Anyone for volleyball?

Tortguy

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Exact ; so wrong focus ...

First, how would you compose this to focus on the child’s eyes?

Would you do it in post? Or change the angle, or subjects position, etc?

Second, I disagree that the OP needs to “focus on the eyes”. I think the intent of the image is humor, “look at this tiny kid with such a big ball”.

However, I can understand being drawn to the eyes of this impoverished looking child. If the OP was trying be ironic/humorous, they should brighten up the image in post and reposition the child in a more colorful setting. Lastly, the ball is filthy, and makes the subject appear impoverished, when on second look she’s actually dressed quite nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 months later...

You cant change the focus AFTER you have shot the photo,the whole photo is out of focus.

I would have used a small f stop,say 4  and focused on the eyes which would slightly throw the ball out of focus.  Look at the photo...ur eyes go first to her eyes...

I also would have cropped out the wasted space at the top.

Post processing, added some contrast and highlight definitions and sharpened it a bit

^ +1

You need to understand Depth Of Field (DOF). The smaller the Aperture number eg, F2 the blurrier the background will be, like for use in portraits. A higher Aperture like F20 will be focused a lot more, like for use in Landscape images. 

The Aperture also controls the amount of light allowed in or blocked. 

Archived