others who must return to their homelands, Thai authorities will sponsor a single trip back to Thailand within the next five years.

TAT will give them a “Thailand Elite Card” membership, so they could enjoy a series of associated privileges.

Foreign volunteers, reportedly numbering over 100 and hailing from countries near and far, have been streaming out of the area over the past few days since the rescue mission was officially completed with the team extracted from the cave and safely in hospital.

Many had been at the site for up to two weeks after the Mu Pa (Wild Boar) team went missing in the cave on June 23.

e3c37a1ea52eafa31283016b3151fc11.jpeg

At Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Finance Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith joined Tourism and Sports Minister Weerasak Kowsurat to see off two British cave diving experts, John Volanthen and Jason Mallison.

Volanthen is well know for his expertise in cave diving and eagerness to volunteer for rescues, while Mallison is a member of the Cave Diving Group, Britain’s oldest amateur association of subterranean divers.

Volanthen and Rick Stanton famously discovered the boys stranded on a mud-covered rock ledge at so-called Noen Nom Sao on July 2, 10 days after they went missing.

Arkhom and Weerasak gave a heroes’ send-off for Volanthen and Mallison. Both Britons travelled from Chiang Rai to Suvarnabhumi Airport and then boarded a flight to London. The Cabinet ministers gave them certificates of honour and expressed officials thanks from Thailand for their dedication that resulted in the rescue mission’s success. Both had played leading roles in planning and mapping the operation to secure freedom for the boys.

The ministers also presented them with drawings of themselves and John Harper, a fellow volunteer diver who had already left for London to make a doctor’s appointment. Harper oversaw the whole operation to help the boys.

Other foreign divers from a hand-ful of nations left Thailand for their home countries yesterday including Stanton, Christopher Jewell, John Clayton, Gary Mitchell, Connor Roe, Jim Warny and Joshua Bratchley.

adbc778b1bcc2d4dbda1eb718c4d8bce.jpeg

Meanwhile, eight volunteers from China’s Peaceland Foundation have decided to visit Bangkok before going home. Wang Ke, chief of the team, said they were happy that the mission was completed successfully and the boys were safe. During the operation, he said, they received excellent cooperation from the Thai authorities and wished to thank Thais who had thanked the team for their kindness.

In the future, if Thailand needs any help, his team is more than willing to come and help, said Wang.

Wang said that he wished for all the Mu Pa boys to work hard on their studies and have a happy life. His team wished to express condolences on the passing of Saman Kunun, a former Navy SEAL who died during the operation. “He is the hero of Thailand,” Wang said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30349969

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-13

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No more than they deserve. I am quite happy that the authorities have seen fit do do this. While they all came on a voluntary basis, being made to know your services were appreciated is always nice. Well done Divers for brilliant work, Well done Thailand for showing the gratitude.

7 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Really, is that all?  A tour of chiang rai and an elite card.  Wow thanks for paying your own way and next time you come back for a visit you can get a 5% discount with this card.

Do you have any evidence to show that their expenses have not been covered in full? If so, please post it with the link.

Thailand was not being forced to give them anything, as they came as volunteers. But they have. They have shown some gratitude, maybe you should be a little less quick off the mark to bash them.

Whoop-di-do, so with a little bit of luck they now do not have to pay overstay on the current trip.

It is good to finally know the exact worth of 13 Thai lives: a week's holiday, and a rather useless elite-card for the duration of 5 years. For most working stiffs a visa-exempt stay in Thailand of 2-3 weeks a year is all they can swing anyway, apart from the fact that your loved ones still would need visa's on extended stays.

Then again, the farangs in question are getting away lightly. For all we know they could have been given the honor of being appointed honorary Thai.

Had the Government not made any gesture, I don't think the heroes would have had any problems about it.

Just the fact that they (some of whom probably have kids themselves), have given these youngsters the gift of more years of life, by using their skills to save them from near certain death, will stay in their minds and hearts forever.

A JWD from the PM in person would be enough, in particular for the US Military active duty, who may also receive a lifesaving medal or other commendation, and a nice bullet in their fitrep/evaluation, which is good for the next promotion opportunity.

For the others without any restrictions on accepting gifts from foreign nations, this is a very nice gesture.

But look on the comments down. Here we have the core of the forum members. Another reason for all the silly comments below, can also be that they are just jealous.
Everyone seems to behave like children anyway. Here is the facts! You like to comment negative, because it boosts your own ego. When they got a rather good gift you have something negative to say. If they had been left without anything, then you would have been complaining about that. 

However, stupid comments deserves some great feedback. Hold on, here we go! Here is the feedback you deserve:

2 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

I put a lot into posting, can I get one?

No!

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

Well for sure they deserve them but there are also other Farang living in Thailand contributing and with families who equally deserve one imo instead of just being treated like long term tourists.

Sorry, they do not need you, and they never asked you to come here from start. If you qualify for the visa extension based on marriage you are set anyway. I mean, with that big contribution you are talking about, you will surely need more than the 40K per month they ask you for.

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

I'm sure they would be happy with a simple thank you from the PM in person..

The world would probably be fantastic if we put you in charge of what should be done, instead of another thing. We really need a person that can´t be happy with the things already given in the position.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Surely this must be some kind of mistake. They were gonna be sent home so only Thais got the credit, no mention of them in the media bla bla bla 

I can definately say that the mistake is all yours. I love the bla bla bla, by the way. It was the only thing that made sense.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Really, is that all?  A tour of chiang rai and an elite card.  Wow thanks for paying your own way and next time you come back for a visit you can get a 5% discount with this card.

Paying their own way. I actually thought it was a legal restriction on how stupid a comment could be. Now I am much wiser. Thank you! The rest is so out of touch with reality, so I will refrain from comment on that.

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

I rescued my wife from being a somtam seller. Do I qualify? 

Ask your wife, maybe she can care for giving you one. That is of course if you´re not already happy and satisfied with what she gives you already. As I always said: Much want´s more! Go for it!

47 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Whoop-di-do, so with a little bit of luck they now do not have to pay overstay on the current trip.

It is good to finally know the exact worth of 13 Thai lives: a week's holiday, and a rather useless elite-card for the duration of 5 years. For most working stiffs a visa-exempt stay in Thailand of 2-3 weeks a year is all they can swing anyway, apart from the fact that your loved ones still would need visa's on extended stays.

Then again, the farangs in question are getting away lightly. For all we know they could have been given the honor of being appointed honorary Thai.

Oh dear! To come up with such a generous amount of BS is fantastic! Never seen so much rubbish in one place before. Did you have help? As for your last sentence, you must dislike Thais very much, and I sincerely hope that makes you stay home as much as possibly for the rest of your future on planet earth.

17 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

I served Somtham to the mothers, where can I apply for my card? 

No problem: https://www.thailandelite.com/join-thailand-elite/elite-ultimate-privilege-membership?locate=en

2 hours ago, monkfish said:

Well for sure they deserve them but there are also other Farang living in Thailand contributing and with families who equally deserve one imo instead of just being treated like long term tourists.

I can live with that.

Better politics as what the EU is doing.

A post which only partially and incorrectly quoted another post and therefore totally changed its meaning has been removed.

As have some well intentioned replies. Sorry about that folks, but don't get drawn in.

If you are going to quote, do it properly and in full, unless your abbreviation doesn't change the context.

In this case it did, and immediately dragged everything off topic and into bickering.And a bunch of people lost their post.

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

I add that some people flaming should stop immediately or face a holiday. This is not the topic to be trolling on. Stick to the exact topic, or suffer the consequences.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

But look on the comments down. Here we have the core of the forum members. Another reason for all the silly comments below, can also be that they are just jealous.
Everyone seems to behave like children anyway. Here is the facts! You like to comment negative, because it boosts your own ego. When they got a rather good gift you have something negative to say. If they had been left without anything, then you would have been complaining about that. 

However, stupid comments deserves some great feedback. Hold on, here we go! Here is the feedback you deserve:

No!

Sorry, they do not need you, and they never asked you to come here from start. If you qualify for the visa extension based on marriage you are set anyway. I mean, with that big contribution you are talking about, you will surely need more than the 40K per month they ask you for.

The world would probably be fantastic if we put you in charge of what should be done, instead of another thing. We really need a person that can´t be happy with the things already given in the position.

I can definately say that the mistake is all yours. I love the bla bla bla, by the way. It was the only thing that made sense.

Paying their own way. I actually thought it was a legal restriction on how stupid a comment could be. Now I am much wiser. Thank you! The rest is so out of touch with reality, so I will refrain from comment on that.

Ask your wife, maybe she can care for giving you one. That is of course if you´re not already happy and satisfied with what she gives you already. As I always said: Much want´s more! Go for it!

Oh dear! To come up with such a generous amount of BS is fantastic! Never seen so much rubbish in one place before. Did you have help? As for your last sentence, you must dislike Thais very much, and I sincerely hope that makes you stay home as much as possibly for the rest of your future on planet earth.

No problem: https://www.thailandelite.com/join-thailand-elite/elite-ultimate-privilege-membership?locate=en

It was  sarcasm shitzva. Wind you neck in youre not getting one however much you try.

I just thought being a trained rescue professional when helping others where ever needed is a professional courtesy. Nothing more, nothing less. A"Thank You" for your help and a successful outcome is all they would like to hear.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

4 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

I put a lot into posting, can I get one?

No!

3 hours ago, monkfish said:

3 hours ago, monkfish said:

I'm sure they would be happy with a simple thank you from the PM in person..

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Surely this must be some kind of mistake. They were gonna be sent home so only Thais got the credit, no mention of them in the media bla bla bla 

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

I rescued my wife from being a somtam seller. Do I qualify? 

2 hours ago, Bullie said:

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

I served Somtham to the mothers, where can I apply for my card? 

Hello this is  public forum where people are allowed to express their opinions even if you don't like it.
No one insulted you so why do you insult them?

Archived