Spray wheel rims

BobBKK

I agree with the above reply that power-coating is the way to go, however the other alternatives are vinyl wrapping and liquid vinyl wrapping. This video gives a comparison: https://youtu.be/64kNx06rFZ4
Probably any shop that offers vinyl wraps will wrap your wheels - it's not permanent and you can remove it without damaging your rims when you get bored with black. https://youtu.be/shhx9O2W6dk
It's obviously not as hard wearing as powder-coating. 

7 hours ago, jadee said:

I agree with the above reply that power-coating is the way to go, however the other alternatives are vinyl wrapping and liquid vinyl wrapping. This video gives a comparison: https://youtu.be/64kNx06rFZ4
Probably any shop that offers vinyl wraps will wrap your wheels - it's not permanent and you can remove it without damaging your rims when you get bored with black. https://youtu.be/shhx9O2W6dk
It's obviously not as hard wearing as powder-coating. 

I have been having trouble finding a wrap service for the roof of my car.  Jicko have just moved and not very ready and carwrappro are in process of moving and not taking customers.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:06 PM, BobBKK said:

I have been having trouble finding a wrap service for the roof of my car.  Jicko have just moved and not very ready and carwrappro are in process of moving and not taking customers.

If you are feeling brave, you could buy wrap from Lazada and try to wrap your wheels yourself. There are many how-to videos on youtube. Otherwise, looks like you should just go to Richco's. 
Wrap: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3m-wrap-film-series-1080-30cmx30cm-i130972788-s139129903.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.16.379e1c95jbTJzB&search=1
How to wrap wheels: https://youtu.be/JVkGZ-vXhHc
I don't know about the roof though, that would be extremely challenging. Personally, I can't even put a tiny screen protector on my phone without getting dust and bubbles underneath! 

14 hours ago, jadee said:

If you are feeling brave, you could buy wrap from Lazada and try to wrap your wheels yourself. There are many how-to videos on youtube. Otherwise, looks like you should just go to Richco's. 
Wrap: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3m-wrap-film-series-1080-30cmx30cm-i130972788-s139129903.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.16.379e1c95jbTJzB&search=1
How to wrap wheels: https://youtu.be/JVkGZ-vXhHc
I don't know about the roof though, that would be extremely challenging. Personally, I can't even put a tiny screen protector on my phone without getting dust and bubbles underneath! 

Thanks I'm going to find a professional wrap co. and use Richco for the wheels   ?  

19 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Thanks I'm going to find a professional wrap co. and use Richco for the wheels   ?  

Great Decision. Richco powder coated the Cromodora wheels for my Alfa GTV almost 9 years ago. These are wheels with a complicated surface geometry and are still wearing well & looking good.

It's good to  be aware that if you are powder coating your wheels at Richco you will have to remove both wheels and tires from the car and just deliver them the wheels.

We took our car there this morning never giving a second thought to removing the wheels, the car is now back on the drive until I figure out a way to do it!!

I still want to get it done, it's 20k cheaper than buying new wheels, just got to find a way!!

Anyway apparantly The process takes roughly 3 days. Oh  (that's the managers name) is a very helpful guy, he just was not there to help me this morning !!!

51 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

It's good to  be aware that if you are powder coating your wheels at Richco you will have to remove both wheels and tires from the car and just deliver them the wheels.

We took our car there this morning never giving a second thought to removing the wheels, the car is now back on the drive until I figure out a way to do it!!

I still want to get it done, it's 20k cheaper than buying new wheels, just got to find a way!!

Anyway apparantly The process takes roughly 3 days. Oh  (that's the managers name) is a very helpful guy, he just was not there to help me this morning !!!

Can you give the cost per wheel.

The guys recommended here seem to be on the ball, but be careful selecting the company to powder coat your aluminum rims. 

Aluminum anneals at a pretty low temperature, and some fly-by-night powder coaters will soften your rims while they're making them purty.   

Select a vendor who does wheels on a regular basis- with references.

4 hours ago, impulse said:

The guys recommended here seem to be on the ball, but be careful selecting the company to powder coat your aluminum rims. 

Aluminum anneals at a pretty low temperature, and some fly-by-night powder coaters will soften your rims while they're making them purty.   

That's just what the OP has done.

6 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Well here's what I'm doing...  find local garage to remove wheels and tyres and store car for 3/4 days. Take rims to Richco and return when completed. to said garage. Balance and track locally.

6 hours ago, Isan Farang said:

Can you give the cost per wheel.

2,000 per wheel and then 200 per wheel to have them removed at a garage, delivered to Richco return and put back on afterwards, Richco deal with two garages all the time, you just have to take the car to Mae Jo or Mae Rim first and collect it from there afterwards...don't know how Richco get paid? He has not told me that.

But he has sent maps pictures and telephone numbers of the garages, we are choosing Mae Jo as that is the closest one to us

1 hour ago, Saraphee said:
6 hours ago, impulse said:

That's just what the OP has done.

The OP isn't the only one reading in here...  There's others reading this that aren't anywhere near the recommended shop.  My advice is for anyone contemplating getting it done.  Find a shop that does a lot of wheels (same goes for aluminum SCUBA tanks).

33 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Would appear from the telephone number that they are in Bangkok, which could be problematic

34 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Would appear from the telephone number that they are in Bangkok, which could be problematic

For myself no problem I use Kerry Express door to door with tracking, top notch service.

15 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

2,000 per wheel and then 200 per wheel to have them removed at a garage, delivered to Richco return and put back on afterwards, Richco deal with two garages all the time, you just have to take the car to Mae Jo or Mae Rim first and collect it from there afterwards...don't know how Richco get paid? He has not told me that.

But he has sent maps pictures and telephone numbers of the garages, we are choosing Mae Jo as that is the closest one to us

Hi, yes I've just been informed of the Mae Rim place but Richco tell me there is no room at the Mae Jo branch for storing inside.

54 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Hi, yes I've just been informed of the Mae Rim place but Richco tell me there is no room at the Mae Jo branch for storing inside.

Update: it was like pulling teeth getting the location of this company (Richco could not send GPS). Mae Jo no facility to store the car so I will go Mae Rim as they take the rims direct to Richco saving me doing all that jazz.

If people are interested I can take a photo now and once process is finished.

34 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Update: it was like pulling teeth getting the location of this company (Richco could not send GPS). Mae Jo no facility to store the car so I will go Mae Rim as they take the rims direct to Richco saving me doing all that jazz.

If people are interested I can take a photo now and once process is finished.

Please go ahead and take some before and after shots, I am very interested on how the finished product looks.

I assume they do not do any minor damage repairs, its just the refinish work ?.

Just now, Isan Farang said:

Please go ahead and take some before and after shots, I am very interested on how the finished product looks.

I assume they do not do any minor damage repairs, its just the refinish work ?.

Hi, I am car rapping my motor from red/silver to red/black so getting the Rims done to match. I don't know about repairs just contact them but I think they just do powder coating. 

On 7/18/2018 at 11:07 AM, Isan Farang said:

I am to old for the traditional method so I got the push button package fitted.

IMG_0874.JPG

Got to get the tyres off the wheels though, if you can do that easily it sounds like a plan!!

Archived