Thanks for helping us: Foreign cave rescuers all to be given Thai Elite cards

snoop1130

21 hours ago, Whitestarschool said:

What about Donald Trump? What will he be given? This rescue wouldn't have been possible without him.

Thanks WSS ! Your post is one of the most hilarious I've come across on TVF in quite a while... it's comments like yours that make me find this Forum worth following after all ! :clap2:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Are you saying you deserve one for just having a family?

What do you mean by contributing?

My friend got, the order of the white elephant, for work done helping Thailand during the Laos border war. This, IMHO, would be a more appropriate reward.

You can apply for Thai citizenship if you are married to a Thai and worked for 3 years at a cost of 5,000 baht.

And, then wait for 15 years or so while it is approved for very little resulting benefit. He'll ALWAYS be a Falang. People will ALWAYS ask him "where you come from?"

12 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"so maybe I have been lucky all these years". Well I certainly haven't, been accused of having a 25 day overstay, but that has been documented enough here on TV.

I went to another office, and gave them all the proof that was needed for something, and they refused. I won't bother going into all the details.

Maybe your lucky in love then ?.

Anyway as this post is about the cave hero’s we best keep on track. I’m sure you story of the accused overstay would be quite interesting so I’ll have a search for it. Best to keep up to speed with the issues in case I fall out of luck next visa trip ?

On 7/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, Somtamnication said:

I rescued my wife from being a somtam seller. Do I qualify? 

All jokes aside. Those falang that support Thais and pay welfare which the government does not do. I salute you and yes you deserve more than you get.

• 1 month later...

Greetings from Ihab Dahoud,

I was there helping nearly 18 days so how can get elite card?

before two days also I join Thank you dinner United As One they invite me,

but I dont know who I contact to get the 5 years Visa.

Regards.

Ihab Dahoud.

<<<<<Telephone number removed>>>>

S__7569600.jpg

'Ihab Dahoud' that you would get a card if you have not been contacted already... (sorry I just couldn't resist :wai:)...

.........OK, so 'I have doubt' that unless you are contacted directly by those 'dishing out' the Elite Cards will provide them to every single foreigner on the scene. 

By the way. Kudos to you for being there and doing what you could to help. 

Please tell us what you did and how you helped. Apologies if this seems like a 'digging' question, but I'm sure many of us are interested in your story which I'm sure is highly interesting. 

With regards to giving Elite Cards those volunteers who risked their lives, I think its the least that could be done. 

Archived