Naresuan University offers 13 ‘Wild Boars’ full scholarships

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, greenchair said:

No. 

I have tried to be patient with you. But honestly, there are limits to how patient a person can be. 

So you don't understand and not interested in knowing - oh well, live in ignorance, but be careful not blow a fuse, (another idiom for you).

Naresuan University is at least trying to do good deeds. I just dropped off on of my students there. They are having a project together with Ministry of Education for makeing the education better in the north of Thailand. To promote English a total of 60 students and teachers are going to Taiwan (flight from Bangkok tonight), it's free for the students and teachers pay 50 %. The cost for this is shared 50/50 between Naresuan and MoE, so they are really trying to help the youth. Focus was on sending the poor but good students and my student even had to "borrow" money to be able to make her passport as her family didn't have enough... I don't expect her to pay me back, I just hope she will continue to be a good student! 

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

Happy for all of them and something should be done for the family of the Thai man who died in the effort.

The Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited (AOT) - 4 million baht

Committee for Emergency Relief - 495,000 baht

The financial support from other sectors - 

Bank of Thailand (SET) donated one million baht

Dhipaya Insurance Plc. Donated 50,000 baht

RunForSaman charity - After donation activities totaled 3.56 million baht.

Source : The Manager Newspaper (MGROnline- 2018/07/13)

PM me if you want a link.

1 hour ago, Kasset Tak said:

Naresuan University is at least trying to do good deeds. I just dropped off on of my students there. They are having a project together with Ministry of Education for makeing the education better in the north of Thailand. To promote English a total of 60 students and teachers are going to Taiwan (flight from Bangkok tonight), it's free for the students and teachers pay 50 %. The cost for this is shared 50/50 between Naresuan and MoE, so they are really trying to help the youth. Focus was on sending the poor but good students and my student even had to "borrow" money to be able to make her passport as her family didn't have enough... I don't expect her to pay me back, I just hope she will continue to be a good student! 

Am I missing something here, why would to go to Taiwan to learn English, sounds more like a junket for one or two organisers. 

If you are going to leave Thailand to learn English in SE Asia you would go to Singapore. 

...of course a generous offer,  yet as many posters have mentioned, it should be earned.   As some Thais have been known to be copycats, certainly, a rise in CAVE Adventures, by some Thais, shows them a different lesson... Money making.

Those ADMINISTRATION Types never fail... to promote themselves. 

.. The circus continues...

I'm very happy these kids have been given a break .

I remember one of the rich parents from my school was really upset that my son got a scholarship. He even threatened to make trouble to have my son kicked out. I was so worried, but luckily I was told, once it's been anounced, they can't take it away again. 

So all these negative Normans can seethe with envy all they like. 

These boys have got scholarships to a university in Thailand, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop that now. 

I'm very happy for them.

8 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

A full scholarship irrespective of ability, at the excellent Naruesan University.

Chance of a lifetime for the lads.

Yeah. Lets hope they bust ass like the others that have worked their arse off for years to get a scholarship. Or the others just might get an idea to get stuck in a cave.

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Yeah. Lets hope they bust ass like the others that have worked their arse off for years to get a scholarship. Or the others just might get an idea to get stuck in a cave.

Ah yes, welcome to the real world. In Thailand a teaspoon of fame is worth more than a hundredweight of honest effort. If you can find any honest academic effort.

Instead of scholarships they should focus more on the families of the boys , most of them comes from poor background , even by Thai standard.  

Maybe a donation would have been better. 

Archived